• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 (full version) review

lol NZL fan got bit of a serve by some stupid guy on planetcrcket that thinks cricket 2005 is awesome

for anyone who cares I figured out how to hit a 6 everytime, well most times if it's in the right spot. If it's pitched about middle outside off stump. Wait till the bowler's hand is just about to release the ball and use L1+charge and do a straight drive. Sorry if everyone knew that already lol

I can't believe some people were going to buy this until they read this review of full version.

Anyone with a brain knew this was going to be one of the worst sports sims in living memory (if you love the sport - which I do immensely)...

BLICs arrives on my auckland doorstep in about ten days.
<

Oh and jimmy 44, sorry you were right - this game is just awesome and definitely deserved your cash......
<

I also like the way you implied that it was fine if you had more money as if, b/c we hire before buy or listen to people who know what they are talking about and ADHERE to that advice, it is because we are poor or something. What a gib.
This is the fact: Being a rich consumer doesn't mean you need to be a friggin' idiot. Good luck with your purchase and congrats on your fattening of EA's wallet......good form.
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 16 2005, 07:17 PM
Anyone with a brain knew this was going to be one of the worst sports sims in living memory (if you love the sport - which I do immensely)...
I feel it simulates Cricket (Test Cricket at least) perfectly.

Slow, very few runs scored and nobody cares about it Apart from judging from a quick scan of the PC forums) the Indians.

<

<
<
<

<
<
<

<
<
<

unbelievable....GET THIS!!!

There is already a copy of cricket 2005 on sale on trade me!!!!

<

It says something like:

Almost brand new - I don't like this (lol!!!!!) but someone else might get some enjoyment from it.

Hilarious.

EA - It is now official.

You are a joke.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 16 2005, 07:17 PM
I can't believe some people were going to buy this until they read this review of full version.
While you're probably refering to me there, you've misinterpreted what I wrote. I said "I had been thinking about getting Cricket 2005" which meant that I had considered buying it, and NZL Fan's opinion had simply put the nail in the coffin, and now I will definitely not get it. No biggy.
<

The only good thing PC gaming is good for are Real Time Stragety games... although now they are starting to release more things like Wireless USB Keyboards and what not for Consoles that advantage is going out the window.

Although Consoles still have a way to go in conqouring online gaming, while they are definatly making huge inroads - ecspecially with such concepts as the XSN - it still reigns sumpreme - although the fact it is f***ing twice as complicated to set up then consoles will see the eventual death of it.

RAH!! i just finnished hiring the game...

2 things that bug me

one)batting. you would think you would need paitence for bowling, but no, batting i cant do that well, becasue all i want to do is smack it!
<
but i cant be f***ed waiting for some rythum, and just smash it every time it isnt aiming at the stumps.

two) the amount of time between bowls. its good how it is like tv, and has all the cut scenes and such, but for gods sake, make a no cut scene option. yes cricket is a "slow" game, but this makes it boring! so much time waiting for the bowl stuff to come up.

i would have to give the game a 5/10. bowling i like. the only thing on my wish list is for rotorua park? was it, cant remember the name, but being able to make creators!! that would be awesome. spin bowling is awesome!!

Not really - gimmie Timesplitters or Killzone anyday. Meteroid Prime and Halo are also up there in the fun factor.

Originally posted by sambad5@Jul 17 2005, 07:08 PM
RAH!! i just finnished hiring the game...

2 things that bug me

one)batting. you would think you would need paitence for bowling, but no, batting i cant do that well, becasue all i want to do is smack it!
<
but i cant be f***ed waiting for some rythum, and just smash it every time it isnt aiming at the stumps.

two) the amount of time between bowls. its good how it is like tv, and has all the cut scenes and such, but for gods sake, make a no cut scene option. yes cricket is a "slow" game, but this makes it boring! so much time waiting for the bowl stuff to come up.

i would have to give the game a 5/10. bowling i like. the only thing on my wish list is for rotorua park? was it, cant remember the name, but being able to make creators!! that would be awesome. spin bowling is awesome!!
I used a voucher for a free new release and hired it - played it with a mate:

He pleaded to be allowed to stop playing and said and I quote:

"This is not the worst sports game of all time......This is THE WORST GAME of all time full stop"

Not only is it ridiculously hard, frustrating and immensely, immensely boring...

But it is also pathetically easy!! How?

Because after we were bowled out for 9 by India

We went into the next game (a 4 day one) before we realised the cheat - well not cheat at all - just a normal, standing still x shot with power that almost never fails EVER!!!! But then it was easy and BORING too!!!!

Serious review of the game:

1.2 / 10

For comparison - I would give Cricket 2002 - 6.2

I think you are getting a picture of the worst game around...the better graphics, because it is so poor - actually make the game EVEN worse. You'll see what I mean if you ever have the horrible and ill-fated displeasure of playing this f***ing turd of a game. It is a two-day hire and we will not touch it again (one hour's play down)

**SPOILER*****

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand and if the ball is right length whcih half the time it is - just go straight leg-side/onside..i.e. straight right with power (L1) at any ball just off a yorker and not too short.....Straight away

6 x 6's off an over and we went from

23/5

to

267 all out

2nd game.....Even with full confidence metres though, once you attempted other shots DESPITE perfect timing (trust me) - you didn't get away with it for long...

Anyway - for the record - 2 games (one with a 9 all out!!) and highest score was Flintoff 86 (run out by my mate!!!! f$#%ing hell - or so you'd think, but you ..

JUST.......DON'T.....CARE.

To be honest once it's on you feel nauseous and just want it to end. My brother checked it out too and lasted three minutes.......

THREE MINUTES.

- Mysurround sound just loved the blaring cricket 2002 commentary, terribly incorrect cut scenes, electric eel and then suddenly lazy fielders, dropped catches, No grounding the bat, sound of stumps crunched every time the fielder catches or touches a ball, sound of fence being struck every time the ball bounces.....

I could go on literally for an hour - from two games.

It is the worst game I have ever played.....be positive if you want, but this game will crush it out of you in minutes. This game denies ignorance.

<

EA - this isn't just POOR, like I thought it would be.

This is just a f***ing daylight robbery - the worst game ever actually.

I saw no 20/20s either you f***ing assholes HB/EA (unless a 20 over match is supposed to be a twenty/twenty match, whixh we know it isn't).

i would only even hire this game, let alone buy it, if i had a mate to play multi player with. even then, you would have to play real cricket, rather than ps2 tatics if you know what i mean.

unfourtunatly i dont have any friends, so no cricket 2005 for me
<

fingers crossed for BLIC

PC still kicks for any game, fps on a console is just so slow compared to pc
rpgs are much better on pcs especially mmrpgs
<
much more fun playing them with other people.

graphics are also far superior on pc 2, much more room to move imho

my 2 cents

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 18 2005, 11:14 AM
<

my 2 cents
and how big is your monitor?

Do you have a control that imitates a console's?

FPSs are the domain of the single player (fair enough) and the teenage kid.

If you're playing sports games almost entirely.....you need console, big screen tv or projector, surround sound etc etc.......That is no place for a pc to be treading.

I love all the quicker loading times comments too.......firstly pcs DO have loading times and secondly, how long does a pc take to be up and running? Two seconds and you are ready to go? Nope.

my three cents.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 18 2005, 12:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 18 2005, 12:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Jul 18 2005, 11:14 AM

<

my 2 cents
and how big is your monitor?

Do you have a control that imitates a console's?

FPSs are the domain of the single player (fair enough) and the teenage kid.

If you're playing sports games almost entirely.....you need console, big screen tv or projector, surround sound etc etc.......That is no place for a pc to be treading.

I love all the quicker loading times comments too.......firstly pcs DO have loading times and secondly, how long does a pc take to be up and running? Two seconds and you are ready to go? Nope.

my three cents. [/b]
my monitor is a 19" which is great
<
find for fps rpgs and such. I play alot of sports games on there as well.

I have 2 USB controllers, for my sports games and when i have mates come around i put it on my projector as well, YES MY PROJECTOR
<
i have a DD 5.1 system for my pc as well and a very good sound system.

doesn't take long for a pc to load up. mine is up most of the time and its not a big chunky box either, looks cooler than a ps2/xbox (i still love my purple xbox though)

takes long than 2 seconds for a ps2, i only had my ps2 for gt, and cricket 2002 (i think thats when i got it) and i hardly got to play them cause of work. If i really wanted to i could put my pc into the tv and play stacey jones, which i have done, and could buy more usb controllers if there was a point to. Doesn't matter how big your screen or anything is its the enjoyment you get out of it.

FPS on the projector with surround sound you CAN'T beat. imagine the scaryness of Doom 3 in the middle of the night with sound turned up lound and your flatmate comes up behind you scares the c"*p out of you. you can't beat that, scary
<
and wicked

just cause you have a projector doesn't mean you can't put your pc through there, its easy as and looks much better than a xbox going through there.

The only problem i have at my house is the amount of cables everywhere. and i mean everywhere. my pc is not just used for games but for graphics/video/dvd/video editing/cd mixing/games/television/sky its just crazy how many cables are coming out of my computer. its a home made media center.

its great!!!!!

That's a good point woosah.

The PC doesn't have to be just on a computer screen.

PC's are far superior to consoles in many ways.

Except price, which is the clincher for me.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 18 2005, 04:11 PM
That's a good point woosah.

The PC doesn't have to be just on a computer screen.

PC's are far superior to consoles in many ways.

Except price, which is the clincher for me.
YES EXACTLY - BUT hang on..... the point WAS the price.

I was saying compare apples with apples...now you say lets compare apples with a bunch of f***ing coconuts...
<
<
<

I mean Hey Zeus!!!!

friggin mary of joseph!!

pc with good cards etc = $2000 (at least man)

console plus entire massive screen set-up (also used for tv, sport and movies - end of discussion at this point frankly but I'll go further) with every accessory you need (my controllers all have extension cables too for relaxation hehe

But now you say add that set-up to the $2000 set-up....oh well okay....(and like f*** I wouldn't know that - I play my pc games and all my emule games on the projector TOO via a vga coonector.....so, um, how do you like them apples?)..

So I'll do the comparison you are doing - you say pc to big screen right?

Well then you'll need to go to a high-high def projector (1280-10 whatever) and they are like 3-4,000 dollars new, to mimick the resolution you are saying you'll get instead.

So you are saying for 6-7,000 dollars you can play pc on a projector and it will be better than mine? Fine - you are all f***ing nuts officially:

the following for 7,000 dollars.....

- projector (cheap dlp - recommend infocus x1)
- projector screen
- all furniture, lighting
- controls, cables, extensions
- 4 high class leather lazy boys
- bean bags
- lava lamps
- a trip to fiji for two for three weeks
- and a motorbike or just a a couple of grand left over for what ever you feel like.

Yeah no you guys are definitely right. PC with projector in high definition is a much better way to waste <<cough>>, I mean spend your money.

<

To each their own.

But wait Ripper, just saw up thee, are you seriously saying that Timesplitters FP (great console FPS) and Killzone (overrated) are better than Half-Life 2 Doom 3, Far Cry, Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc. etc.?

Half Life 2 wasnt that good, Battlefield 1942 was preety good, but the lack of single player mode and a boring multiplayer unless you had heaps of people or stacked the teams with those crappily programed Bots.

Doom 3 and Call of Duty are on Consoles anyway.

Latest posts