TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_49123852_tom_cheeseman_get226.jpg

Newport Gwent Dragons have signed centre Tom Cheeseman from Bath on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Swansea-born Cheeseman, 24, returns to Wales after six seasons with the Aviva Premiership club.

Cheeseman, son of ex-Swansea flanker Trevor has made 83 Bath appearances since joining from Swansea in 2004.

"I have to admit it's a bit nerve-wracking to be coming into such a big weekend with the game away game at the [Cardiff] Blues," said Cheeseman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ng_dragons/9004745.stm

You know, I came on here to ask what had happened to Cheeseman. He was the 'next big thing' when he was in the Ospreys/Swansea youth system, but he's never made anything of himself. I can't believe he's still only 24, anyone reckon this loan stint could revitalise his career and propel him into the limelight?

We may have a contender for "best name in rugby"

Cheeseman vs Bearman

The lost man of Welsh Rugby!

Goes to the one man who can do it ... Paul Turner. Bloke has a habit of turning average players / players with potential into good players.

The lost man of Welsh Rugby!

Goes to the one man who can do it ... Paul Turner. Bloke has a habit of turning average players / players with potential into good players.

Agreed.
He was in the successful 2005 Under 19's squad with Jamie Roberts and Bradley Davies; this lad certainly has potential.
I wonder what a Cheeseman/Bishop centre combination would be like now.

Latest posts