• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favorite Winter Sport

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jan 3 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh my God!!! all the things attached to my Ice Hockey memories are of Horror types :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend also used to play ice hockey on ponds as the ice crashed and he fell into water, it took three weeks for this boy to be healthy again, he was Critical care Unit patient

Well I see Georgians we are far from this amazing sport :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

hahaha the place i played at wasnt a pond so much as a big field they flooded which is safer i would assume, ya maybe you shouldn't play hockey anymore ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toxicfiend @ Jan 4 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jan 3 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my God!!! all the things attached to my Ice Hockey memories are of Horror types :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend also used to play ice hockey on ponds as the ice crashed and he fell into water, it took three weeks for this boy to be healthy again, he was Critical care Unit patient

Well I see Georgians we are far from this amazing sport :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

hahaha the place i played at wasnt a pond so much as a big field they flooded which is safer i would assume, ya maybe you shouldn't play hockey anymore ;)
[/b][/quote]

Yeeeah No Ice Hockey from me NO MORE until I look like this fan::::

26_b.jpg

yah the leafs are garbage... I am living in Ontario right now and everyone who supports them are a bunch of idiots... they rant and rave about the leafs when they don't know jack **** about hockey.... really ****** me off. Whatever I am hardcore habs fan and am loving the fact that we actually field a competitive team :-D

The snow is still in good condition in Georgian winterparks

what about your countries guyzzz??? do you still have opportunity to ski?

This is one of the most Winter-parks of Georgia- GUDAURI

gudauri-01.jpg

they had snow at my parents place about 2 weeks ago still its all gone here but I live in southern ontario so we get pretty mild winters comparatively speaking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Jan 13 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yah the leafs are garbage... I am living in Ontario right now and everyone who supports them are a bunch of idiots... they rant and rave about the leafs when they don't know jack **** about hockey.... really ****** me off. Whatever I am hardcore habs fan and am loving the fact that we actually field a competitive team :-D[/b]

Yeah the Canadiens are my favourite team also! But why are they called the "habs"?

its because of the H in the middle of the C on their logo...

Habs is an abbreviation of "les habitants," the informal name given to the original settlers of New France, dating back to the 17th Century. So it's a natural fit for the The Montreal Canadiens, established in 1909 and marketed as a French-Canadian hockey team. Having said that, the nickname might have been the result of an error. According to NHL.com, the first man to refer to the team as "the Habs" was Tex Rickard, owner of Madison Square Garden, in 1924. Rickard apparently told a reporter that the "H" on the Canadiens' sweaters was for "Habitants." Not true. The distinctive C-wrapped-around-H logo stands for "Club de Hockey Canadien."

allez les habs!

although I don't have any place or equipment (or skating ability) to play the sport I also go with ice hockey as a spectator being my favorite "winter" sport

my favorite ride would be a snowmobile or sled (or trash can lid down a decent slope)

Latest posts