• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Challenge Cup

S

SaintsFan_Webby

The European Challenge Cup, Europe's second tier competition kicks off this weekend.

Here are this weekend's fixtures, with my predicted winners printed in bold.

22 October 2005
European Challenge Cup

Narbonne v Bristol, 17:30
Northampton v Viadana, 15:00

Overmach Parma v Agen, 14:00
Section Paloise v London Irish, 17:30

Bayonne v Gloucester, 18:00
Bucuresti v Toulon, 13:00

L'Aquila v Borders, 14:00
Newcastle v Brive, 14:30

Connacht v Catania, 14:00
Worcester v Montpellier, 14:00

22 October 2005
European Challenge Cup

Narbonne v Bristol, 17:30
Northampton v Viadana, 15:00

Overmach Parma v Agen, 14:00
Section Paloise v London Irish, 17:30

Bayonne v Gloucester, 18:00
Bucuresti v Toulon, 13:00

L'Aquila v Borders, 14:00
Newcastle v Brive, 14:30

Connacht v Catania, 14:00
Worcester v Montpellier, 14:00

Northampton 47 - Viadana 25

Match Report

Bit of a joke game really. Saints only ever had half a team on the pitch at a time, and by the end loads of people were out of position.

The referee gifted the Italians at least 14 points with some mystifying decisions, but Northampton strolled to a 7 try victory with very little effort.

Nice to see Ben Cohen back on form and scoring, his last try was classic Cohen, beating half the opposition team to go over the line unopposed.

I'm not even trhinking of predicting this one; It can go either way. Both side should come away with at least 1 point though.

Should be interesting. Fun to see whether Lima can pull off any of his bone crunchers on giants like Cohen and Lamont.
<

Can't wait to see him play when Bristol come to the Gardens.

How is Lemi getting on? He was billed as a big prospect, is he living up to expectations yet?

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 28 2005, 09:56 PM
Should be interesting. Fun to see whether Lima can pull off any of his bone crunchers on giants like Cohen and Lamont. 
<

Can't wait to see him play when Bristol come to the Gardens.

How is Lemi getting on? He was billed as a big prospect, is he living up to expectations yet?
He smacked Tindall of the pitch, and he is a big enough fecker
<

Lemi hasn't had that much time in the team, but is now starting to get a run. Hopefully it will last, he has bags of pace, rounding Garvey a few times when we played Gloucester in the PC.

Bristol 36 - Saints 28

Sounds like a great game, annoyed I didn't go now! Damm Sunday matches!

David Lemi will be a great player for Samoa, mark my words. 2tries, a few conversions and penalties make him a MUST for the Bristol side now. He was making a monkey out of Lamont, a very good international player.

Fair play to Saints though, they came back superbly! Sounds like Spencer had one of those hot matches.

It is just annoying these wern't GP points
<

Ye i watch the game are pack were all over theres and Regan outclassed Thompson in every department.Do any of you reckon we can beat wasps?
<

Originally posted by Cusker@Nov 1 2005, 01:37 AM
Regan outclassed Thompson in every department
He can add his name to the list then...... Mears, Chuter, ***terell, Bruno......

Robinson moment last year? What about the Krige moment? Did you forgive him when he joined Saints?

Regan is a Bristol boy, so regardless of what happened, he is commited to my team, and very important to us. He really did outclass Thompson, which makes you wonder how come Thompson is no1 on the list for England.
<

Cusker, we won't beat Wasps away. They played crap the week-end, and managed to draw to Toulouse. However, if we score 1 try I'll be happy, and a good performance will set up nicely for the game against Leeds, which is a MUST win game for us.

Thompson has been shite all season when playing hooker; His move across to flanker was a stroke of genious by Poutney.

Which makes me say "f*** ANDY ROBINSON, YOU c***". Again.

Im going to the leeds game if i aint got a game myself we have got to win it!!!
are you going harrison2468?

he is to slow and unfit for flanker he was nakerd after the bristol game and he didn't do much either. His day has gone!!!!!

Originally posted by Cusker@Oct 31 2005, 10:05 PM
he is to slow and unfit for flanker he was nakerd after the bristol game and he didn't do much either. His day has gone!!!!!
He was brilliant as a flanker, and if you're saying he is slow and unfit you clearly are very shortsighted.

Im going on what i saw at the game and what people told me and england have got good flankers anyway so he wont be able to play there we need to find a hocker that can find his man in the line out 90%-100% of the time not 50%-60% of the time that could be the difference between winning and losing!!!!
<

Originally posted by Cusker@Oct 31 2005, 10:43 PM
Im going on what i saw at the game and what people told me and england have got good flankers anyway so he wont be able to play there we need to find a hocker that can find his man in the line out 90%-100% of the time not 50%-60% of the time that could be the difference between winning and losing!!!!
<
Have you actually watched him at flanker? And the week before he hit his jumper every time. On his day he is England's best hooker.

Latest posts