• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Faatau82's Complete RUGBY '06 Roster patch..

F

Fa'atau82

As some of you may have seen, i have been working lately on a rugby '06 roster update (for PC). The first v1.0 roster release is now ready. The roster is released with all announced NH transfer updates andsome that are not announced yet.

There are small errors in the roster which will be fixed very soon. These include changing skin tones and faces of some players for Tonga. Also, in some rosters players appear in other teams as there hasnt been sufficient new signings or i am still making players who need to be replaced by new edited players.

As a summary it includes now (see %), and will include full, complete and correct versions of:-

Fully updated Guinness Premiership squads (Gloucester and Newcastle complete)

Fully updated Clermont, Paris, Castres, Perpignan, Biarritz and Toulouse squads (90% complete)

Fully updated Calvisano and Benetton Treviso squads (90% complete)

Fully updated Llanelli, Dragons, Cardiff, Ospreys, Leinster, Munster, Ulster, Glasgow and Edinburgh (90%)

Fully updated National Teams for RWC '07 (minus Spain and Russia who look like barbarians now) (40%)

Fully updated Representative teams (10%)

I haven't managed new Super 14's yet, but the patch is exactly the same currently as Ozzy's Super 14 patch.

v1.0 ROSTER PATCH DOWNLOAD HERE (see roster update)

I'm going to ask two stupid questions.

Did you make a misprint and put 06 instead of 08 or is this another 06 update?

Since I've never used one of these how do I use it?

Hisokagray,

The update is for Rugby '06 for PC. The update is for the coming season. No-one has started making a rugby '08 roster patch as far as i'm aware. I won't be making one, that's why i am patching rugby '06, the game i am happy with.

To use this roster file, you must download the file from the site and save it to your pc. Then extract the contents.

This will give you a folder called '0708roster.ros' and another file that comes with it, not sure what it does.

You then copy/move this folder to:

My Documents / EA Sports / EA Sports Rugby 06 /

(normally found in 'my documents')

You just leave the folder as it is, and then load the game. It should then be available to load from the save/load section in the MY RUGBY section of the menu.

And that's it.

P.S.. i notice you are a Munster fan.. someone asked about Munster update.. and i have the full roster, but the stats of the players are probably wrong if you are a purist, but they are average for average squad player type stats.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the Munster update.

P.S.. i notice you are a Munster fan.. someone asked about Munster update.. and i have the full roster, but the stats of the players are probably wrong if you are a purist, but they are average for average squad player type stats.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the Munster update.

[/b]

I can't open the file my computer says it's damaged and can't open. If you want to send me the roster stats I'd be happy to take a look.

Just so you know, Faatau, the folder the roster file is in needs to have exactly the same name as the roster file itself, i.e. either the folder you have in the ZIP you uploaded should be called LatestS14Ver2.ros, or the roster file should be called 0708roster.ros

That problem is now fixed. I didn't realise it did that :p

Just follow the same and it should work now.

The rosters are shaping up nicely. I had a look at the Scarlets and Wales rosters, and they looked a bit odd, but then I realised you probably haven't edited the db to include all the new players yet :)

That's exactly the problem i had.. i have to rip up spain, and take retiring players from other squads (like Paolo Vaccari, Steve Thompson, Brendan Cannon etc) to make new ones, but i also have to edit over players who are not signed for anyone in the game this season.I played with Llanelli yesterday, and they played well.. Regan King is especially good!

I haven't added a new wales roster yet, but i have since done Argentina, France, England and Italy.

FAO Edinburgh Gunner or scottish fans..

I am utterly confused by Edinburgh's situation at the moment, regarding what's going on, and for me to do their roster in the game i need more info that the club are giving out.. does anyone have any idea who is playing next season, or is stephen larkham just the only signing?

Calling all Georgia, Romania and Namibia fans.. please post your national team squads here if you know them. Thanks!

is it normal with this patch that when i play single player world championship, the top sides always lose to inferior sides? and then i end up playing the final against japan or canada etc?

I haven't changed anything team stats wise, other than Harlequins to 78 and Bristol to 71.

thats just the rugby 06 problem. without changing any of the rosters at all i would play a final against gorgia or something.

stupid

I played WC first time and i go to the quarters with Samoa, and the QF smallest team in there was scotland.

Quick question to anyone who knows..

I wan't to replace the Representative teams with some extra clubs teams, but does anyone know how to change the xml file?

It was done with Harlequins for the Quins mod, but can someone tell me how you do it?

Quick question to anyone who knows..

I wan't to replace the Representative teams with some extra clubs teams, but does anyone know how to change the xml file?

It was done with Harlequins for the Quins mod, but can someone tell me how you do it? [/b]
IIRC, Harlequins replaced Leeds Tykes in the Quins mod, not a representative team.

I am aware of that.. i know Quins replaced Leeds.. i just needed to know how you edit an xml file to alter a team name.

Hi, do you have this rooster again ? Thansk...

Latest posts