• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Football

G

Gay-Guy

I have just been looking at Wynton Rufers career with Werder Bremmen and his winning goal in the 1992 European CupWinner's Cup final. Then I realised that this comp was not the Champions League I hear about on TV. I also realised that year they had a UEFA cup going as well.....

.....so how many European cups are there?????

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 24 2006, 11:11 AM
I have just been looking at Wynton Rufers career with Werder Bremmen and his winning goal in the 1992 European CupWinner's Cup final. Then I realised that this comp was not the Champions League I hear about on TV. I also realised that year they had a UEFA cup going as well.....

.....so how many European cups are there?????
that cup is the league below champions league

iuts like heineken cup and challenge cup in euro rugby

Ok.....so I take it that it goes in this order of importance......

1. Champions League.
2. Cup Winners.
3. UEFA Cup.

So how does a club qualify for each comp?

1. Champions League
2. UEFA Cup

The Cup Winners Cup would have been third in importance had it still been in existance but it was scrapped in 1998 in order to extend the Champions League.

I see...........only the Champions League is the best.....UEFA Cup is for losers :bravo: ....

Jokes jokes...sorry anyone who supported the previous winner. Now who won it last time :lol:

the winners of the champs league face the winners of the uefa cup in the super cup, so this year it will be an all spannish affair with sevilla playing barcelona.

Originally posted by loratadine@May 24 2006, 10:12 PM
the winners of the champs league face the winners of the uefa cup in the super cup, so this year it will be an all spannish affair with sevilla playing barcelona.
......thats great...so the losers get a chance to prove they are not totally losers. Barcelona gets a chance to run some team into the hard pitch :bravo:

....to prove my point:
"who of any significance plays for Sevilla?" :bana:

Sevilla
1 - Andrés Palop
4 - Daniel Alves
2 - Javi Navarro ©
6 - Julien Escudé
3 - David
15 - Jesús Navas
18 - Martí
25 - Enzo Maresca
16 - Adriano
10 - Luis Fabiano
7 - Javier Saviola

Reserves:
13 - Antonio Notario (GK)
11 - Renato
12 - Frédéric Kanouté
20 - Aitor Ocio
27 - Fernando Sales
27 - Antonio Puerta
30 - Kepa

From that players of note to me are Alves, Adriano, Saviola, and Kanouté.
Also they've got Jesús :eek: and me at #3 for some reason B)

Gay-Guy, the point with football is that this is a truely global sport played by hundred of million sportmen on Earth. Consequently the number of top teams and top nations is much more important than in Rugby. UEFA cup although not as good as the Champions' League is however top level competition.

Originally posted by DonBilly@May 26 2006, 02:34 AM
Gay-Guy, the point with football is that this is a truely global sport played by hundred of million sportmen on Earth. Consequently the number of top teams and top nations is much more important than in Rugby. UEFA cup although not as good as the Champions' League is however top level competition.
:lol:

That is why I am eating my ass....

I love football....don't get me wrong.....i suuported Spurs back in the 80's and 90's but the new millenium made me shift to Juventus....even with Zidane gone i am still loyal to Juventus.....I think Del Peiro needs to think about other options though.

Ever since Megadrive I have always played Germany on soccer ***les.

Soccers global market is phenomenal...truly the beautiful game.

Juventus may be relegated to the Italian amateur division with the ongoing affairs ...

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 26 2006, 12:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DonBilly
@May 26 2006, 02:34 AM
:lol:

That is why I am eating my ass....

I love football....don't get me wrong.....i suuported Spurs back in the 80's and 90's but the new millenium made me shift to Juventus....even with Zidane gone i am still loyal to Juventus.....I think Del Peiro needs to think about other options though.

Ever since Megadrive I have always played Germany on soccer ***les.

Soccers global market is phenomenal...truly the beautiful game. [/b]
Must say I'm the same, have always followed Tottenham since Klinsmann, and therefore Germany as well... :)

Latest posts