• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Challenge Cup

No but one of my m8s who is a saints fan said he was no good as a flanker.But it wasn't against world class opostion when he hit his man all the time was it!!!!I have to admit bristols line out has been bad without regan but not that bad!!!Ye on his day he is Englands best but he aint been on his day since the world cup has he?

No he aint!!!If he played flanker he could only play blindside!!!Why do you think thompson has become rubish???

To blame Thompson for the line-outs completely is a bit unfair as it is a whole unit thing, but the hooker is the most vital part.

Thompson was great in 2003, but he needs to be dropped like Cohen to find his feet again. He is a guy who has been playing too much rugby IMO and is suffering for it. He also has to commit to a position, he can't constantly swap from 2 and 6 if he wants to play international rugby.

Cusker, I hope to go to the Leeds game. Hopefully they continue their form till we play them.
<

Originally posted by harrison2468@Nov 1 2005, 08:29 PM
To blame Thompson for the line-outs completely is a bit unfair as it is a whole unit thing, but the hooker is the most vital part.

Thompson was great in 2003, but he needs to be dropped like Cohen to find his feet again. He is a guy who has been playing too much rugby IMO and is suffering for it. He also has to commit to a position, he can't constantly swap from 2 and 6 if he wants to play international rugby.
I hope he does get dropped by England. I'd much rather have him giving his all for his club week in week out, than having to take all the flak when England fail to perform.

I'd gladly see him and Cohen in the black, green and gold. Until the RFU sort themselves out then screw England, I'm behind club rugby 100%.

Originally posted by Cusker@Nov 2 2005, 07:30 PM
Ye, but how long will it take to sort out????
<
I don't care how long it, I just know that until the RFU pull their heads out of their arses then I am behind the clubs and the PRA to continue opposing them.

Ye i agree but it could afect the standard of the international side we can put out and how well we will do so i wont it sorted out quick.
<

******** to the international side being affected; The RFU don't understand that without the clubs there wouldn't be an international team at all.

Latest posts