• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Downloading music

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

What's the best legal site for music? I found Allofmp3.com which seems to be the cheapest @ 5-10 cent a song, but is there anything better? Thanks

Yeah, I was wondering why CA Iverson closed your other topic when you were asking for legal music sites.

I recommend you just use iTunes, while I personally haven't used them (For whatever reason they don't do music in NZ, all you can get is the free Podcasts), from what I've heard they have the best selection. Than again you need to have an iPod to use them, but theres probably programs out there which can get you around that.

Yeah, I was wondering why CA Iverson closed your other topic when you were asking for legal music sites.

I recommend you just use iTunes, while I personally haven't used them (For whatever reason they don't do music in NZ, all you can get is the free Podcasts), from what I've heard they have the best selection. Than again you need to have an iPod to use them, but theres probably programs out there which can get you around that.
[/b]

I have an ipod but compared to allofmp3.com itunes is dear!!

Face it...the days of FREE MUSIC are over. For this very reason I will alway boycott Metalica. That ******* Lars ruined my life. iTunes is a good program for podcasts ect...but it is an extension of Apple's desire to rule the MP3 market. Everything you get from them will be in AAC which only work on Apple products. Ditch your iPod and switch to a WMA compatible player. Then there are a load of sites...it just depends where you live.

Face it...the days of FREE MUSIC are over. For this very reason I will alway boycott Metalica. That ******* Lars ruined my life. iTunes is a good program for podcasts ect...but it is an extension of Apple's desire to rule the MP3 market. Everything you get from them will be in AAC which only work on Apple products. Ditch your iPod and switch to a WMA compatible player. Then there are a load of sites...it just depends where you live.
[/b]
WMA Blows, the problem I have them is the sound quality, you don't really notice on studio albums, but on live recordings, especially audience ones the sound difference is perfectly noticeable. I personally use as much .Flac files as possible, just a shame they are about 10 times the size and don't work on virtually every main stream MP3 Player out there, including my precious iPod.

http://www.tomdownload.com/audio_mp3/mp3_c...o_converter.htm - lets you convert AAC and MP4 to WMA and MP3 and what not... I haven't tried it with AAC, but I converted MP4 Files ok and they worked on my brothers cheap MP3 Player.

Remember people it is against the rules to talk about illegal downloading anyone caught will be warned apropriately (sp) and there post will be deleted or edited...

Please keep this topic about legal music downloads.

Charlie

yeah i got a sony mp3 player, i don't really like Ipods. their battery life is shite compared to mine and they don't fit no where near as many songs! mind you, the ipods are very user friendly and they look good.
i'm a sony guy tho so i'm a bit biased. everything i own is sony!

I was the same, had Sony everything... then got introduced to a couple of fellas named JBL and Marantz :)

As for portable MP3 player, got a 20G iRiver. ****** all over iPods from a great height, until it comes to size of unit...

There is another way.

If you have a good enough town centre or local library some of them hire out cd's. I think they are about a £1 for two weeks, hire the cd and bobs your uncle. Providing you can rip them in the format you require that is

I did this now and again to see what a cd was like before I brought it, saves buying shite cds. Although my local library isn't very well stocked and I can't be arsed to go to town just to go to the library, think I owe a fine from about five years ago.

I suppose that way at least your paying something towards royalties. Although nothing in my eye beats good ol vinyl and you can crank up the volume without it sounding crap or distorted.

Now where's my Forever Changes ablum.

Latest posts