• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Scotland vs South Africa 16/11/13

Okay the next paragraph will drip with sarcasm.

So Scotland 0 - 28 South Africa. Yeah well I think its been proven without any shadow of doubt that Scotland are in rude health and will positively flourish with only Glasgow playing in a European cup. Having roughly 50 players playing in the northern hemisphere's elite club competition is obvious overkill. I think The English and French clubs are obviously in the right by insisting Scott Johnson pick his national team from about 26 players instead. I mean whats so stupid about that? I'm sure Scottish rugby will go from strength to strength and win the next world cups in a row!

OR...

Just maybe, getting nilled by a South African side that got bored after about 50 minutes means that Scotland are continuing to limp long in professional rugby, barely keeping their heads above the water line AND NEED AS MANY PLAYERS EXPOSED TO TOP FLIGHT RUGBY AS POSSIBLE!

This "I'm alright Jock" attitude that PRL and LNR have adopted isn't what rugby is about. Any Englishman who values a hard fought Calcutta cup win might want to think about what they've got to lose. Rugby may be a business but its a business that must be run in spirit of the game, not to the accountant's tune. We don't let BP get away with pumping oil into the Mexican gulf "because they are a business". I won't stand quietly by and let PRL and LNR ruin the international game. The "We're a business" excuse is as feeble as it comes. How far does that attitude get companies that are being prosecuted by the HSE for negligence after an injury in the work place??? It doesn't wash. It never has and it never will and people get a wake up call pretty quick because people should give a damn about everyone else.

Was Scotland vs SA a good test match? No. What can be done to give Scotland the best chance of competing? Dumping Edinburgh into a European competition where they'll face the likes of Bucharesti and Worcester isn't it, is it.

Okay the next paragraph will drip with sarcasm.

So Scotland 0 - 28 South Africa. Yeah well I think its been proven without any shadow of doubt that Scotland are in rude health and will positively flourish with only Glasgow playing in a European cup. Having roughly 50 players playing in the northern hemisphere's elite club competition is obvious overkill. I think The English and French clubs are obviously in the right by insisting Scott Johnson pick his national team from about 26 players instead. I mean whats so stupid about that? I'm sure Scottish rugby will go from strength to strength and win the next world cups in a row!

OR...

Just maybe, getting nilled by a South African side that got bored after about 50 minutes means that Scotland are continuing to limp long in professional rugby, barely keeping their heads above the water line AND NEED AS MANY PLAYERS EXPOSED TO TOP FLIGHT RUGBY AS POSSIBLE!

This "I'm alright Jock" attitude that PRL and LNR have adopted isn't what rugby is about. Any Englishman who values a hard fought Calcutta cup win might want to think about what they've got to lose. Rugby may be a business but its a business that must be run in spirit of the game, not to the accountant's tune. We don't let BP get away with pumping oil into the Mexican gulf "because they are a business". I won't stand quietly by and let PRL and LNR ruin the international game. The "We're a business" excuse is as feeble as it comes. How far does that attitude get companies that are being prosecuted by the HSE for negligence after an injury in the work place??? It doesn't wash. It never has and it never will and people get a wake up call pretty quick because people should give a damn about everyone else.

Was Scotland vs SA a good test match? No. What can be done to give Scotland the best chance of competing? Dumping Edinburgh into a European competition where they'll face the likes of Bucharesti and Worcester isn't it, is it.
but the only problem with scottish rugby is that we dont have a decent 10 who can play because we have players who would be effective in attack but the 10 cant really get to them and in the game our main captain is injured and so is our best players like stuart hogg, tim visser and matt scott

We played like ****.... I was so upset watching the game. I am happy my parents took me out for brunch at about the 60 min mark. Could not stand to watch another minute of it.

There is no way we are going to be able to make any inroads at the RWC, or more importantly having a chance at wining the 6 Nations if we keep playing like this.

As for the Truck and trailer, I believe it was the second maul... It was not a truck and trailer, but Bismark was just grabbing the guys jersey waiting to pounce over the line. The commentators mentioned how that is not exactly a maul. it is a bit of a grey area, but I bet someone else on the forum would know more.

I guess that's why people say Wiki isn't a reliable source of information...

6'1...even 6'3, that's tiny in a Springbok roster.

Heh maybe the forwards. Fourie and De Villiers are the tallest in the backs at about 6'3 (I relied on wiki again). Le Roux just always struck me as looking small compared to the other backs. Probably cos he's on the lighter side as well.

6'1...even 6'3, that's tiny in a Springbok roster.

This ain't the NBA, 6'3 is most likely the average height.

[h=1]Duane Vermeulen: 6'4[/h]Willem Alberts: 6'4
Francois Louw: 6'2
Bismark: 6'2

Catch my drift. Locks don't count

but the only problem with scottish rugby is that we dont have a decent 10 who can play because we have players who would be effective in attack but the 10 cant really get to them and in the game our main captain is injured and so is our best players like stuart hogg, tim visser and matt scott

But I'd suggest that having two clubs playing in the European cup would help build international depth at ten quicker than just relying on Glasgow alone.

Last edited:
Heh maybe the forwards. Fourie and De Villiers are the tallest in the backs at about 6'3 (I relied on wiki again). Le Roux just always struck me as looking small compared to the other backs. Probably cos he's on the lighter side as well.

but wiki is your unbiased, professional, all-reliable source...wiki is your friend.

Latest posts