• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Evans moving back to Auckland?

there is no future for holwell. i myself am a fan of him. but hes too old. if there is a 0% chance of being in the allblacks frame (obviouslly he wil never be 1st or 2nd choice but atleast be in the 32) then i dont see why there is need to have a player at his age in auckland. maybie wellington maybie waikato, definatly otago now, but not auckland. yes you can say that necawa is fijian, but hes had a blinder of a season. for a player ineligable for the allblacks.

I think I'll be buying season ticket for the Blues with Evans at 1st five. Though We need a good fullback though

auckland are going to be awesome with evans there next season, thats the perfect team for him with the attacking flair they excibit, but i am a hurricanes fan so i wished he went ther instead

there is no future for holwell. i myself am a fan of him. but hes too old. if there is a 0% chance of being in the allblacks frame (obviouslly he wil never be 1st or 2nd choice but atleast be in the 32) then i dont see why there is need to have a player at his age in auckland. maybie wellington maybie waikato, definatly otago now, but not auckland. yes you can say that necawa is fijian, but hes had a blinder of a season. for a player ineligable for the allblacks. [/b]

isn't holwell retiring to live on his farm in northland?

Evans has confirmed he is signing for Auckland rather than Harbour

All Black Nick Evans will play for Auckland and the Blues in 2008.

The versatile back decided to move from the Highlanders and Otago in May and could have picked North Harbour, where he made his representative debut in 2001.

He is still contracted to Otago until the end of this season and will move to Auckland after the World Cup.

"It's exciting for me. This is the next step in my career and I am looking forward to a new opportunity - playing amongst a new group of guys in a new squad," said Evans after signing the two-year contract.

"I've enjoyed my time with Otago and the Highlanders. Now, looking ahead, I'm confident I will continue to enjoy my rugby as a member of the Auckland and Blues teams."

Auckland and Blues CEO Andy Dalton is thrilled with Evans decision to move to Auckland.

"Nick is an outstanding player. He's dynamic and tactically astute at both first five-eighth and fullback. We're very fortunate he will be joining us next season."

"In a year where we are seeing many of our top players head overseas post the World Cup, it is great to see a player of Nick's calibre choosing to continue his rugby career in New Zealand."

In 2004, he made his first Super 12 appearance and was selected for the All Blacks that same year.

Evans has played for the Highlanders and Otago since 2005.[/b]

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1251608

nacewa will move to fullback! [/b]

Nah!! I think George Pisi have grown into the position after his first season of Super rugby. Nacewa will be shifted to 12 to cover for the departure of McAlister & Tuitupou.

so was I

now im guessing a starting lineup of

evans
rok
toeava
tuitavake
smith
howlett

Latest posts