• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

editing posts

I had the same issue for a couple of days last week as well then things returned to normal

yes, with closer inspection it's posts in the World Cup section that it isn't letting me edit still

hopefully this can be fixed

has anyone got any closer to fixing the inability to edit the Rugby World Cup section yet

I want to edit a post I made

Yeh, I couldn't edit my post yesterday. It opens the box up to edit, but when you click 'save changes' it does nothing. This was also in the Rugby World Cup Section, so there must be something up with that section of the forum.

Wasnt there always a rule that you had to edit before another post was made? If another person got in after you, tough shite.

The answer when I asked Getofmeland was ... become a TRF Season Ticket Holder.

This problem is still occurring for me. A little more info:

- Basically, as I said before, the editor comes up at the bottom of the page, but clicking the 'save changes' button doesn't do anything.
- I'm not sure if it's only limited to the RWC section or not, I'll try editing this post once I've made it to test.
- If I leave the thread I posted in and come back later, or if I refresh the page, then the editing works. I'll test if I can edit it twice, or if the page needs refreshing between each edit.

That's about it really. It's a minour, but pretty annoying fault.

Edit. No, I get the same fault in this sub forum aswell, so it's not just limited to the RWC section.

Further edit. multiple editing doesn't require another refresh.

Seems this is still a problem. A couple of days ago i made a post regarding player ratings from the Ireland-Scotland match and i wasn't able to delete or edit the post made. Today i also noticed someone else having the same problem with editing. Is there any solution?

EDIT (YAY): Must just be an error related to different sub-forums but still annoying.

Edit option on my own posts has disappeared for me today.

I'll have a look into it,
Some of the permissions have changed around recently, not sure why - had some people unable to send PMs etc
Possibly a software update reset group permissions

Edit:
@The_Blindside should be there now

Cheers Oly. The edit function is back on new posts posted, but not old ones ie the one I posted on the political thread, which I just wanted to edit. No big deal if it can't be done on old posts.

I'll have another look in a minute but afaik I ticked all the edit permissions