• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddie Jones on the ELVs so far.

Aw come on man, he's giving you props! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...or does this run against the "everyone vs the All Blacks" myth..? I personally think that he's pretty impressed with how well New Zealand have progressed since the world cup.

Nothing to do with Everyone vs NZ, more to do with Eddie Jones being a nitwit, being English thought you would've known seeing you experienced it first hand, considering the amount of times Woodward suckered him into throwing a tantrum in the media. That and getting outcoached by Andy Robinson - sure signs of someone you shouldn't give much weighting to when it comes to Rugby.

I'm not quite sure how that fits in to Jones saying that New Zealand are adapting well to the ELVs though. Personally, I would have said "hallelujah! Jones has finally seen the light! About time he's recognised how good we are" and so on...

EDIT: And don't forget that he may have been out coached by Andy Robinson but his Australia did outplay the All Blacks in 2003 and pushed England all the way to extra time in the final so he deserves some props. By the same token, Jake White's South Africa was abysmal at times between 2003 and 2007 but he managed to drag them to winning a world cup...

Latest posts