• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Farcry: Instincts

S

Saint N Sinner

Anybody played it?

I think it is awsome, the graphics 10/10, gameplay 9/10, and the sound maybe a nice 8/10.

It looks like great fun online aswell, I would get Xbox Live just for that game if I had to.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 14 2006, 09:19 PM
Anybody played it?

I think it is awsome, the graphics 10/10, gameplay 9/10, and the sound maybe a nice 8/10.

It looks like great fun online aswell, I would get Xbox Live just for that game if I had to.

Thoughts?
I haven't played instincts, but I have the Original on PC, and that was a kick arse game at the time. Graphics were superb and the AI and maps were brilliant. Still though, it hasn't quite stood the test of time for me with games like FEAR out now... that's got better graphics than pretty much anything on the XBOX 360 so far.

I've got Far Cry Instincts on Xbox. PC version (Although a lot different) is better imo. Then again, all FPSs are. Still a great game though.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 15 2006, 11:16 AM
I've got Far Cry Instincts on Xbox. PC version (Although a lot different) is better imo. Then again, all FPSs are. Still a great game though.
True... FPS just don't feel right on console for some reason do they?

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 15 2006, 12:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 15 2006, 12:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 15 2006, 11:16 AM
True... FPS just don't feel right on console for some reason do they? [/b]
No, not the same ammount of control... Also, pretty graphics helps a lot in this genre to add to the atmosphere... For example, Doom 3 would be no more than average had it not had heartattacklingly* good visuals.

*New word.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 15 2006, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 15 2006, 11:46 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 15 2006, 12:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 15 2006, 11:16 AM

True... FPS just don't feel right on console for some reason do they?
No, not the same ammount of control... Also, pretty graphics helps a lot in this genre to add to the atmosphere... For example, Doom 3 would be no more than average had it not had heartattacklingly* good visuals.

*New word. [/b]
'heartattackingly' sounds good, but I'm more a fan of the now widespread "bleeding edge" visuals (meaning so cutting edge that you're ******* blood from everywhere).