Fantasy rugby draft for premiership

Shaggy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Hi guys and gals,

I have taken the liberty of starting a fantasy rugby draft for the rugby forum, for the upcoming premiership season. I have started ones for Super rugby, for the last three seasons, and as I'm yet to win one, and I don't know when to call an end to my suffering, I'm having a go at a league I know very little about :)

Fantasy Rugby Draft differs from some other fantasy rugby games, in that you have only 10 managers in a league, and each actual rugby player can only be in one managers team. The players are drafted in an on line draft, which is currently set to go at 20:00 UTC, on Sunday 18th August. The remaining undrafted players go into a pool that you can swap in for players that you have drafted, prior to the match(s) commencing. You can also trade players with other managers.

If you want to play, but can't make the draft, the system will autodraft for you, based on the highest available ranked player for the positions that need filling in your squad. I've managed to be active/competitive in some leagues, where I've missed the draft before, but the draft is a lot of the fun as well.

This game is more enjoyable/competitive if we get 10 active managers, and by active, I mean managers who check that their players are actually taking the field, so if you can commit to that, then welcome :)

You can join the league by going to www.fantasyrugbydraft.co.nz , and clicking the join a league button, and searching for TRF in private leagues, the password is trf2018

Hope to see a few of you there ... First in, first served

Take a look at this thread Shaggy:

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/rugby-magazine-fantasy-rugby-2018-19.41766/

IIRC there were 30 or so who took part last season (although numbers thinned as the season went on). Personally I don't want to commit to two leagues and was happy enough with the Rugby Magazine format, so don't want to jump ship to another, particularly one that requires me to be at my laptop at a given time. I think you're likely to find more competition if you sign up for the format that most of us are already using.

Thanks RR, I checked it out, but I try to stay away from salary capped based games, where the players can be duplicated.

I managed to fill the super rugby leagues with a combination of TRF members, inactive members, and others from the FRD FB page, and I guess the same will happen this time - just giving the current members the first opportunity, so to speak.

Anyway, it's great that you have decent numbers/healthy competition in your league, so good luck to all :)

No problem Shaggy. I would be interested to have a go at one of the draft based leagues at some point (it's not a format that you ever really see in this neck of the woods), but last season I managed to forget to make subs to my team one week, despite only having one league to worry about, so I'm not going to try and keep up with two all season long. I know what you mean about salary cap based leagues, they tend to be as good as the person who assigned the player values and how efficient they are at modifying those values as players perform above or below their initial value. The Rugby Magazine game isn't great in this regard, but I still enjoy the challenge of trying to identify "value" in terms of consistent performers over star names.

Anyhoo, thanks for the invite, I hope you get enough takers and the league works well.

Latest posts