• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ea Sports Rugby 2010 :^( !

S

Scrumit2

This is a email I recieved after signing an online petition to get Rugby 2010 produced. Please please respect our modders because without them there may not be any new rugby to play in the future.

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:22:24 +0100
Subject: Rugby video game update

Hi all,

thanks for all the signatures.
http://www.petition.fm/

I got some inside info on the state of the EA rugby games.

The reality is they found the game rather complex to produce. This effected the quality of the gameplay and EA themselves weren't happy with it.
Financially they didn't make their money back on the game so future projects got postponed.
As suspected this was due to the amount of video gaming rugby fans.

They are looking into producing one for the world cup 2011 although this is not definite.
The good news is that the head of EA is a rugby fan and is determined that a rugby game should be made.
If a game is produced it will definitely be online.

Hope to meet all of you online someday for a game of rugby.

All the best

James

Whats that say to all the pirating dickwads out there who killed the Xbox '06 version even more than the heavily pirated PS2 and when '08 came out XBox was over so it was "let's do a double good job on the PS2 version also".

My long-held, often posted suspicions are confirmed if this is true. The irony is the PS3 can't be pirated yet, so they'd actually make a little this time. The 360 can and is though, so that's part of the problem.

The endless "this isn't realistic enough" complaints can't have helped them feel they'd developed well either. Hope there's heaps of satisfied complainers out there. Now you can see how "realistic" imaginary rugby video gaming is.

Hell, even if they went bare bones and resold the old 06 game as 10 with updated teams and added online I'd buy it.

Online is where it's at. Besides, there would be an increase in rugby video gaming because i could play anyone on trf and they'd invite their friends, and their friends.

The market is there it's just not in the league of soccer, nba and nfl.. so it doesn't get produced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Aug 19 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hell, even if they went bare bones and resold the old 06 game as 10 with updated teams and added online I'd buy it.[/b]
Same here, to be honest,
I'm quite happy enough playing on 06/08, with updated rosters/kits, atm
I'd love a new one, just for online, it'd make the game last longer, as with the singleplayer when you get to a certain point it's too easy to win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Aug 23 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Aug 19 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell, even if they went bare bones and resold the old 06 game as 10 with updated teams and added online I'd buy it.[/b]
Same here, to be honest,
I'm quite happy enough playing on 06/08, with updated rosters/kits, atm
I'd love a new one, just for online, it'd make the game last longer, as with the singleplayer when you get to a certain point it's too easy to win
[/b][/quote]

Bloody oath id be happy to, just update boots and faces and what theyve said above..and we're good to go

I know its a bit of a long shot but do you reccon that if you asked if the modders from TRF could help with updates that itd be possible... just an idea.
Other than that i cant wait for the next game. :p

What we need is someone from TRF to break into the studio, kidnap the lead programmer and reveal the source code. I am seriously tempted to make Sensible World Of Rugby!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 19 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What we need is someone from TRF to break into the studio, kidnap the lead programmer and reveal the source code. I am seriously tempted to make Sensible World Of Rugby![/b]

Source code will be enough ;) I`m not the most bad programmer. Periodically I think itself to develop something similar. But there is not enough time and skills in drawing graphics it is not strong :(

There are some game engines which could be adapted under a sports simulator, it is certainly difficult, but is solved.

To put it briefly, if at it to dare, it is possible to make. But it is necessary to dare:)

Latest posts