[EOYT] Russia vs. Japan 15/11/13.

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Russia.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Japan.png

Russia vs. Japan 15/11/13. 19:30 GMT. Eiras Park, Colwyn Bay, Wales.

Referee: Luke Pearce (England)

Japan will look to rebound from a poor start to their tour against Russia in a neutral site match up. Russia return to Colwyn Bay as they played their last year in the IRB mini competition run there. Their have been four previous meetings with Japan winning three and Russia one.

Russia

FB 15 Ramil Gaisin
RW 14 Vasily Artemyev
OC 13 Dimitry Gerasimov
IC 12 Alexei Makovetskiy
LW 11 Vladimir Ostroushko
FH 10 Sergey Sugrobov
SH 9 Anton Ryabov
N8 8 Viktor Gresev
OF 7 Pavel Butenko
BF 6 Alexander Khudiakov
RL 5 Andrei Garbuzov
LL 4 Alexander Voytov (c)
TP 3 Evgeni Pronenko
HK 2 Valery Tsnobiladze
LP 1 Grigory Tsnobiladze

Replacements:

HK 16 Vladislav Korshunov
PR 17 Sergey Sekisov
PR 18 Innokenty Zykov
LK 19 Denis Antonov
FL 20 Artem Fatakhov
SH 21 Alexey Shcherban
CE 22 Igor Galinovsky
FB 23 Denis Simplikevich

Japan

FB 15 Ayumu Goromaru
RW 14 Toshiaki Hirose (c)
OC 13 Male Sa'u
IC 12 Yuu Tamura
LW 11 Yoshikazu Fujita
FH 10 Kosei Ono
SH 9 Fumiaki Tanaka
N8 8 Ryu Holani
OF 7 Michael Broadhurst
BF 6 Hendrik Tui
RL 5 Luke Thompson
LL 4 Hitoshi Ono
TP 3 Kensuke Hatakeyama
HK 2 Shota Horie
LP 1 Masataka Mikami

Replacements:

HK 16 Hiroki Yuhara
PR 17 Hisateru Hirashima
PR 18 Hiroshi Yama****a
LK 19 Shinya Makabe
LK 20 Justin Ives
SH 21 Atsushi Hiwasa
CE 22 Seiichi Shimonura
WG 23 Akihito Yamada

If anyone is interested this game will be streamed through the IRB website live.

If anyone is interested this game will be streamed through the IRB website live.

No ! Nobody cares about your crappy match, leave us alone !!

:p :p

P.S.: thanks for the heads up Little Guy. You may be little in username-ness, but you are great in attention paid to detail and in humanity. -_-

Last edited:
No ! Nobody cares about your crappy match, leave us alone !!

:p :p

P.S.: thanks for the heads up Little Guy. You may be little in username-ness, but you are great in attention paid to detail and in humanity. -_-

In all seriousness I thought this match would have drawn at least some interest from the forum membership, the other two game threads I started yesterday I figured were a little more out there....but Japan and to a lesser extent Russia are known quantities within the rugby world, and the fact the game was streamed live and free, I thought we'd have one or two people give it a look.

Japan defeated Russia 40-13(13-13 at half) with an explosive 2nd half and took huge advantage of a Bears yellow card, interestingly Ostrikov a player Russia was missing for this test came off the bench for Sale Sharks for exactly one minute in their game tonight. Really a shame to see that surely it would have been better for Russia and him as a player to play in this game rather than warm a bench.

Not sure what's going on with Russia, they used to at least show some flair on attack but have really struggled since the end of the 2011 RWC, I think it might even be touch and go for them against Uruguay in the repechage round for RWCQ.

Neither Ostrikov nor Kulemin were chosen by Russia to be in their squad.
Not sure why, they've both played well this season, and it's not us stopping them from going. Maybe Russia just didn't want them because they couldn't attend training camps or something?
Their loss is our gain.

It's true, Russia has been unimpressive since the RWC. I thought we'd maybe start seeing them a little more...make some noise but...

It's true, Russia has been unimpressive since the RWC. I thought we'd maybe start seeing them a little more...make some noise but...
I'm not surprised with the fact that Russia is getting weaker, Russians simply don't show any sign of interest in rugby, They have no plans on improving public relations or marketing, they are not selling the game.

Imho Romanians Belgians Iberians Germans Ukrainians and Georgians have done a lot more work on improving and popularizing the sport in their countries whereas Russia constantly relies on its old and aging rugby community whilst youth involvement is almost non existent. I'd blame this on their union, Its simply hard for me to believe that Russians who get so bored sometimes in those small Russian towns that they do all kinds of crazy sheet form snow-surfing to asphaltskating to entertain themselves and with all the ambition of being "tough", superior and super competitive can't be taught to play rugby.. I mean come on. you gotta go out there and sell your product...

Neither Ostrikov nor Kulemin were chosen by Russia to be in their squad.
Not sure why, they've both played well this season, and it's not us stopping them from going. Maybe Russia just didn't want them because they couldn't attend training camps or something?
Their loss is our gain.

Yeah very odd, it's not exactly miles away from Sale to Colwyn Bay. Are Russia trying new combinations and players?

Kulemin was actually in the crowd watching the game :huh:

Maybe there is some sort of internal conflict in the Russian camp. I noticed a few other Russian names missing from the side, where were guys like Yanyushkin?

No, there is no conflict . Just in the Federation are working idiots , or rather they do not " work." It was rightly said , we are also hoping that after KM2011 will rise across the board, but they are the first half of the year after all no visible action did not show, and then destroyed the old structure and Kingsley began with 0-46 against Georgia, and 0 - 25 against Romania updating our antirecord . They just go to the old baggage .As for Kulemina and Ostrikova , the first played almost all the games in September and October for the club , and the second after the injury playing in October. Both are in excellent shape. These idiots thought that they would be more useful to play the game LV Cup, even though I told them 2 weeks prior to the announcement of compositions written that Diamond strums especially as Russian , because knows that the November tests, and it will put Holsmes , who did not play as well also Mills and Patterson , who played less often. And what we see in the last game : Kulemin did not get into the application Sale and Ostrikov came on 60 minutes . All logical Diamond conducts rotation composition. And so you can go through the rest of the issues really are working in the Russian Rugby Federation are idiots . Call at least one additional team that does not play home games in your country? June, November playing overseas, ENC play in Sochi ( really this is not a home field ).
We are currently rebuilding the manual Federation and PRL, we hope that there will be some changes, but as we say "the fish rots from the head", and the main idiot Kopyev yet as President. 9 out of 10 prof clubs have expressed dissatisfaction. leadership! It may be invited by the man who led the Rugby League in Russia at the time of its maximum development (mid 00's), let's hope for the best.

Russia did not have any chance, folks. Likewise - they won't have any chance in upcoming games vs US, Romania, Georgia.
I guess, we were a bit deluded by Russia's "achievements" at RWC2011. I heard so many exclamations regarding "prominent attacking", "outstanding scoring" and so on. But closer look makes it all clear.
if you take three games vs Italy, Ireland and Oz, what is so similar about them? Well - in each of them the game was actually over till 15-20th minute. All three Russia's opponents reached all their goals till that time. The victory was gained, the bonus point was gained, the only goal that remained was to finish the game with no injuries. Well, that's where Russia was allowed to start scoring. Come on, folks. Russia scored basically what it was allowed to score, nothing more than that. You think 22 points vs Oz is actual, unconditional level of Russian attack? Get real... :D
You can see below at what stage of the game Russia was eventually able to start scoring:

- Italy 31:0
- Ireland 43:0
- Australia 33:0

After the score was like this - yeah, "prominent attacking" and "outstanding scoring" eventually took place. :rolleyes:
So, don't be surprised, when meeting teams like Japan, Canada, USA - Russia simply doesn't stand a chance

Still say that it was match-fixing. 8 tries nobody just do not give. What were you smoking in Namibia?

I understand your butthurt, fellow. But you really have to get used to that :D

Да, нормально получилось - самому понравилось, ответил вдолгую:d

Latest posts