• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs vs Racing 92 - Champions Cup 19/20 Final

Well that was tense at the end! We earned it and deserved it but that could have gone the other way.

Proved Liam Williams wrong after he called Chiefs 'the bottlers' after the semis ;)

I couldn't watch for a couple of minutes after Francis yellow.
Great win, but hope they can improve for next week.
Cashed out my outright bet pre game, but as i was there had small bet on LCD first try scorer, so good day all round .

Been thinking about the penalty at the end. Surely JSimmonds (or someone else) should have made sure the clock was on before resuming his prep for the kick to make sure time would be up.
He used up quite a bit of time preparing while the clock wasn't back on. It could have ended badly if Racing could kick off again.
It also looked like Hogg took control and took the decision to go for goal as it looked as if Slade was going to kick for touch which ,also, could have ended badly.

Also thought Our Niges comment" it doesn't make much difference anyway" when counting out the 5 seconds to add on ,pretty unprofessional, especially when, 30 secs later ,he didn't know whether to restart or not.

Pretty strange end to the game.

Been thinking about the penalty at the end. Surely JSimmonds (or someone else) should have made sure the clock was on before resuming his prep for the kick to make sure time would be up.
He used up quite a bit of time preparing while the clock wasn't back on. It could have ended badly if Racing could kick off again.
It also looked like Hogg took control and took the decision to go for goal as it looked as if Slade was going to kick for touch which ,also, could have ended badly.

Also thought Our Niges comment" it doesn't make much difference anyway" when counting out the 5 seconds to add on ,pretty unprofessional, especially when, 30 secs later ,he didn't know whether to restart or not.

Pretty strange end to the game.
On that what is that outcome of timing out? As in standing there for the full minute and not taking the kick? Would the game have just ended or is there will the game restart?

On that what is that outcome of timing out? As in standing there for the full minute and not taking the kick? Would the game have just ended or is there will the game restart?
I was wondering that myself. Also at what point does the 'minute' start?

Imagine playing right in the middle of the scrum surrounded by 15 other blokes and then being told you have to wear a face mask when you come off.
Keeping up appearances. Not a lot of evidence of social distancing or mask wearing in any of the celebration photos that are all over social media.

Latest posts