• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Tonga

Well in fairness he did see Farrel on his shoulder so it was understandable, at least they got the try out of it though.

and what a GOLD statement from Tongan centre, Epeli Taione.

"This is the biggest moment in our sporting history. We know that we have a lot of support and I know everyone will be cheering, including Scotland, Wales, every country ... maybe even Iraq," he said.

"Anywhere that doesn't like England will be wanting us to win."

[/b]

Add all the middle-eastern countries and you will have the most support.
[/b]

Epic f'ing lulz :D

Just woke up, heading over to my mums to watch the replay now. I'm disappointed Tonga didn't get through, but from the scoreling it looks like they put in a spirited performance nonetheless. On a random note, I also just found out Tonga is the most Mormon country in the world :S

i was praying for tonga to do this as im sure most neutrals were. they did alright and can leave the cup with there heads held firmly high

england will not trouble australia in the slightest

As much as peoeple slate Farrell, his try was simply sublime.
Very enjoyable.
England deserved winners and they pulled out a performance that was required of them to get through to the quarters.

Congratulations England.

sackey had a good game, hes strong and gives his forwards targets!! lewsey has become very lateral of late, and to be honest apart from where tonga were out on there feet england didnt really seem to have a huge amount of creativity which would trouble sides like australia. Dont get me wrong tonga have more than earnt everyones respect but tbf they were running on empty for the majority of the second half and the gaps were lethargically exploited. England wont find gaps like that next week, all they'll find is big f*** off stirling mortlock....and just ask alfie thomas what thts like.

well done England

convincing win in the end, although they probably won't last much longer - considering what we've already witnessed...

England vs Australia is not a rugby match, it is almost separate from the cup.

Form will matter little.

I love Paul Sackey. buzzing

I didnt have the chance of watching the game yet, but Im really happy Wilkinson is back and in great shape. England, 6N countries and rugby overall needed it, he is the best!

Paul sackey is shite.
Ths guy knows how to do one thing and one thing alone: finish.
And he's only just started doing that as of late for England.
Terrible defensive player, IMO.

well they need someone to finish its interesting that he didnt recieve a pass during the entire 1st half but still bagged two tries....not bad if you ask me

Paul sackey is shite.
Ths guy knows how to do one thing and one thing alone: finish.
And he's only just started doing that as of late for England.
Terrible defensive player, IMO.
[/b]

Nah.

He totally shut out Tuilangi in the Hcup final, when Tuilangi was in tip top form.

He scored tons of tries for Wasps and now made the 14 shirt his own basically.

4 tries in a World Cup, not bad for a "shite" player.

i thought england played well, and deserved the win. South auckland will be quiet tonight.

Sackey played well, but brilliant to see Jonny out there playing like him old self. Congrats England

Sackey played well, but brilliant to see Jonny out there playing like him old self. Congrats England [/b]

The ITV crowd hyped him after the Samoa match, but give Jonny a decent pack and he can play any team off the field, like he did against Scotland six months ago.

Gerry Adams would say: "He hasn't gone away, you know."

He's still a major threat, but the England pack needs to find the Leicester/Wasps balance.