• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Supa Rugby

I would like a create a team feature so you can create the colors, kit, stadium and everything. Maybe your team starts at a club level and you can graduate through levels to eventually play in the WL. Your best players could get selected for their national teams so you could play the International tourneys too. I would include sevens too.

If you want to do contracts, then you could have sponsors based on performance etc... Maybe you start in a small stadium and you can add on or build a better one as your ticket sales increase.

Bottom line is I would like something more like Madden or NCAA football. Players could get in trouble off the field like in NCAA also and your teams discipline would have to be maintained.

Originally posted by USArugger@Apr 9 2005, 09:32 AM
I would like a create a team feature so you can create the colors, kit, stadium and everything. Maybe your team starts at a club level and you can graduate through levels to eventually play in the WL. Your best players could get selected for their national teams so you could play the International tourneys too. I would include sevens too.

If you want to do contracts, then you could have sponsors based on performance etc... Maybe you start in a small stadium and you can add on or build a better one as your ticket sales increase.

Bottom line is I would like something more like Madden or NCAA football. Players could get in trouble off the field like in NCAA also and your teams discipline would have to be maintained.
U seemed to have interpreted my idea quite well. Thanks for makng it more clear.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 9 2005, 09:28 AM
Just a solid franchise mode, like most other sports ***les, anthing extra and the devs will have to start cutting corners to get the game out on time, we dont need anymore rushed, and underdone rugby games. In a perfect world id like to see a sevens mode.
Well as much as i would hate to this could come with 6 months extra, thus a 2007 edition. I wouldn't be too plzd but if it had something like this it may be worth the wait.

gameplay first is wat they shud focus..im getting irritated at the mo..its so repetitve

thers not much to do on field....on attack..its pass to the wings and hit that giant gap or grubber kick.....there is rarely a brakmidfield and too many players not in the rucks which doesnt open da game up...on defense thise hits are just so boring now and the passes are too slow and there SHUD BE OFFLOADS...

gameplay first...special features later...unless they get online gaming and we make our own world league amongst the rugby forum...that wud be SWEET!!!
the a.i is so repetive...everytime they get da ball in my 20 its dropkick...so b.s

peace out!!!1
<

I agree gameplay is where the emphasis should be placed. Everything else is just periphery and inherently useless if the gameplay isn't up to snuff. I do think that a 7's format in the game would be a great idea.

Get the game play down.

The idea for a coach career mode, much like in Fifa 2005 (designed by the same lads), would be difficult insomuch as there are not the breadth of leagues, or dispairity between them for a career mode to present a lot of choices/options.

A player career where you have to progress and get selected for a super 12 or big Euro side and eventually your national side would be an idea that could be pursued.

Just don't forget the gameplay. A good base has been established and there is much potential that needs to be cashed in on in future editions.

i know a really good idea!

if EA rugby franchise teamed up with the people who made Pro Rugby Manager to make a 2 cd game on console and pc.....like fifa did with fifa soccer manager........but instead of buying another game...its a whole 2 cd game

Not a bad idea, but i think it would have to incorporate my idea for me to be interested.

Just so i know. When i ave gathered enough ideas i am considering sending this to EA. How? E-mail? Plz tell me?

<

Oh hang on....

I'm with you now.

I'll choose Rogers and put away by boots, head to the pub, drink 80 pints of **** and smack some kids over! awesome...I'll go tekken style down mainstret Edinburgh kicking ass...

Then I will move to the next level and with Randle rape some chicks and do time sims style.....

Same for Warney on the cricket game.....I could text everyone and collect diet pills to go up a level....automatic disqualification for texting his wife.

<
<

nah...some good stuff there - but overcomplication means certain disaster with these guys.

Everything must be tweaked, improved and righted in temrs of gameplay and extra face-mapping......the details can come last.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 9 2005, 06:06 AM
Just so i know. When i ave gathered enough ideas i am considering sending this to EA. How? E-mail? Plz tell me?
Considering that most of the people who read your idea seem to either not understand it or think it over-complicates the issue, anyone at EA who might happen to read it will simply laugh a lot before throwing it in the nearest bin.

Yes, Jacko, before you send anything, post it here first and we can all proof it. This way something can be sent that represents the majority, not like theyll ever read it, but just on the off chance make it count.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 9 2005, 10:36 PM
Yes, Jacko, before you send anything, post it here first and we can all proof it. This way something can be sent that represents the majority, not like theyll ever read it, but just on the off chance make it count.
I'm not posting anything till i get some more ideas, so plz?

Whats the point of controlling just one player? How could you incorparate it? I mean you control the whole team dont you

U control this players career and what ever team he is in. U have contract negotiations with other teams around the world with this player but also u select the team he's in. Maybe u've got a better idea for this mode? I still think it would be good to have this player being controlled. Achivments displayed in the tourny menu etc.

I think we have to forget about individual carrer mode, weve got to be realistic. EA is not going to try something thats hasnt really been done yet, theyll stick to what they know. A francise mode is what they will do, so we need to think of ways to make that cool. Rugby is a team sport, people will want in deapth control over all the players, not just one.

gameplay gameplay gameplay... that should be the emphasis. They have Pro Rugby Manager to do all the management aspects of the sport.

Make the necessary gameplay improvements... that's what feeds the bulldog.

For those that r interested i've just read an interview with andrew Wilson and he said they do listen to feedback and use it 'cept they get a lot of negative feedback which they can't use - like the graphics r crap. Give 'em positive feedback and they'll use it.

Latest posts