• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Duplicate Players in Rugby 08

O

ozzy

Hi all I have been trying to compile a list of all the players in the game who are duplicates. This list does not contain any players who only exist with a pseudonym and have no real name double. For example there is only 1 Brian Laima in the game there is no Brian Lima.
So here are the ones I've found so far. If you could list any others that I haven't mentioned here that would be cool. Thanks.

F.Poulos
P.Howsat
J.Agerman
B.Connan
S.Sivviatu
S.Maspua
R.Sumo
S.Basten
P.de Villain
C.Demonicci
V.Clic
P.Freshaqua
Y.Jezebel
S.Maticorena
I.Hardhordoquy
C.Harman
D.Sarskewski
C.Pointerrsis
E.Sveali'i
Y.Nayano
D.Skale
J.Elissguy
S.Hn'solo
L.Fatau
S.Tagitabak
H.Tulugu
D.Fanni'nasti
M.Scho'larger
G.Rontree
I.Bodshow
S.Luakai
J.Lahar
****D.Ward Smith

i found 2 breyton paulse's while selecting my bok squad - 1 with real looking face, 1 with different one. both identical ratings, size etc

There is a B.Cannon and a B.Conan or something like that, as you mentioned, what was the point of that? It seems pointless to me....

Hi all I have been trying to compile a list of all the players in the game who are duplicates. This list does not contain any players who only exist with a pseudonym and have no real name double. For example there is only 1 Brian Laima in the game there is no Brian Lima.
So here are the ones I've found so far. If you could list any others that I haven't mentioned here that would be cool. Thanks.

F.Poulos
P.Howsat
J.Agerman
B.Connan
S.Sivviatu
S.Maspua
R.Sumo
S.Basten
P.de Villain
C.Demonicci
V.Clic
P.Freshaqua
Y.Jezebel
S.Maticorena
I.Hardhordoquy
C.Harman
D.Sarskewski
C.Pointerrsis
E.Sveali'i
Y.Nayano
D.Skale
J.Elissguy
S.Hn'solo
L.Fatau
S.Tagitabak
H.Tulugu
D.Fanni'nasti
M.Scho'larger
G.Rontree
I.Bodshow
S.Luakai
J.Lahar
****D.Ward Smith
[/b]

could you please give their real names next to those? that would help me fix the ps2 version! lol

Um yeah like I was saying these are "DUPLICATE" players, that means the real players are also there already. You see a lot of it with the French players, there are 2 copies of the a lot of them, one with the proper names and the other with a pseudonym. Hope that makes it a little less confusing.
Now one more time, any DUPLICATE players that I haven't already mentioned?
Here's a couple of Scotland players who another fellow mentioned somewhere else.

C.Patson
A. Hoge
M. Brail
S.Westber
H.Sothal
M. De Rillo

For the Irish side here's two off the top of my head -

Malcolm O'Kelly and M. Kelly
G. Brown and G. Browne

Thanks Hiso, I found a G.Browne, but no G.Brown. The other guy checked out as a duplicate.

The names..

F.Poulos - F.Pelous
P.Howsat - P Hewat
J.Agerman - Not sure.. look on the com name.
B.Connan - B.Cannon (retired now)
S.Sivviatu - S.Sivivatu
S.Maspua - S.Mapasua
R.Sumo - R.Samo
S.Basten - S.Betsen
P.de Villain - P.De Villiers
C.Demonicci - C.Dominci
V.Clic - V.Clerc
P.Freshaqua - P.Freshwater
Y.Jezebel - Y.Jauzion
S.Maticorena - S.Marticorena
I.Hardhordoquy - I.Harinodoquy
C.Harman - C.Hayman (NZ Prop or could be C.Heymans FRA winger)
D.Sarskewski - D.Szarszewski
C.Pointerrsis - C.Poitrenaud
E.Sveali'i - E.Seveali'i
Y.Nayano - Y.Nyanga
D.Skale - D.Skrela
J.Elissguy - J.Elissalde
S.Hn'solo - S.So'oialo
L.Fatau - L.Fa'atau
S.Tagitabak - S.Tagicakibau
H.Tulugu - H.Tuilagi
D.Fanni'nasti - D.Fea'unati
M.Scho'larger - M.Schwalger
G.Rontree - G.Rowntree
I.Bodshow - I.Balshaw
S.Luakai - S.Lauaki
J.Lahar - J.Laharrague

C.Patson - C.Paterson
A. Hoge - A.Hogg
M. Brail - M.Blair (probably a FH?
S.Westber - S.Webster
H.Sothal - H.Southwell
M. De Rillo - M. Di Rollo

Just a thought but I recon these duplicates came about because EA had trouble securing the rights to certain player's names, so they created a mispelled version to ensure they remained in the game. Perhaps they managed to secure the rights late on in development and forgot to get rid of the duplicates?

they did it because the club teams dont have the license for example, leinster have f. contiepomi instead of f. contepomi

and when you go to national squad selections the national teams are licensed therefor they can use the real names but the game still pulls every player of that nationality from its database and makes them available for selection

so theoretically you could have two felipe contepomis in a argentinian squad.

I like that feature.. it doesn't serve any purpose with the editor, as you can put any player as many times as you like in a team.. (must try team lomu or team wilko lol) so effectively, it is a spare player to add to the database under a different name..

I thought I saw a couple of D.Heenan's too, fairly sure they had different ages and stats and all that, but they are both obviously Daniel Heenan

Latest posts