Elton Jantjies loses his father

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
http://www.sarugby.com/news.cfm?newsid=21980

Western Province has sent its condolences to the Jantjies family, after the sad news of the sudden passing of fly-half Elton Jantjies's father, Thomas, at the weekend.Elton, 22, joined the Stormers at the start of the year but has returned home to be with his family during this sad time."Family comes first, so we immediately got Elton onto a flight back home," said Stormers coach Allister Coetzee."Elton can take as long as he needs to process this and work through his grief. He has the full support of all of us at Western Province and Stormers rugby."Thomas Jantjies was 46 years old and he died after complications following a bee sting on Saturday.

All the best in dealing with this tragedy, Elton.

This is the last thing on Elton's mind right now and rightly so but as a fan of his (and of course the Stormers) I can't help wondering; does this put paid to his stint with the Stormers? I hope not.

Last edited:
Allistair released him and told him take all the time he needs

Allistair released him and told him take all the time he needs

Yeah, I read that. It could be quite a while. Can take a whole year to make peace with such an untimely loss if not more. On the other hand he could be back after grieving and maybe use the memory of his father as motivation? It all depends on the individual's mindset and his support/circumstances. I suppose it's not even worth speculating.

Man, so sad to hear and so young. That's gotta be tough on Elton Jantjies, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play until the international window comes...

Reminds me of when Guildford lost his father just after he and his team won the U20 World Champs...

Anyone know anything else about the bee sting?

Latest posts