• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fa'atau82's Rugby 08 MOD thread (PC)

Preview of International Matchball Mod (for exhibition mode)

All teams have been done but for Canada and New Zealand who i will do very soon. All balls will be released in the modpack. Don't know what brand Spain, Russia or Namibia use, so i made my own gilbert versions.

I think they look pretty good with the texture. I will probably update the Guinness Premiership ball, World Cup and any other balls that are lurking around with the texture.

Download will come very soon.

ballmodke9.jpg

Just one question.. if their are any fans of Australia and Italy here, can you tell me.. does your summit and mitre balls have textured surface, or are they smooth texture?

Please PM me with any info. Thanks!

Preview of International Matchball Mod (for exhibition mode)

All teams have been done but for Canada and New Zealand who i will do very soon. All balls will be released in the modpack. Don't know what brand Spain, Russia or Namibia use, so i made my own gilbert versions.

I think they look pretty good with the texture. I will probably update the Guinness Premiership ball, World Cup and any other balls that are lurking around with the texture.

Download will come very soon.

ballmodke9.jpg

Just one question.. if their are any fans of Australia and Italy here, can you tell me.. does your summit and mitre balls have textured surface, or are they smooth texture?

Please PM me with any info. Thanks!

[/b]

Don't really understand what you mean by textured and smooth in this context, anyway, I got a pic of the ball, so maybe you see for yourself

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=...;partner=Google

Good news Fran, i have got the fly-in logos working in the game.. it took a few attempts to find what file does what, but with the psd files they come out almost perfect everytime.

So far i have found that the files replace the score overlays, the fly-in logo, the logo on the controller select (in-match menu) and some other small logos which i have not tried yet.

More good news is that i have got great resolution images for the logos from wikipedia and now all thats left is to do the RWC ones. Not sure if i will find many good 256x256 sized logos for Namibia, Portugal etc but i will look.

I have to extract all the files for the clubs as they all have different files, but the ones i have working are really good and clear.

A modpack for all remaining logos could be done in a couple of weeks, possibly before xmas at the latest.

It's all looking pretty good.

Good news Fran, i have got the fly-in logos working in the game.. it took a few attempts to find what file does what, but with the psd files they come out almost perfect everytime.

So far i have found that the files replace the score overlays, the fly-in logo, the logo on the controller select (in-match menu) and some other small logos which i have not tried yet.

More good news is that i have got great resolution images for the logos from wikipedia and now all thats left is to do the RWC ones. Not sure if i will find many good 256x256 sized logos for Namibia, Portugal etc but i will look.

I have to extract all the files for the clubs as they all have different files, but the ones i have working are really good and clear.

A modpack for all remaining logos could be done in a couple of weeks, possibly before xmas at the latest.

It's all looking pretty good.
[/b]

You're wrong, Gary, it's not good news. It's AWESOME news! :D
Congrats pal! I knew I could have counted on you ;)

PS: I usually ain't vain, but I wish you could see how the roster is. Among other things, I corrected EVERY headgear so far, so Hasan Jalil and Barnes have a black-and-white scrum cap, Bortwhick and some Fijans a black-and-blue one, Worsley an orange tape, Thion a black-and-orange one, Georgians with the water-blue one, and so on... I would really like to send it to you when I'm done so you can test it. And again, I'm NOT vain :p

More progress as we speak, i have edited crstt812's heineken cup graphics and should be able to find the same ones for other competitions i hope.

More progress as we speak, i have edited crstt812's heineken cup graphics and should be able to find the same ones for other competitions i hope. [/b]

You are THE MAN! You're editing everything, I'm so glad you decided to buy 08 ;)

All logos seem to be working. I just have to make a few of the score overlays, but at the moment, all clubs and national teams have correct logos apart from irish, welsh and scottish teams who i need to find the files for.

All logos seem to be working. I just have to make a few of the score overlays, but at the moment, all clubs and national teams have correct logos apart from irish, welsh and scottish teams who i need to find the files for. [/b]

I'll find them if you need, but I can do it tomorrow

If you could find them i need any 256x256, 128x128, 128x64, 64x64 logos for these teams.

Newport Dragons, Llanelli, Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I believe that crstt812 has already done full Cardiff and Ospreys updates.

One file should have 6 logos, ranging in all sizes and there is another one with 4 files. The fly-in logo is in one of them, but not sure which one it is.. but i edit them all and it all works so who cares.

Yippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

If you could find them i need any 256x256, 128x128, 128x64, 64x64 logos for these teams.

Newport Dragons, Llanelli, Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I believe that crstt812 has already done full Cardiff and Ospreys updates.

One file should have 6 logos, ranging in all sizes and there is another one with 4 files. The fly-in logo is in one of them, but not sure which one it is.. but i edit them all and it all works so who cares.

Yippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! [/b]

I'm on my way ;)

Here ya go, baby:

DRAGONS
0cca31344af019f6c2487cca43d2533d.fsh
6f303c5750be663a53d6381190bdf626.fsh

EDINBURGH RUGBY
4dd05b739418f82105e164a70d3c49e6.fsh
90be552b207f9f887254205c1dcda8eb.fsh

GLASGOW WARRIORS

062c8e2e8ff7d8701ae26a39f3009338.fsh
da4908dc914e848e9ad282df98ae6515.fsh

LEINSTER
ced6280e961b382ff7170e18b7700725.fsh
e1dccda595cc47df462f13adac859cc7.fsh

LLANELLI SCARLETS

696af19b3fefe06ff9d7794c90bbda44.fsh
e922309d16a4d7905e30835a019eb0f9.fsh

MUNSTER
8833282b9c97030043752a3b37d13cf7.fsh
a43ea844404039009741a433459bd13c.fsh

ULSTER
3da52a9b59bcfd004e9703a8c0fea3c1.fsh
46c2fd4e7d0ba49a4f9ec3488279a84f.fsh[/b]

;)

Thanks Fran, that's a great help. You are lightning quick!

Just one thing though, please don't call me baby.. it's gayer than a stade francais production of swan lake. <_<

Or anyone who plays for Italy.

Thanks Fran, that's a great help. You are lightning quick!

Just one thing though, please don't call me baby.. it's gayer than a stade francais production of swan lake. <_<

Or anyone who plays for Italy.

[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, MAN, I won't do that anymore! :rolleyes:

Ok here is the latest update..

I have updated all game logos (club, international) and they all work fine.

I adjusted crstt812's Heineken Cup logos as they filled the whole 256x256 and they look much better IMHO without a custom made background.

However i haven't tested Newport Dragons logos, and i think a problem might occur there as EA did not name 6 different files in the file, like 1ne
2ne, 3ne, 4ne, 5ne, 6ne but put two different 1ne's in there, so as one updates, so does the other. One should be 128 and the other 256, but they are both 256.

This probably won't cause a problem, as i can't actually find where the 128x128 and 64x64 logos are in the game. So, it shouldn't matter.

The flags are very easy, but mine look bland and dull. Tell me what you think Fran.

I would like to ask suggestions for a theme for the flags from you guys.

I had a few ideas which are..

- National Flag with small club logo overlaying
- Club colour stripes with small logo overlaying
- Single colour flag with small logo overlaying
- Big overlaying logo, like they look now with club colours background

The only other small problem i am having is the score overlay. They look nice in the game at the moment, but are quite hard to do, to get them in position with the scoreboard with the crescent shape.

Other than that, all is looking very nice indeed.

In a few days, there will be complete updated matchballs, logos, fly-in logos and correct logos for pretty much everything that is real. I haven't adjusted the World League logo, but i can make a new one if i have time.

I will thanks now to Ciais and crstt812 for making these patches possible.

Then it's back to kits, and a new look for rugby 08.

btw Fran, i am just testing your menumusic patch.

Fran, i will email you all my files and i'd like you to test a few teams for me.. just load up random club and national teams who needed licensed logos and tell me if you think they are ok. I think they look excellent for most teams who i have high-res logos for.

Ok here is the latest update..

I have updated all game logos (club, international) and they all work fine.

I adjusted crstt812's Heineken Cup logos as they filled the whole 256x256 and they look much better IMHO without a custom made background.

However i haven't tested Newport Dragons logos, and i think a problem might occur there as EA did not name 6 different files in the file, like 1ne
2ne, 3ne, 4ne, 5ne, 6ne but put two different 1ne's in there, so as one updates, so does the other. One should be 128 and the other 256, but they are both 256.

This probably won't cause a problem, as i can't actually find where the 128x128 and 64x64 logos are in the game. So, it shouldn't matter.

The flags are very easy, but mine look bland and dull. Tell me what you think Fran.

I would like to ask suggestions for a theme for the flags from you guys.

I had a few ideas which are..

- National Flag with small club logo overlaying
- Club colour stripes with small logo overlaying
- Single colour flag with small logo overlaying
- Big overlaying logo, like they look now with club colours background

The only other small problem i am having is the score overlay. They look nice in the game at the moment, but are quite hard to do, to get them in position with the scoreboard with the crescent shape.

Other than that, all is looking very nice indeed.

In a few days, there will be complete updated matchballs, logos, fly-in logos and correct logos for pretty much everything that is real. I haven't adjusted the World League logo, but i can make a new one if i have time.

I will thanks now to Ciais and crstt812 for making these patches possible.

Then it's back to kits, and a new look for rugby 08.

btw Fran, i am just testing your menumusic patch.

Fran, i will email you all my files and i'd like you to test a few teams for me.. just load up random club and national teams who needed licensed logos and tell me if you think they are ok. I think they look excellent for most teams who i have high-res logos for.

[/b]

That's very good indeed!
I will surely test your files with real pleasure :)

Fran, i tryed your menu music patch and it is very, very good!

All the tracks are great, real rugby type anthems and they all come up with the right text, so all is good.

Finally, i can turn the menu music back on. :)

The only bugbear i noticed was that on the first track in particular it seems quiet, but this hardly matters if you turn up the speakers up a bit and tune down the menu sfx.

Great patch!

All we need to do now is make the minikits, score overlays (which i will figure out) and the flags/banners.

Seeing as there is only really me and you active editing for the time being, it might take a while.

I can make all the graphics, it's just a case of taking out the fake ea logos from the banners etc. The rest is not noticable and i can live with.

But, certainly with everyone's effort so far this game looks much better, more realistic and plays better.

We are going to have to have a TRF Rugby 08 Patch Of The Year award!

I'm very glad you like it, unfortunately I can't put all the songs in :(

I've got a suggestion for the score overlays: can you make them like the TV ones for the WC, I mean ARG instead of the argentinian flag and so on. Is it possible?

Maybe tonight I'm going to send you my provisional roster (I'm editing Japan as I speak), here are the players I graphically modified FOR NOW (I mostly added/modified/deleted headgear, but I did other graphical things too), so you know where to look:
Patricio Albacete
Marcos Ayerza
Berrick Barnes
Serge Betsen
Steve Borthwick
Marco Bortolami
Levan Datunashvili
Santiago Dellapè
Matt Dunning
Thierry Dusautoir
Nick Easter
Carlos Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe
Carlo Festuccia
Akvsenti Giorgadze
Omar Hasan Jalil
John Hayes
Stephen Hoiles
Josh Jackson
Davit Kacharava
Denis Leamy
Wame Lewaravu
Rémy Martin (slightly modified ross munro's one)
Salvatore Perugini
Aca Ratuva
Matt Stevens
Jérôme Thion
Joe Worsley
Alefoso Yalayalatabua
Bryan Young[/b]

I can edit any graphics, including the score overlays. The files come in packages, so the fly-in logo and other files like the score overlays can all be edited.

It would be very easy to make a 3-letter text with transparent background and i can do this for every team in the game. Personally, i like the flags to remain.

I have emailed you now Fran, with all the files i have of balls, logos and everything i have done in the last 2 weeks.

Enjoy!

I can edit any graphics, including the score overlays. The files come in packages, so the fly-in logo and other files like the score overlays can all be edited.

It would be very easy to make a 3-letter text with transparent background and i can do this for every team in the game. Personally, i like the flags to remain.

I have emailed you now Fran, with all the files i have of balls, logos and everything i have done in the last 2 weeks.

Enjoy! [/b]

So that the flags remain. Maybe you're right, it's better this way ;)
I'm getting the mail now

Latest posts