Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jenson Button

• Nico Rosberg

• Kazuki Nakajima

• Total voters
rain apparently on the way at Sepang, not the best start from Button though, great one from Rosberg though.

and who said F1 had no overtaking, back and forth between Alonso and Webber.

if the FIA hadn't insisted on these ridiculous start times for European viewers we would have had a proper grand prix.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Apr 2 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How boring. They change the rules every year to make the sport more interesting, and the only way it's ever interesting is the lengths Lewis Hamilton has to go to to overcome all the stupid attempts to make him not win.[/b]

:rolleyes:

No its to cut costs, which they have been trying to do for years to bring in more teams and make it more competitive.

They used to change the rules to stop Schumacher winning, not this time though.

So everyone got half a point. I bet Hamilton loses his by the end of the week for having a surname beginning with "H" or something similar.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Apr 6 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So everyone got half a point. I bet Hamilton loses his by the end of the week[/b]

I doubt it will take them that long. Hamilton's cheating has become easier to spot. ;)

Incidently it looks as if McLaren will face further sanctions as a result of Hamiltons latest apology.

I have always thought that F1 is fixed. For example, if Driver A is in 2nd place in a race and his teammate, Driver B was having the race of his life in pole, he will be told to let Driver A overtake him and beat him,if it came down to who could score the most points. A 1/2 finish would see the same amount of constructors points, so why take away from 2 good drivers actually racing?

I can see the logic in it to let the driver who can win the ***le win, but what's the point in having 2 drivers when one has to continously give up his race? Take Brawn, for example. Both drivers at the start of the season should be levelling as they probably had small ***le ambitions, but as Button has won two races.. if he keeps up this form, it won't be long before his teammate will have to let Button overtake in the case of a 1/2 race position.. so Button can get another win.

Why? Or have i got it wrong completely?

Underway in China but unfortunately under the safety car.

How unbelievably **** though is the BBC coverage, Jake Humphreys really is a clueless twat, certainly came across that way in his Olympics coverage but this sarcy, low brow effort seems to be what the BBC are going for, Clare Balding and her comments over the jockey's teeth spring to mind.

ITVs coverage was just streets ahead of anything the BBC have done this weekend. I know it's great having no ads during a grand prix but in 12 years of coverage you probably count on 1 hand the amount of incidents they really missed.

Steve Rider and Jim Rosenthal are chalk and chesse compared to Humphreys.

So back in Europe and Massa and Raikkonen go fastest for Ferrari in the final practice session, can they carry that form through to qualifying?

Button left that unbelievably late, just making it over the line to start his final lap but what a lap to take pole from Vettel. You'd have had Barrichello down to get pole given how well he was going this weekend but credit to Button for that lap, suppose we have to see what the fuel ratios are like before we see if that was the best lap.

Disappointing for Ferrari and Raikkonen given their pace in practice not to make Q2, Hamilton won't be too chuffed to be down in 14th either and not make Q1.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 19 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Steve Rider and Jim Rosenthal are chalk and chesse compared to Humphreys.[/b]

Rosenthal was brilliant, Ryder was a smug clown though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 10 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 19 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve Rider and Jim Rosenthal are chalk and chesse compared to Humphreys.[/b]

Rosenthal was brilliant, Ryder was a smug clown though.
[/b][/quote]

knew what he was talking about though, can't say that for Humphreys.

I like this new guy Humphreys, his blogging is good and he keeps Couthard and Jordon (both inspired picks for pundits I think as both are immensely popular in the paddock) gabber on and talk shop.

Again, yet another Ferrari cock up though. Really poor decision making from the guys in red, who in the hell do they have in charge of strategy?! A talking italian stallion called Georgio?! :huh:

Eddie Jordan is pretty rubbish, he always seems to shoot himself in the foot and talks about how he brought Schumacher into f1 several times a weekend. He's ok but Tony Jardine would be much better.

Nah mate, he's pretty good, he shoots himself in the foot occassionally but he does know F1 inside out and has his finger on the pulse. Talking about Ferrari always stirs his loins and he usually looks bemused and exasperated (as does most of us these days with Ferarri) Coulthard is a good foil for him and does point a few things out for him.

The conversation between C & J about Kimi Raikonnen's work rate was interesting. Coulthard was more diplomatic as apparently Kimi had taken him aside and given him an ear bashing when he suggested that Kimi's workrate was sub-standard but Jordan was far more scathing and bombastic and more or less called the guy lazy.

Thats what you want from pundits; guys who know their salt but can play off of each other and balance each other. You don't want two Eddie Jordans but you don't want two Tony Jardines either as the former would be loads of shouty ranting while the latter would be an utter self-indulgent and smug borefest.

Humphreys is beyond defensible after this weekend, yesterday he said to Coulthard, "you came into F1 after Senna died, that must have been pretty exciting!". Such a moronic thing to say, even Coulthard seemed taken a back by it.

Aw give him a break, he's having the time of his life in his first season of F1. I bet Murray made those kinds of gaffes all the time...actually, he did make those kinds of gaffes all the time ;)

for yesterday's comment not a chance. He's an absolute twat, demonstrated by the fact that he walked into a glass door as well.

Latest posts