• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dragon Age: Origins

C

CeeJay

I don't know if any of you even have this game...............

But, so far it is one of the best RPGs I have ever played, if not one of the best games period.

I love the story, the setting, I love the battle system, the variety of tactics, I think it looks fantastic! (despite being criticised by many has having below par graphics.)

Its great how you get all covered in blood, really feels like your in a brutal fight.

finally a Medieval RPG has finishing moves!! Ive always wished games like oblivion had finishing moves, just to make it a little less whack-a-go-round.

This game is huge. Ive already put 40 hours into my first play through, and I'm not even halfway. ( I'm
a completionest) And, with 6 different origins to play through I'm already planning my second play through!

I already played through the human origin about 5 times just to get the feel for the game and the different weapons, as well as get all the side quests. So, add another 10 hours of doing that onto my total!

Finally a game that captivates me to the point that I'm thinking about it at work! Its been a long time
since a game did that to me!!

BTW. I'm playing on ps3.

Sorry, made a mistake in the topic ***le. If someone with the power could edit it for me.........

should be Dragon AGE.

My Bro (a long time gamer) and another WoW fanatic in work have both been singing its praises. its meant to be the best RPG since Baldurs Gate which in itself says a lot.

It is definately next on my list of games to play.

I've heard really good things about this, was considering buying it yesterday, but bought Oblivion, used, for £7 instead :p
I'll probably get it when the price has dropped/can get it cheaper used, as i am quite interested in playing through it

I just clocked up 70 hours on my first play through, and Im still not at the end. Other people have saidn that they zipped throught the main quest in 30
hours, but I am going after every single quest. This game is huge, especially by todays standards.

thats a good bargain on oblivion. I enjoyed that game, although I never finished it. The combat is just too dull, I let it go after about 50 hours. Still plan to pick it up one day. Also, I dont like first person sword fighting and the third person looks awkward. The combat in this is simliar (just whacking each other) althought the pause command and tactics aswell as 4 party members mean you can plan and execute each skirmish to your liking, set traps and
ambush or charge in. As I mentioned above, the random finishing moves keep the combat from feeling dead and theres a nice variety of them for each
sword style (archers and mages dont get any)

The crazy thing about dragon age is that as soon as Im finished, Im starting again! Which is a first for me in any story based RPG!

Finsihed my first playthrough in just over 80 hours. Started again with a new character and did a new origin story. I still can't put it down.

I thinks I'LL probably get through it in half the time as I will only be doing the quests I missed the first time.

Well, after starting two more playthroughs and losing interest around the 20 hour mark on each (started to get repetitive) I'm calling it a day after about 120 hours, I'm bummed that It's over, it was a great game and well worth the money. When I get a new pc I might just get this again for the mod community and toolset.