• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ERC European Player of the Year Award

I think SOB is fantastic for Leinster, but hasn't made the step up to International (yet)
I have no doubt that he will, but compare any of his Six Nations performances, that everyone was jizzing over, to the last half of the HEC final and it wasn't even in the same ball park

Definitely well deserved. He's a muscly fella but no bigger than the average forward yet he bounces anything that gets in his way. Along with that power he has the speed of a centre and the offloading skills of SBW :p slight exaggeration there but his link play really compliments his ability to break the tackle. I can't wait to see him take on the big guns at the RWC and reckon he could cause havoc against the Aussies, at least i hope so :D

I still think Heaslip was far more important for Leinster.

I agree. I had almost forgotten how good Heaslip is until recently. If you player cam him in the QF, SF and final you'll see how much work he gets through. He's a fantastic number 8.

The Go forward ball SoB creates was what won leinster the final ..look at the tries if memory serves they usually came a few phases after a big run by the OX

I would also call him the best 6 in the world at the moment** Emphasis at the moment ..beacause plain and simple nobody is having as big an impact as he is.

The Go forward ball SoB creates was what won leinster the final ..look at the tries if memory serves they usually came a few phases after a big run by the OX

I would also call him the best 6 in the world at the moment** Emphasis at the moment ..beacause plain and simple nobody is having as big an impact as he is.

You could argue that you could be the best 6 without making an impact. Richard Hill and Rueben Thorn were incredibly valuable in the 6 position without shining out individually. While i'm not in he buisness of giving out best in the world awards i would still pick Kaino over him for the All Blacks due to gargantuan amount of shitty tight work he does. Spectacular- no, but sorely needed.

You could argue that you could be the best 6 without making an impact. Richard Hill and Rueben Thorn were incredibly valuable in the 6 position without shining out individually. While i'm not in he buisness of giving out best in the world awards i would still pick Kaino over him for the All Blacks due to gargantuan amount of shitty tight work he does. Spectacular- no, but sorely needed.

Touche ...I never saw a replay of the match so I cant really comment but from what I recall I remember him clearing out heaps of rucks and poaching a couple too ..but that could be my madly in love mind conjuring illusion of grandeur :p

SOB does all the donkey work too.

"O'Brien had made more carries (115) than any other player, as well as more metres than any other forward. The 24-year-old had also beaten 19 defenders, a competition high by any back or forward, before taking that into the 20s in the final, prior to which only Joe Worsley (90) had made more tackles than O'Brien (84). (in HEC history)"

Latest posts