• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 (full version) review

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 21 2005, 09:30 PM
lol looks good must be new batting style. and is that not so subtle advertsing in the background for another stuff rugby 2005 in the background. that review was awesome nzl fan. There lots of fanboys on planetcricket forums that think cricket 2005 is aboustely awesome in comparisson to blic
yeah look out for the plebs giving EA a good wrap

to put it simply and compare both games in a few words, i found this post from planetcricket.............and I 100% agree

For Me its Brian Lara, Because The EA Cricket games always seems to capture the "boring" side of cricket, while BLIC seems to capture the "excitement" of cricket. And a video game is supposed to bring you entertainment, and BLIC is definetly that. EA Cricket 2005 is a snooze.

and after reading review of BLIC for ps2, from Official PSM UK....I totally disagree with the wicket taking ability

its like pro-evo.............no game is the same

On the demo i have had the AI at 1/50 of 5 overs
and the next match i had them 3/6 of 4 overs

it depends on ur bowling, line and length, and ball movement

yeah i agree about the demo, and the wicket taking. i didn't think it was 2 hard.

i ended up just setting traps, putting fielders in the deep and just bowling where i thought the computer would hit them, and he does like most of the time.

also been doing the same in cricket 2005, i am just playin it until blc comes out, or maybe even ICC cricket 2005 ashes tour edition if i can get that.

But latley in the Demo of BLC i have just been playin 50 overs of batting, tryin to c how much runs i can get.

most i have got is all out for 423 in about 40 overs.

most other times b4 i go all out i run about 13-15 runs an over, and you have to think this is on village, or whatever, the easiest level anyway
<

yeah i suggested that on the codemaster forums and one of the mods said that county is actually meduim level. I like what I have heard from people about blic it seems to be the one to get and proabbly most likely one to get patched as well.

Aparantly that rugby 2005 advert isn't the only Rugby file in the game. Yes, we all know the player models are the same as most of the rugby players, but inside the gob file there are rugby 2005 comentary and graphics files!

yeah I have heard about that as well that some file are from rugby 2005 but they may or may not be used in cricket 2005.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 22 2005, 03:53 PM
Aparantly that rugby 2005 advert isn't the only Rugby file in the game. Yes, we all know the player models are the same as most of the rugby players, but inside the gob file there are rugby 2005 comentary and graphics files!
that is an abject disgrace.....but from EA, what do we expect?

<

It would be funnier if it wasn't so sad.

I don't see how anybody can complete a tour or anything. On Xbox there is no save option in the middle of a game. I started a tour of England or somthing and went to save, couldn't find the option anyware! How can you expect the game to have longativity if you can't even save.

Any other publisher would have their code booted out by Microsoft if they submitted code without such an obviously important feature, but once again, one rule for EA, one rule for all the other publishers out there. Where's the monopolies commision when you neeed them. They are going to kill this industry or at least their competitors.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Jul 24 2005, 12:01 AM
Any other publisher would have their code booted out by Microsoft if they submitted code without such an obviously important feature, but once again, one rule for EA, one rule for all the other publishers out there. Where's the monopolies commision when you neeed them. They are going to kill this industry or at least their competitors.
I've got it......

FOR XBOX CRICKET 2005 owners......

The game package would claim tours and world cups etc...and being able to play.......Right? It would also let you choose the overs etc...so you can play full games etc...right?

Sooooooooooooooooo....

The xbox guides also state that you shouldn't leave your xbox on for a certain amount of time.....probably something like have breks after such and such.....or don't run over six hours or something similar....right?

WELL THERE WE GO.....you CAN'T do both....

so ea cricket 2005 (on the xbox at least) doesn't deliver what it promises.

Return the piece of **** and use money as pre-order on blics from overseas (to diffuse their cynical marketing ploys) or pre-order the league with a free controller.

I have pre-ordered the league (although obviously did not buy the turd that is ea cricket) and will be getting free controller etc...you done the same AK?
<
get in there!!!

also, cricket 2005 is NOT hard...where are the gamers who spot faults ande xplore weaknesses???? In our 2ND GAME - me and my bro clocked 267 in the second innings of our four day game against australia on medium with england (ashes tour for a laugh....so we thought (lol!)).....the game is both terrible hard OR, if you choose, pathetically easy.

what a joke!

PS - if having trouble with the game...

*******SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****************

then just go hard/straight legside with power on anything not far too short or pitched up. >) hit ten sixes with flintoff!!!!!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 21 2005, 05:32 PM
Screenshot from the last review:

ss_preview_1.jpg

??
Ha ha that has to be the funniest "official" screenshot ever released...........

.....batsmans so good that he even hits it with the back of the bat to make it harder for himself
<

Not sure if you being sarcastic there or not, but thats actually the other batsman's bat down the other end. Still they can't make them hold the bat properly yet

Looks like the batsman is about to launch into one of those impossible "backfoot lofted off drives" that always go for six (when the computer is batting) in cricket 2005..........

Well it's pretty crap but if anyone is playing it you may be interested in the C2k5 Bat Pack:

c2k5batpack.jpg

Download it here

Originally posted by kingwilko@Aug 3 2005, 11:12 AM
Well it's pretty crap but if anyone is playing it you may be interested in the C2k5 Bat Pack:

c2k5batpack.jpg

Download it here
well they needed it

Brian doesnt
<

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 3 2005, 01:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 3 2005, 01:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kingwilko
@Aug 3 2005, 11:12 AM

c2k5batpack.jpg

Download it here
well they needed it

Brian doesnt
<
[/b]
wrong thread...but what bat did you go with in blic? being an aussie did you go Kookaburra?

<

I snubbed GM and went with the Gray Nichols Millenium or something similar. I want more than one! lol..I am greedy.
<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 3 2005, 02:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 3 2005, 02:01 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 3 2005, 01:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kingwilko
@Aug 3 2005, 11:12 AM

c2k5batpack.jpg

Download it here

well they needed it

Brian doesnt
<
wrong thread...but what bat did you go with in blic? being an aussie did you go Kookaburra?

<

I snubbed GM and went with the Gray Nichols Millenium or something similar. I want more than one! lol..I am greedy.
<
[/b]
nah mate

i went slazenger

i own the V1200 pro bat and V800 pads anyhow in real life

it actually looks like me, although i play better shots in BLIC
<

yeah when i complete more of the game and fiure out whom they have missed of the classic players then i'll create them

i have my eyes set on steve waugh

i cannot see him to be unlocked anywhere

and that GM Meistro will go well with Iceman from back in his hay days

i do not understand why i cant pick MRF in the bats - its a LARA game afterall - perhaps we unlock this feature?

Originally posted by ak47
i do not understand why i cant pick MRF in the bats - its a LARA game afterall - perhaps we unlock this feature?

That's something that's very easy to fix. We can import the MRF over one of the lesser used bats.

Latest posts