• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England In Pakistan

I'll say otherwise because he is not at all the best player. Shane Warne by a mile that guy is a ledgend.

Warne has had a fantastic year, but Flintoff has been better. I acknowledge that Warne single handedly kept the Aussies in the Ashes all summer.

<
anyone that even compares flintoff to warne or mcgrath is a f-ing moron or english which is the same thing.

Thats why Mcgrath is cleaning up the W.I batting lineup at the moment and dominated the world team.

OH and look what he did to England in the first test before he got injured, and i guess its just a coinsidence that the 2 games England won in the Ashes Mcgrath wasnt playing.

Mcgrath=best pace bowler of all time fll stop
<

I agree.

However, tearing up the West Indies is different from tearing up England.

Id say Flintoff is currently on a par with McGrath bowling wise, but then when you factor in batting there is no comparison so Flintoff > McGrath at this moment.

Also Brett Lee is extremely overated, very expensive but bowls the odd unplayable ball now and again thats it. His batting is ok but hes never going to score test hundreds either

All u english guys base your ratings on the ashes were Australia played the worst cricket this team has ever played and u only just beat us. you guys have to remember that the ashes were played in the australian off-season, if u guys had played us 3 months earlier at the end of the australian season when we absolutly slaughtered NZ it wouldnt have been a contest.

if u saw the aussies at there best (which u will in the next ashes) u might respect there players a bit more.just like if u rate the wallabies after there worst injury run in history on the depleted team on this NH tour u have no clue

there's probably 4 maybe 5 current aussie players that would be in the all time world XI(warne,mcgrath,gilchrist,ponting and maybe hayden) were not 1 english player not just in the current team but in the history of english cricket would make the all time team. the only player that would come close is Botham, but the best all-rounder of all time is sir Garfield Sobers.

P.S the england batting lineup IMO aint much better than the W.I team(lara,gayle,chanderpaul,sarwan and bravo are good batsmen). any team with ian bell batting at 4 aint that good.

Hmmm... I can smell an Aussie a mile off.

Here, chew on this for a wee while
bone.jpg

Now, for starters, the Aussie off-season is no excuse... But I'm not going to talk about that as I saw f*** all of the Ashes series....

The rugby team bit, about how they were screwed because of injury, yeah....Give me a break. Everyone knows that the Wallabies are **** because Eddie Jones and George Gregan are whiny ***** who are too stupid to realise that they are has-beens... As are the ARU.
Somebody shoot them. Please?

Yours Sincerely,

Lance Uppercut.

when the Wallabies had somthin like 30 odd injuries the most in the team if not every teams history i dont think it has much to do with eddie or george.

but i do think its time to give whitaker and henjak a shot at half

at least some good has come out of the injury problem, a bunch of young guys have got a chance that they would never had if not for this and it means the Wallabies should peek just in time for the world cup as usual.I would be worried if I was an AB supporter that they were peeking to early again.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Nov 25 2005, 06:34 PM
All u english guys base your ratings on the ashes were Australia played the worst cricket this team has ever played and u only just beat us. you guys have to remember that the ashes were played in the australian off-season, if u guys had played us 3 months earlier at the end of the australian season when we absolutly slaughtered NZ it wouldnt have been a contest.

if u saw the aussies at there best (which u will in the next ashes) u might respect there players a bit more.just like if u rate the wallabies after there worst injury run in history on the depleted team on this NH tour u have no clue

there's probably 4 maybe 5 current aussie players that would be in the all time world XI(warne,mcgrath,gilchrist,ponting and maybe hayden) were not 1 english player not just in the current team but in the history of english cricket would make the all time team. the only player that would come close is Botham, but the best all-rounder of all time is sir Garfield Sobers.

P.S the england batting lineup IMO aint much better than the W.I team(lara,gayle,chanderpaul,sarwan and bravo are good batsmen). any team with ian bell batting at 4 aint that good.
Excuses excuses.

We absolutely whopped you in the final 4 tests. We won, and you comprehensively lost, it's that simple.

Yeah u whooped us in the second test when u won by 2 runs after Kasprowicz was given out after the ball hit him on the glove when his hand wasnt on the bat(watch the replay it was big news in oz but i never heard a peep from any1 in pommyland)which in the laws of cricket is not out, and the last test when standard sh*t wheather ruined the game.

I dont care that u guys won the ashes its good for cricket it gives u a false sence of greatness but it ****** me off that some not many poms think there better than ausralia.

why dont u guys spend a bit of money that u made on building a cricket ground that is better than the 3rd world crap u have at the moment. not a ground that seats over 30,000 and not 1 ground with a roof or lights
<
.every ground in OZ has lights and seat between 30,000 and 110,000 ppl

end of rant.
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Yeah u whooped us in the second test when u won by 2 runs after Kasprowicz was given out after the ball hit him on the glove when his hand wasnt on the bat[/b]

yeah well if you remember rightly kasparowicz could have been given out LBW (it was plum according to hawkeye) when he first came in and was also dropped at third man before that decision so you were lucky to get within 2 runs.

and the last test when standard sh*t wheather ruined the game.[/b]

No your openers cost you that game, when they needed to bat as long as possible in the first innings to try and force a win, so what did they do? they took the light and left the field at the first chance! DOh!

why dont u guys spend a bit of money that u made on building a cricket ground that is better than the 3rd world crap u have at the moment. not a ground that seats over 30,000 and not 1 ground with a roof or lights  .every ground in OZ has lights and seat between 30,000 and 110,000 ppl[/b]

hobart doesnt hold 30k. anyway your stadiums are multi purpose and used for aussie rules thats why. in the UK we concentrate on our football and rugby stadiums with around 60 stadiums that can hold between 30,000 and 90,000 (when wembleys built)

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Nov 25 2005, 07:34 AM
if u saw the aussies at there best (which u will in the next ashes) u might respect there players a bit more
English people do respect Australian cricket. Why do you think we were all so delighted when our boys slaughtered you this summer?

And Ponting for the All Time XI? What are you on?

Originally posted by Ashton@Nov 26 2005, 03:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
and the last test when standard sh*t wheather ruined the game.

No your openers cost you that game, when they needed to bat as long as possible in the first innings to try and force a win, so what did they do? they took the light and left the field at the first chance! DOh!
[/b][/quote]
<
<
<

Genius for a Forest fan.

homer.jpg

"D'OH!" indeed
<
<
<

they play nothin but cricket on the WACA,adelaide oval,hobart and the CG in MCG and SCG stand for cricket ground smeghead, every ground we play cricket on was built for cricket.

and you cant even talk about missed lbw's and bad decisions when we were robbed by the umps so many times during that series.

Saintsfan id rather have a lifetime of complete domination in almost every sport than hold the ashes for a year and a half before losing it forever.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Nov 26 2005, 08:08 AM
Saintsfan id rather have a lifetime of complete domination in almost every sport than hold the ashes for a year and a half before losing it forever.
Good for you. I'm really enjoying holding the Ashes at the moment though, it feels great.

It's strange, almost like you can't admit that you were beaten by a better side for once. I know Aussie cricket isn't used to losing, but you could take it a little more graciously.

I admit we were beaten by the better team in the series(we played sh*t) but one series doesnt change the fact that were still #1 easily

I know it seems like im really fired up about it but I aint I just havnt been on this forum since before the ashes so im trying to say all the things i was thinkin during the series
<

imagine if we beat you in football and then you watched the news showing the socceroos driven down the streets of Sydney in an open top bus surrounded by thousands of fans as the players screamed were #1 and every time you saw any aussie program they were sayin how the socceroos were the best team in the world.

wouldnt that make u a little sick???

Latest posts