• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Doran-Jones adds to Gloucester front row options

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/4967.php

Gloucester Rugby have bolstered their front row resources for 2009-10 with the signing of prop Paul Doran-Jones from London Welsh. Doran-Jones, who turned 24 on May 2nd, has signed a 2 year contract with Gloucester Rugby and will report for preseason training in June.

Capable of playing on both sides of the scrum, Doran-Jones' career started at Lansdowne Rugby Club in Dublin whilst he was at University in the city.

He had a spell with Kings Country in New Zealand and four seasons with Leinster from 2003 to 2007 before spending the past two seasons at London Welsh and also playing for London Wasps in their Guinness A League triumph in 2008.

He has represented England at U18 level and Ireland U19s and U21s in their respective Six Nations and World Cup squads.

Doran-Jones said today that he'd had offers to join other clubs but had been so impressed with the Kingshom set up that it had been an easy decision.

"I did have other options but I met up with Dean Ryan and Carl Hogg and what they had to say about developing me as a player really struck a chord."

"I'd also never visited Kingsholm and I got an awesome feeling from the stadium and the city. There's so much pride and tradition there but also so much potential. I really wanted to be a part of that."

Head Coach Dean Ryan added:

"Paul's had a very good grounding in National League Division One and more than held his own against some very good front rows."

"We think he's one for the future and can develop into a very good Premiership player."[/b]
I can't remember too much about Doran-Jones from his time with Leinster. He was an unexceptional player a couple of years ago but seems to be carving out a decent career for himself.

Incidentally, he's good mates with James Haskell:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...deo+/article.do

Three teenage pupils have been suspended from their public school after a camera was secretly set up to film two of them having sex.

Paul Doran-Jones, 17, and James Haskell, 18, videoed Doran-Jones romping naked with his 17-year-old girlfriend in a boys' dormitory at Wellington College in Crowthorne, Berks.

The girl, who had no idea she was being filmed, was "furious" when she discovered that Doran-Jones and Haskell, a former England Under-18 rugby captain, had shown the video to other students in the £19,000-a-year school's common room.

One pupil who saw the video, recorded by a camera hidden in a cupboard, said: "It was full-on stuff. The younger boys were banned from seeing it. It's fair to say that it was obviously not the first time for either Paul or his girlfriend."[/b]

Latest posts