• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Barbarians

man for man, the Baabaas are better in every position apart from ***o at lock, maybe fly half and right wing

Asides the guys in there to give some experience to those around them, the whole point of picking this team is to try out new talent , ie guys who might have a good future with england. So to be honest saying baa bas are better man for man doesnt really mean anything.

The whole point is us nbeing able to say, for example, that one day Trinder might become as good or hopefully better a player than Benoit Baby.

Also, JSD is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Sackey!

C. Hodgson, Simpson-Daniel and Brown all doing very well in front of the England selectors

Banahan with a view runs up field but now is getting flattened whenever he gets the ball

actually my main impression so far has been to remember how much of an idiot michalak is. that restart chip that went all of one metre to an english forward was pure genius

actually my main impression so far has been to remember how much of an idiot michalak is. that restart chip that went all of one metre to an english forward was pure genius

Michalak just redeemed himself. Read that pass brilliantly...

Dewi morris? talks so much shite...great decision to cut that ball out ..boom off left bicep...

Sky Sports jizzing themselves over Banahan showing replays of the first few minutes then not mentioning the next 35mins where he was found out and didn't break the line once

Baa-Baas strating to play a bit...Albeit not very well, but scoring tries nonetheless...

Is that Marler on the stretcher? I missed how it happened, was it from the scrum? Hope it isn't serious.

EDIT: Ooof big hit on Turner-Hall from Basta!

And time to see what Mason can do.

Last edited:
Holy ************ what a try from the Barbarians! Yeah i wasn't expecting much from him considering he's lethargic in the other code too.

Willie Mason :lol: - He's going to make a bloody terrible Union player, you can just tell

England good in the first half, poor in the second
Scrum was bad (even if BaaBaas were scrummaging illegally, it's up to England to either bring it to the refs attention or do something about it) - Lineout went alright, couple of steals - running the ball in the first half was good

JSD > Strettle/Banahan, even if he did miss the tackle on Visser for his crossfield kick try
Banahan > Willie Mason (and that's it) - He's alright for the first 5minutes before he gets found out and nullified
Marler went well, strong in the loose and held his own in the scrum - hopefully his injury is just a precaution and he can get some game time for the Saxons
Narraway played very well in the first half but didn't see him much in the second
Trinder looked good as well, hopefully he'll get game time during the Saxons too

Latest posts