• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dumb posters on the Gaming section

psychic duck

International
Despite not being a regular poster in the Rugby Gaming section, through reading posts in the new posts section I find some of the posters there rather stupid

Every time I look there are several inarticulate comments saying something along the line of "it's a crap game", despite never having played and judging it as if they've seen everything about it whilst in reality only having seen a trailer

It's comments like that which are just plain stupid,

Also there are questions which have been asked and answered over and over again, despite the answer being written several times on the forum, I don't know how many times somebody has asked when the demo is coming out

I also at times find this forum more of a "Rugby Games Forum" than a Rugby Forum, I wish more people would talk about the actual sport

It's just something you have to put up with I'm afraid. There's been an influx of that kind of poster since the tie with HB was announced, but they were likely to emerge here with the development of the two rugby games regardless. As a tradeoff the forum gets more publicity which in turn probably makes it easier for the Admins to attract sponsors and interviewees and the like. Certainly we didn't have interviews with the like of Digby Ioane or Ed Fairhurst before the HB link was announced.

At least when the games come out (probably a month or two after the release date) all these posters will return to the cracks in the wall.

I think the RWC and the games coming out has led to an increase in traffic several excellent new posters have arrived some decent contrbutors post occasionally but there are many terrible posters here for a fight or just trolling. Things will probably cool down a bit in November and hopefully the cream of the new crop stays and continues to contribute.

Yep. Unfortunitly the quantity of posters aren't always related to the quality of posters. So many people that just join to have a whinge.

OMFG loloLOL, howz cn j00 say dat RWC 2012 ISN'T ganna b ****?!?!? stupid ppl. Rugby Challenge 4 Life!!!

And the like.

I don't read the RWC (game) treads because you see stuff like what nick just posted took me about 3 minuets to read.

People are allowed to say what they want.

The fact you may get impression most are annoying pre-pubescents already bored 1 week into their summer holidays is besides the point.

Despite not being a regular poster in the Rugby Gaming section, through reading posts in the new posts section I find some of the posters there rather stupid

Every time I look there are several inarticulate comments saying something along the line of "it's a crap game", despite never having played and judging it as if they've seen everything about it whilst in reality only having seen a trailer

It's comments like that which are just plain stupid,

Also there are questions which have been asked and answered over and over again, despite the answer being written several times on the forum, I don't know how many times somebody has asked when the demo is coming out

I also at times find this forum more of a "Rugby Games Forum" than a Rugby Forum, I wish more people would talk about the actual sport

2 points..

1) This is the official forum of the game, and TRF has pal'd up with HB, so there are inevitably going to be posters talking about games.
2) The sort of person who joins a forum to talk specifically about a computer game is normally a teenager or younger, and therefore lacking in maturity you'd expect from someone who's simply nuts about rugby.

All that in mind, the Rugby 2012 forum is well worth steering clear of. Especially since the mods from here have to get extra defensive over the (usually justified but not well-explained) criticisms of HB.

Simply, avoid the forums. Rugby 2012 will be Rugby 08 with better graphics and a few new features. Not too much need for further discussion.

Latest posts