• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Explosion in November tests?

It's the draw for the Pool of death the union should be worried about. I think France may not avoid it.

The pre-draw rankings might not end up being all they're hyped to be. If [strike]either Fiji or[/strike] Japan win both of their remaining matches, and Scotland loses one of theirs, the 4th placed 6N team could well be in a position where dropping to #9 in the rankings only increases their risk of an unfavourable draw from 25% to 50%.

EDIT: Except that Fiji isn't an automatic qualifier. So it would need to be Japan.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Spain vs Uruguay. A chance for Spain to make a stride in the rankings and I liked what I saw from them last week.

I wouldn't be too confident about our performance against Uruguay. Los Teros will have an improved squad this weekend whereas ours will be weaker than against Tonga. The most probable outcome is to finish 2016 with only one victory and maybe even outside Top 25.

I had read Uruguay will field a stronger side against Spain than against Germany but why will Spain be weaker than last week? Injuries?

Also do you think Spain are going backwards or is it a difficult year because they have played teams ranked above them all the time. I'd suggest it's more the latter looking at results. Doesn't look like you lost to any team lower than you.

http://www.sofascore.com/team/rugby/spain/132110

We're losing Pinto due to injury, while Ãlvarez (spectacular against Tonga), García, Maïquez, Ascarat and S. Rouet are simply returning to their French clubs. Replacements are not of the same level. OK, Hutchinson is playing in England and Civil is in UBB, although not playing a lot. But Munilla and Ramos are both 21 and our only scrun-halves for this game, Minguillon has been injured the last weeks and Castiglioni isn't on par with guys coming from Pro D2.

I would like to say Spain isn't going backwards, but the it's a reasonable thought unfortunately. We were terribly unlucky against Russia, Romania and Namibia this year, but performances against Germany and Uruguay, even if our Nations Cup squad was nearly an A side, were terrible.

Ouch. Good old French club rugby ruining fixtures in the international window. Where have I heard that before? :(

What a result! Check out the first 30mins of Tonga vs USA too. They were outstanding and it puts Spain's performance last week into context.

Quite a turnaround by Korea. Losing the first test in the Chile series 30 - 12, and following that up with a win. 38 - 36, nice high scoring game.

Hopefully someone writes a review on that one. (that I get to read in english)

30 points to make up in 23 minutes? no problem!

Glad I saw that - thanks for the link.

And Switzerland beats Moldova!

Won't save them from relegation, Moldova already beat Ukraine and has a few bonus points. But it sets up Switzerland vs Ukraine in March as somewhat of a relegation final. Ukraine has been in really bad shape lately, despite having been in the 6NB not too long ago.

Latest posts