• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England new jersey.....

They showed the New England kit on Soccer Am (TV Show) & they said that the shorts have got a shammy sewn in the sides. When the players get wet, they can dry they're hands in their side of their shorts. That's a cool feature in shorts. I think everyone will have this on their shorts, eventually.

first of all what's a shammy? Second of all what if that gets wet? I mean I know inside a pocket it's likely to stay dryer, but it's likely to get soaked on really wet days unless there's something special that protects them.

google is your mate:

cham·ois (shm)
n. pl. cham·ois (shmz)
  1. An extremely agile goat antelope (Rupicapra rupicapra) of mountainous regions of Europe, having upright horns with backward-hooked tips.
  2. A moderate to grayish yellow.
  3. also cham·my or sham·my (shm) pl. cham·mies
    • A soft leather made from the hide of this animal or other animals such as deer or sheep.
    • A piece of such leather, or a cotton fabric made to resemble it, used as a polishing cloth or in shirts.
[French, from Old French, from Late Latin camx.]

:p :D

edit: overlooked mite's post ;)

Well I think they look pretty cool, only decision to make is whether to buy both player's fit shirts or one loose fit and one tight fit, bearing in mind the world cup shirt is out soon.

I thought that the last two year's Scotland's jerseys were rubbish, but after seeing the new England's and France's ones, Scotland's doesn't look that bad.

What's wrong with designers?????? :wall:

I really miss the old 70s and 80s rugby jerseys. Their design was simple, nice and cool. :toss:

Scotland just have a dark blue Jersey with a Cross of St Andrew on the back. Easy, basic and looks good.

Otger, I think your negative impressions of the Scotland jersey are because the only times you've seen a Scotland player wear one is when Dan Parks is playing :D

The real kits (to be warn by the players) looks good but the one for sale look crap!!!

2581-eng-home-replica.jpg
p_new_kit_strettle_07.jpg

The real kits (to be warn by the players) looks good but the one for sale look crap!!!

2581-eng-home-replica.jpg
p_new_kit_strettle_07.jpg

[/b]

:huh:

Show me any marked differences between them...

Thats because we won't be hanging out in silvery, dark and mysterious rooms like our Pal David Strettle (unless me and Tim get cornered in the sodding Bok Bar again!)

Also, the fans version doesn't have the ultra useful built in shammy feature! :(

I must admit the shirt looks a lot better without the O2 logo on the front (IE the World cup replica), but the diagonal stripe still looks crap. I certainly havn't warmed to it yet.

p_3487.jpg

I thought that the last two year's Scotland's jerseys were rubbish, but after seeing the new England's and France's ones, Scotland's doesn't look that bad.

What's wrong with designers?????? :wall:

I really miss the old 70s and 80s rugby jerseys. Their design was simple, nice and cool. :toss: [/b]

i quite like the current scotland shirt.

TBH though, drop the gold trim and our football shirt would be much better! (ie, dark blue shirt with "ALBA" across the lower back.)

any pics of the new scotland shirt? (he asks hopefully!)

its pretty good but the red one sucks but we will probably hardly ever have to wear it.

any pics of the new scotland shirt? (he asks hopefully!)
[/b]

I saw it when i went to plce a teamwear order.

Its got the piping similar to the old nike football shirt.

(Try finding the Pre-WC 2006 Brazil shirt)

And has grip areas along the chest area for increased grip. :cheers:

Other than that, Blue,white, has a scotland flag on the back(i think)