• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

fastest player in the game

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2005, 06:42 AM
Robinson is very fast, but he is not the fastest, even over 30 metres.

His agility is outstanding, but in all out straight running, he's got some pace, but not the fastest.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 16 2005, 11:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 16 2005, 11:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 16 2005, 06:42 AM
Robinson is very fast, but he is not the fastest, even over 30 metres.

His agility is outstanding, but in all out straight running, he's got some pace, but not the fastest.
Exactly what I was trying to say. [/b]
But he begged to disagree with you.
<

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 16 2005, 05:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 16 2005, 05:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Griff
@Feb 16 2005, 05:02 AM
I would say Robinson has great acceleration and agility, but does not really have outstanding speed!!
He has awesome agility, but there is no way in hell he is by chance the "fastest player" in the game. [/b]
Can't Rococko do the 100 metre'sin in under 10 seconds? I'm pretty sure thats alot faster the robinson.

Originally posted by reyalpevlewtrepus+Feb 16 2005, 12:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reyalpevlewtrepus @ Feb 16 2005, 12:59 AM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 15 2005, 07:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-187
@Feb 15 2005, 09:13 AM
he's real good at getting injured too

<
<
<
.....very true...i hope he doesnt do it on purpose tho
<

sereli bobo should be the fastest in the game...did u see when he played for the islanders vs s.africa?...he botchd the try but cut the 40ms to the tryline in 2point something seconds...also running round paulse and montgomery rupeni style in process...hes super fast but.......super dumb
<
40m in 2.something seconds? I'm sorry, but no way would it have been that fast!

He's quick, but he's not Carl Lewis on steroids and racing fuel with a rocket launcher shoved up his ass, while being chased from behind by a Lincoln Continental full of Mobsters from New York. [/b]
well u explain the game clock moving 1 to 2 secs while he ran 40ms?...i watched the replay twice and then watched the replayed coverage...and remember i said 2.something seconds...he sprinted.

Rockococko can't do 100 metres in under 10 seconds only some top sprinters can do that.

I think he does it in about 10.6 seconds (Jonah 10.8)

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 16 2005, 11:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 16 2005, 11:47 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 16 2005, 05:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Griff
@Feb 16 2005, 05:02 AM
I would say Robinson has great acceleration and agility, but does not really have outstanding speed!!

He has awesome agility, but there is no way in hell he is by chance the "fastest player" in the game.
Can't Rococko do the 100 metre'sin in under 10 seconds? I'm pretty sure thats alot faster the robinson. [/b]
If he's that fast he'd be a genuine chance for the fastest man on earth. Unfortunately he's not.

I recon Robinson is the fastest player in the game - watch his break against wales in the world cup. Can you really imagine anyone able to catch that speed!!!

Robinson has speed off the mark - any assertion beyond this is either biased or inaccurate. I've seen him pull out of chasing many players....From the Abs alone he has given up the ghost (to avoid embarassment) against Muliaina and Howlett.

Robinson is not the fastest player, no way.

If we're talking about out and out pace, then have a look for the Harlequins winger Ugo Monye. He plays 7's for England, and is seriously quick. His pace should be in the mid to high 90s on the game.

We should ask IRB to organise a 100metre sprint for charity - top 10 fastest players in international rugby. Would love to watch that!!

Fact of the day - Jason Robinson is faster over 10 metres than Maurice GReene was whenhe broke the 100m record. Over longer distanes he's not so quick.

Monye does the 100 in 10.6 - Rocokoco, Howlett and Rupeni could all also be the quickest in the game.

IMO

The five fastest international players (one will be for theABs this year - if only in squad) are......

In no particular order (sorry I pussied out!!!!)

- Joe Rokocoko
- Sitiveni Sivivatu
- Sireli Bobo (despite the labotomy - unfortunate)
- Ohata, if you saw this guy in space you would laugh out loud - it's that scary!!
If you have - you probably did
- Rupeni Caucaunibuca

If there are issues with the Southern Hemisphere slant - sorry, but it's simply accurate. (honestly! LOL)

ALSO

If there are issues with the amount of Islanders in there (even though two will be ABs) I have two words for you - twitch fibres!!!!

Robinson is definately not the fastest but I think he will be given high (not necessarily highest) acceleration and agility- the man goes from sidestep to top speed very quickly! Monye is certainly very fast, I played fullback against his school team (same school as Wilkinson for your information) and was embarrassed on more than one occasion. I think the southern hemisphere does have the fastest men in world rugby at the moment, although getting them into space may be quite another thing!

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 16 2005, 10:16 PM
Rockococko can't do 100 metres in under 10 seconds only some top sprinters can do that.

I think he does it in about 10.6 seconds (Jonah 10.8)
Agreed

how would a 100m competition work? would you use starting blocks? if so Howlett would have the advantage. He was a spinter in school wasn't he?

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 17 2005, 04:04 AM
how would a 100m competition work? would you use starting blocks? if so Howlett would have the advantage. He was a spinter in school wasn't he?
Na just make them start the old school way!!
<
any guesses on what the line up should be and where should be held?!

pity twicekenham dosen't have a running track. coudda held it before the tsunami match

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 17 2005, 04:13 AM
pity twicekenham dosen't have a running track. coudda held it before the tsunami match
Yea that would have been great and helped raise more ££££ They could make a spoof track just for the day (paint white lines)

By the way when is the Tsunami match?

Cheers

OK I've just written to the IRB asking them if they'd organsie a 100 metre sprint competiton for charity, for the top ten fastest players in world rugby. I'll keep you posted!!

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 16 2005, 06:22 PM
OK I've just written to the IRB asking them if they'd organsie a 100 metre sprint competiton for charity, for the top ten fastest players in world rugby. I'll keep you posted!!
Doubt they will be able to agree on, or get together for that matter, the 10 fastest sprinters.

Latest posts