• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dunning and Tuqiri

A

allblack2109

I don't know if many of you are aware, but two of the Wallabies - namely Matt Dunning and Lote Tuqiri - have recently been caught boozing in their hotel room till wee morning hours (5:20 am). In the aftermath of their drinking session, one of their companions beat up a cabby outside the hotel. As a result, John O'Neill (the head of ARU), issued them with a 12 midnight curfew.

What I am wondering is if that curfew applies until 12 midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), while they are in Europe? If so, they can have fun till around 4 pm Central European Time (CET) in order not to miss their curfew. Thus, they can't play any world cup games for the Wallabies. :) Alternatively, they can stay out all night and have a nice long afterparty. I reckon they're just a huge liability for the Wallabies anyway - I don't remember a time when Tuqiri scored a decent try, and a game in which Dunning didn't collapse at least 3 scrums - so it'd be better for the team management to let them be the team partymakers, or maybe even mascots (take a look at the picture linked below - don't they look 'adorable')!? :)

470CINDERELLA,0.jpg

i'll agree on some of that... you're time zone theory is great by the way :)

dunning has done a lot of work in my opinion, he's still far from the world's best but he's improved the quality of the wallabies front row since the england pack made mince meat out of them and i think he has the right attitude (apart from the late night shenanigans).

tiquri on the other hand, a naturally gifted rugby player hasn't shown much hunger and intent since the world cup final in 2003. the last really awesome things I remember him doing are flying over robinson, grabbing the ball in the air and landing across the try line, and gathering the ball and turning to be immediately confronted by balshaw (i think), then ducking and flipping him over his head. both those effort required quick instinctive decisions. that was the tiquiri i enjoyed watching.

if this is true, then what's got him down in the dumps? and i find it strange that the two of them are partners in crime off the field... they should take a leaf out of eachothers book. tiquiri should teach dunning skill and dunning should teach tiquiri about hunger and how to kick drop goals.

i'm hoping that if tiquiri doesn't want to be part of the wallabies anymore, that's fine, i just hope he's honest enough to step aside and give someone else a shot. there are plenty of wingers who wouldn't pass up the opportunity to wear the green and gold

Maybe that's true, but I think this was a bit of an overreaction. They weren't actually involved in any altercation.

Tuqiri has showed some decent try's in the tri nations. How about when he speared McCaw and intercepted Jerry Collins and his four tries versus Fiji...c'mon...hes a star player.

I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with his tackle on McCaw. Yeah, he landed awkwardly, but Tuqiri didn't do anything malicious. Big hit and McCaw tried squirming out of it to his dismay.
Tough luck. Good hit - i say.

I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with his tackle on McCaw. Yeah, he landed awkwardly, but Tuqiri didn't do anything malicious. Big hit and McCaw tried squirming out of it to his dismay.
Tough luck. Good hit - i say.
[/b]
Absolutely agree...Tuqiri was just driving McCaw back.

yes but you aren't allowed to touch the precious richie mccaw, therefore some sort of foul play must have taken place :toss:

yes but you aren't allowed to touch the precious richie mccaw, therefore some sort of foul play must have taken place :toss:
[/b]

You say it like McCaw is a royal princess or a royal queen or something......well heck to the no....hes not more special when he is on the field..

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You say it like McCaw is a royal princess or a royal queen or something......well heck to the no....hes not more special when he is on the field.. [/b][/quote] i assume your talking about last year?one. tiquiri lifted mccaws legs above the vertical, two he drove richies head into the turf and even a mental aussie could see that and as for matt dunning improving aussies scrum you got to be kidding the only reason they haven't been completely destroyed is bcause the aussie coaches worked out the 50/50 chance of conceding or recieving scrum penaltys is better than a zero percent chance of getting clean ball. i.e. dunning drops to the ground every time hes in a scrum and aus still get the penalty half the time. look at the melbourne game gregan didn't put the ball into a single scrum in the first half because the aussies were dropping the scrum every time and pointing the finger at the abs, so the referee was basically taking turns penalising aus and nz.just because you haven't been giving away penalty trys doesn't mean your scrum isn't a complete and utter disgrace. :%#%#: :ranting: :rahh: :wall:

complete over reaction, they wherent involved in any altercation and what grown men do in their own time is up to them, the ARU has gone and given them a bedtime. just a tad ridiculas.

complete over reaction, they wherent involved in any altercation and what grown men do in their own time is up to them, the ARU has gone and given them a bedtime. just a tad ridiculas.
[/b]
Rubbish, if they want to be proffessional players they need to act as such, they need to grow up and take thier job seriously, which because of mass media makes thier private lives irrelevant when they are in season...the 'own time' is the off season, simple as that....

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You say it like McCaw is a royal princess or a royal queen or something......well heck to the no....hes not more special when he is on the field.. [/b][/quote] i assume your talking about last year?one. tiquiri lifted mccaws legs above the vertical, two he drove richies head into the turf and even a mental aussie could see that and as for matt dunning improving aussies scrum you got to be kidding the only reason they haven't been completely destroyed is bcause the aussie coaches worked out the 50/50 chance of conceding or recieving scrum penaltys is better than a zero percent chance of getting clean ball. i.e. dunning drops to the ground every time hes in a scrum and aus still get the penalty half the time. look at the melbourne game gregan didn't put the ball into a single scrum in the first half because the aussies were dropping the scrum every time and pointing the finger at the abs, so the referee was basically taking turns penalising aus and nz.just because you haven't been giving away penalty trys doesn't mean your scrum isn't a complete and utter disgrace. :%#%#: :ranting: :rahh: :wall: [/b][/quote]

yeah i couldn't agree with you more, every team in the world is ****. why do they even bother turning up to face the might of the all blacks. no other team in the world can compete against the all blacks, the all black rule the world!

/sarcasm

[/b]

You say it like McCaw is a royal princess or a royal queen or something......well heck to the no....hes not more special when he is on the field.. [/b][/quote] i assume your talking about last year?one. tiquiri lifted mccaws legs above the vertical, two he drove richies head into the turf and even a mental aussie could see that and as for matt dunning improving aussies scrum you got to be kidding the only reason they haven't been completely destroyed is bcause the aussie coaches worked out the 50/50 chance of conceding or recieving scrum penaltys is better than a zero percent chance of getting clean ball. i.e. dunning drops to the ground every time hes in a scrum and aus still get the penalty half the time. look at the melbourne game gregan didn't put the ball into a single scrum in the first half because the aussies were dropping the scrum every time and pointing the finger at the abs, so the referee was basically taking turns penalising aus and nz.just because you haven't been giving away penalty trys doesn't mean your scrum isn't a complete and utter disgrace. :%#%#: :ranting: :rahh: :wall:
[/b][/quote]

Meh.

I don't think that's as bad as the All Black's blatantly taking out Australian defenders not involved in the ruck in the last Bledisloe.

Unfortunately in that game the ref was more than a bit slooooooow to penalise them.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Meh.

I don't think that's as bad as the All Black's blatantly taking out Australian defenders not involved in the ruck in the last Bledisloe.

Unfortunately in that game the ref was more than a bit slooooooow to penalise them.
[/b][/quote]

WRONG new zelanand are the best and fairest team in the world as spider18 mentioned. they never play the man and always play the ball and they most definetly never use their hands in the ruck. they are a fine sqaud of sportman like gentlemen. they can do no wrong.

/sarcasm again

Maybe that's true, but I think this was a bit of an overreaction. They weren't actually involved in any altercation.
[/b]

I couldn't of put it any better :D