• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] England vs. Australia 02/11/13

sorry England, I know it's tough to hear, but that was cheating. Period.

What's the point of supporting this silly game? England continually get away with CLEAR knock ons, playing offside, laying all over the ball, and illegal rucking. This happens every game the English play, it's ridiculous, the ref is always on their side and that Mike Brown incident just sums it up completely.

13-13 and England are getting away with murder. Australia will lose but rugby is the real loser here today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play Faz. Not sure I agree with that decision though... ok, in fact, I don't. Hartley did obstruct him. The guy didn't make the tackle as a result. So...

Don't think Oz will be very happy with the refs so far really!

What's the point of supporting this silly game? England continually get away with CLEAR knock ons, playing offside, laying all over the ball, and illegal rucking. This happens every game the English play, it's ridiculous, the ref is always on their side and that Mike Brown incident just sums it up completely.

13-13 and England are getting away with murder. Australia will lose but rugby is the real loser here today.

AND AS I POST THIS A CLEAR OBSTRUCTION GETS AWARDED AS A TRY. This is ****ing pathetic.

Such rustle
So jimmies
Wow

Not a try for my money either, but two professional referees said otherwise soooooooo..... :p

AND AS I POST THIS A CLEAR OBSTRUCTION GETS AWARDED AS A TRY. This is ****ing pathetic.

Yet Clancey is always pro the French teams when they are playing the English and Lynagh has just agreed with the ref and the video ref that there was obsruction but not enough to make any difference...............am afraid that your anti English is getting the better of you!!

Good stuff from Farrell. He deserved that. Mowen and Moore clearly missed him. Mike Brown has been class. Apart from that England's backplay has been unorganised and way too deep. Tomkins has done nothing and his defensive alignment isn't great imo. Youngs has been poo, but the English backrow have been brilliant, just flying into rucks. Lawes has had a great loose game.

Yet Clancey is always pro the French teams when they are playing the English and Lynagh has just agreed with the ref and the video ref that there was obsruction but not enough to make any difference...............am afraid that your anti English is getting the better of you!!

Without being French, honestly England have definitely been lucky this game referee-wise. Like, insultingly lucky. Just being objective...

Which Brit took a **** in your cornflakes buddy?Aussies offside all day too I'm afraid. Dudley Phillips missed the touch call. Bad call, but not the ref's fault. I can't see much wrong with their rucking. Backrow has been fearless. A few marginal knock ons but you have to remember that if the ball goes backwards then travels forward it's all G.
Just take it handy and stop throwing your poo like a poorly behaved monkey.

Last edited:
poor Aussies........poor Aussies.......this must be horrible for them.

Think the penny has dropped with me...........you know that you are likely to be rusty and need a warm up game so you plan the first game against a team that does not have a scrum, that has a few talented backs and then you let your team loose on them. Result is a ****e game but with a reasonable but not great oppostion your team gets to run off the rustiness and a win to set them on the way for the more serious games to come on the next tw Saturdays!!

Well done the management for scripting it so well!!

Wallabies lost to themselves. They could win, they made many mistakes in the second half

It could be a grim old November if the Australian set piece can't improve on this showing.

Very happy with the win, a difficult Aussie side to play. I think our lineout and Farrell missing those kicks in the first half made us nervous but we deserved to win the game. Youngs should be dropped next week in favour of Hartley and I would put Eastmond in at IC. Brown was awesome.

Good game for England

Positives:
Farrell with Ball in hand
Robshaw proving he can play open side
Courtney Lawes in the line out when it's thrown in well
Mike Brown. What a game he had.
Mako Vunipola's scrummaging
Billy Bunnipola
Lee Dickson

Negatives:
Chris Ashton- still proving he can't tackle and had no real impact. Christian wade to replace him.

Joel Tomkins- feel had no impact, maybe as we're used to Tuilagi.

Tom Youngs- feel when Dylan Hartley came on it made England's set piece work better.

Latest posts