• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edit Mode

byrne15

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
With all the talk of classic teams, create a player and whether HB should concentrate on Gameplay or Licensing, it have given me the idea that maybe, instead of spending time getting licenses for all club international and classic teams maybe just create a PES style Edit mode with spaces for created teams and players as well as the ability to edit existing ones.

I don't know how long this would take but maybe it would give HB more time to concentrate on the gameplay?

Licenses or not you'd expect an edit mode anyway in any modern sports ***le. Especially when you consider HB approached TRF because of the modding community constantly editing and updating their kits, stadia, licences and (most importantly) player stats & rosters.

I would be fully behind this idea, especially with the game due to be released during the european off season, its more than likely there will be player movements/kit changes etc...between the game being release and the start of the next season.

The PES style editor is great as you can choose different designs and colours, plus it allows pic's to be uploaded that can be encoroporated onto the edited kits. With enough kit style variations it could be made fairly easy to replicate a new kit.

I aslo agree about squad sizes in club teams, maybe increase to 35?? Obviously International competitions such as the World Cup may be limited to 30.

Totally agree here, if licenses can not be got, some form of unlimited create/edit option should be added. Of course the guys in HB will be focusing on game play such as rucks, tackles and line outs, well that's what I'm picking up of the other threads, so if licenses do fall to the way side then throw in an edit mode with an unlimited create league and player mode,

Saying that I met a young gentle man at a barbecue last week who was studying game design and he told me that putting faces and kits on players was the easy part, and tell u what that didn't sound easy. But an edit mode would keep many people quiet and locked up for a while.

Rugby Challenge game by Sidhe has practically everything you ask for.

Oh I know son. I must have written that well before last Xmas. Prob before I knew of RC.

this is a must, or game is dead fast,space for 100 teams,and a good comp edit mode.

Latest posts