• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England U20 v Wales U20

O

Olyy

Halftime:
England 6 - 8 Wales

Wales try came from the England 14 coming in off the wing to join a tackle unnecessarily, then the Wales wing just ran in the try
Wales flyhalf one got one out of three (maybe four) kicks,

I'd say the score is a good indicator of the game, Wales made some nice breaks to get upto the English line, but making mistakes elsewhere.
England a bit undisciplined at times (a pass sailing way over the head of a winger into touch, where the winger was open and couldve easily run in to get a try), but good in others
Englands forwards have impressed, demolished Wales in the scrum a couple of times, and held their own the rest, and done well in the lineout.
Gaskell basically hammer-threw someone into touch towards the end of the half, was quality to see :p

England have no right to still be in this. Only Gaskell and Homer look like they want it while Wales have made several silly mistakes and should have much more on the board by now.

2nd half just started.

As I say that, England prop (Marler) goes over under the posts.

When Marler got up to full speed there was no way anyone was going to stop him, he's massive (not fat, just generally big) compared to most others on the pitch

EDIT:

Cracking try for England there, crossfield kick to the hooker, who dived on it :D Two front rowers with tries now

Beautiful try for england, great passes aplenty on the build up:

27 - 14 now

Redcard for the England #8 - Stamped on someones head in the maul

Didn't see it happening/they haven't shown a replay, but the touch judge seemed pretty sure of it. Undefendable really, deserved red.

Makes the last 15minutes interesting though

EDIT: Soon as i say that, Marler in for his second try!

FT:
41 - 14

England a completely different side after halftime

Got two tries with only 14 men!

If this happens tomorrow, ill be a happy bunny :p

Let's hope for the opposite tommorow. The first half was the better game, both sides trying, while the second half was just a drumbing from England.

Interesting the effect perspective has... Apart from Wales' try, I though the 1st half was completely miserable.

Wales were the same in the 2nd, but England suddenly woke up.

Sweet second half. I tuned in at half time, and don't seem to have missed much :D
Loads of people to watch for the future in the England Squad, not least Gaskell, Marler, and whoever numbers 2 and 11 were

Gaskell seemed to be the only England player doing his job in the 1st half (Homer was trying, but every other back was a Simpson). He's really impressed me when I've seen him over recent weeks, him and Lawes in a few years time could be a very potent England 4/5 combo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 5 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Loads of people to watch for the future in the England Squad, not least Gaskell, Marler, and whoever numbers 2 and 11 were[/b]
Who are the other players to look out for in this England squad? I've heard lots of good things about Gaskell but haven't seen him play yet. The hooker (George?) seems like a good player. Homer hasn't impressed me for London Irish but I've only seen him play a couple of times. It's meant to be a seriously strong England team.

Anybody to keep an eye out for on the Wales team either? Was it Kristian Phillips who earned a 6 Nations call up for the senior squad?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 5 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gaskell seemed to be the only England player doing his job in the 1st half (Homer was trying, but every other back was a Simpson). He's really impressed me when I've seen him over recent weeks, him and Lawes in a few years time could be a very potent England 4/5 combo.[/b]

Mouthwatering prospect isn't it.