• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England just want to be loved

Rugby managers, DORs and coaches are equally as bad as their soccer counterparts these days. He was deliberately attempting to stoke fires and hopefully put England off the game plan, exactly the same as Gatland, Mallett and AR also did.

Lièvremont is the same guy who publicly renounced several key players after the Italy game. He's has a flair for the dramatic and uses the media just like the rest seem to.

Thankfully in Johnsons tenure he's (so far) not tried any of these antics. At least when this winning streak comes to an end he's not landing the whole country with egg on their face.

I don't think so. Honestly, I don't see Lièvremont tempting to crush your pride. He hates talking to medias... not as Mourinho for example, who tries to win a game before playing it. I'm not trying to defend him and his stupid talk, but c'mon, Lièvremont has one quality : he is far from being a liar or a hypocrit. He just says what he thinks. It was not calculated, it is clearly not his way of doing. Even if England was poor he'd just say the same thing.

Livermont has no qualities. He may have a big pool of players to pick from but yet he still fields about 3 million different players every year and now he says he's going to make yet more changes to the team after Italy. I feel that someone may be on the way to the Job Centre within weeks.

Lièvremont is awesome.... loved the comments after the Italy game when he called his players cowards!
Thats what I remember rugby coaches being like; not afraid to say what they think.​

As far as the English go, we here in NZ don't hate them because they are a "bench mark" team.​

I think we end up hating them because of their cheerleader press. The England team string a couple of wins together and all of a sudden they're the best things that have ever laced up a pair of boots. Especially the likes of that unconscionable hole licker Stephen Jones (yes, I realise he is from Wales, but there has never been a more vocal English cheerleader)​

But in saying that, it adds to the match experience. If they weren't always hyped up as the be-all and end-all of rugby, I don't think we'd enjoy beating them so much​

Last edited:
@ GreenyBoii : Totally. Excepted for his only one quality : he's honest and tells what he thinks, not what people want to hear.

Last edited:
But in saying that, it adds to the match experience. If they weren't always hyped up as the be-all and end-all of rugby, I don't think we'd enjoy beating them so much​

Buts thats the press. They exaggerate and dramatize stories to sell papers. You enjoy beating us to prove our press wrong? It makes not sense! Its like when people read an article from the English press that is slightly arrogant and then assume we are all arrogant. Its hilarious how some teams can get psyched up for a game because of conflicts that happened hundreds of years ago in which everyone who took part is dead. Personally I think that excuses like "England are arrogant" is just a front for everyones universal hate for the English which has no real reasons other than those spanning back 100 years or so. Besides its Rugby, why should other factors come into play? I don't hate the Germans for the holocaust. Neither do I hate America for kicking British colonialists out. Because its in the past. Why does everyone else have such difficulty getting over things that happened so long ago?[/QUOTE]

Mate- I'm not saying I hate the English as a people. I don't think the English are arogant as a people in general either.

So I guess that yes, I like seeing England get beaten to shut their press up.

That and I don't like seeing the ABs lose. Ever.

Latest posts