• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 (full version) review

Sneaky Kaftka, Sneaky, playing Hide and Seek like that.

Anyways...

Im awesome

Back on topic - The Problem with PC FPS Imo is the fact there so s...l...o...w and serious, they seem to suck the fun out of everything, plus you got all those hardcore geeky dickheads who think there hard because they have their own little Club (under a guise of a Clan) who think that by putting down the casual gamers will earn them respect.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 18 2005, 04:14 PM
Sneaky Kaftka, Sneaky, playing Hide and Seek like that.

Anyways...

Im awesome

Back on topic - The Problem with PC FPS Imo is the fact there so s...l...o...w and serious, they seem to suck the fun out of everything, plus you got all those hardcore geeky dickheads who think there hard because they have their own little Club (under a guise of a Clan) who think that by putting down the casual gamers will earn them respect.
<

Slow? Compared to what? Killzone?

And Ripper, back on topic? This is about Cricket 2005.....But thankfully it's gone to ****.

And, to something you said in the other PC/console topic, how can console FPS be better than PC FPS?

For one, the graphics are far superior on PC than console. Theres no denying that. And graphics are very important in FPS's. Also, the gameplay is far far superior. Analog sticks and buttons cramped ina handheld device can not compare with a mouse and WSAD layout. Maximum comfort. Also, if you don't like that you can customise it, rather than choosing from a list of set layouts (most of the time). There is no way in hell that console FPS's are better than PC FPS's imo.

Oh, and the voice of reason reminds everybody that talks of hiring out games and putting them on your hdd is illegal, and this forum can get in trouble for it.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 18 2005, 04:29 PM
Oh, and the voice of reason reminds everybody that talks of hiring out games and putting them on your hdd is illegal, and this forum can get in trouble for it.

And of course it was chiro, I'd never do anything illegal.

And Ripper you dick, how dare you get a sloganizer
<

EDIT, Eric is your last name really Smith?
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 18 2005, 05:02 PM
<
Ironically as I type this it says "Ripper the Original..."

No doubt Eric used his connections at the Mob Owned Dick Smith store he works at... No doubt the same group are who are funding his Billboard campaign which I mentiond above.

looks like the pc v console debate has hijacked the thread. You could proabbly get 3 decent pcs and extra bits for 7 grand.

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 18 2005, 11:31 PM
looks like the pc v console debate has hijacked the thread. You could proabbly get 3 decent pcs and extra bits for 7 grand.
oh esoj! read it again....the $7 grand is the projector required for high resolution PLUS the pc upgraded....OK?

well guys when I goto Halifax I'll take a drive to Lunenburg and knock on HB's door and tell them personally their games all suck
<
how does that sound
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 18 2005, 05:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jul 18 2005, 05:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jul 18 2005, 05:02 PM

<
Ironically as I type this it says "Ripper the Original..."

No doubt Eric used his connections at the Mob Owned Dick Smith store he works at... No doubt the same group are who are funding his Billboard campaign which I mentiond above. [/b]
What parts of this did JJ edit? It still appears the same to my short term memory, but underneath it says he edited it...

Well

I rented this EA 2005 last night

I wont waste my time talking about it...enuff has been said

its ****, its worse than any other versions...........its near unplayable

absolutely no fun at all, takes 45mins to get a 10 over match compeleted, audio is shot

looks good but thats it

its like a hot sexy lesbian

looks good , but u cant play it

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 21 2005, 10:55 AM
Well

I rented this EA 2005 last night

I wont waste my time talking about it...enuff has been said

its ****, its worse than any other versions...........its near unplayable

absolutely no fun at all, takes 45mins to get a 10 over match compeleted, audio is shot

looks good but thats it

its like a hot sexy lesbian

looks good , but u cant play it
you said it bro....you can;t talk about how bad it is..I begun and wrote about 400 words but only covered about 10-20% of the bugs, faults and shortcomings
<

oh man, I seriously think it is so bad that we should all sue them...!! haha!! why not really? Something about how it bears no resemblance to cricket or something...consumer guarantees or bill of rights or something....I'll go in to bat and reperesent all the poor fools who actually bought this shiny turd.

Anyway, some blics reviews don't exactly smoke, but here's how I read the reviews (not with clouded optomism but cynicism as a careful consumer who has pre-ordered Blics).... =

One was 60% (PC) and said that "EA would probably be the game to get!!" lol!! I assume he means 2002!
<
...anyways....The review began with mention of cricket being immensely boring and stupid as a sport.....so that WAS THAT.....

next review:

xbox review of BLICs - 80%.....rated the game, although highlighted bugs, one or two, admitting that that was really it.

PS2 review that was 70 or 72 or something (sorry, all from memory lol!!) and it mentioned the two or three things I really needed to hear:

(ironically, one was a nitpick.con.......the difficulry)

- very hard to take a wicket against the AI.....reviewer at one point went two 20/20 games without taking ONE wicket....
<
<
....I look at this as a semi-positive if not a full-blown one frankly...as double hatricks with vettori get tried pretty quick when realism goes flying out the window and the challenge is non-existent ya know!?

- The game's lifespan was marked on the scale at the far end with a comment like "limitless" or similar term!! The dude was saying that its lifespan was almost incalculable...with the tours and tests and comps etc and 4 player multiplayer etc.....you choose effectively how long you play it for.

- Multi-player is apparently a lot of fun, very exciting and very different depending on your immeidate form and eye co-ordination etc......yay!!!
<

- The guy was like "I liked it a lot and I imagine if you are a cricket enthusiast then this is the only game to get this summer"......Phew!!

Reasonably good reviews from people who like games of sports that I love...is all I ask at this stage.

<

lol looks good must be new batting style. and is that not so subtle advertsing in the background for another stuff rugby 2005 in the background. that review was awesome nzl fan. There lots of fanboys on planetcricket forums that think cricket 2005 is aboustely awesome in comparisson to blic

Latest posts