• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite match so far?

Most prob Ire vs Arg

Was good rugby and after all the Irish fans mouthing off about how the AB's wouldn't make the semis and Ireland would demolish the Pumas it was quite an enjoyable moment.

Care to point out any of these examples? I dont know any Irish posters here, on boards.ie/rugby or any Irish people in real life who claimed the ABs wouldnt make the semis or that we'd demolish the Pumas. Id really love to see proof of "all the Irish fans" making those claims

Obviously, you wont, cos youre pulling this out of your arse... ;)

Last edited:
Nz v France was the best in my opinion but also really enjoyed AUS v ARG , I have really enjoyed watching Australia this tournament they've been awesome in defence bar afew mishaps against Scotland.

Japan v SA

Wales v Argentina

Argentina v SA

Samoa v USA

The last one because i went with my husband, son and grandson to see it, The weather was wonderful, the atmosphere really joyful and we thought the match was pretty good too!

Wales Argentina have I missed something or did you mean Ireland v Argentina ?

- - - Updated - - -

Best for me was Wales V England, followed in no particular order by -:
Oz V england,
Oz V Scotland,
Oz V Argentina,
Japan v USA,
Namibia v Georgia,
Canada v Romania,
Samoa v Japan,
Japan v Boks,
Tonga v Namibia,
Tonga v Georgia
I've watched each of these at least twice and every other game once, it's been a fantastic WC and on balance the best WC to date, I can only imagine what a fantastic spectacle Japan will give us in 2019, but it will have to go some to top this.
Of special interest is the improvement of the so called 2nd tier Nations, games involving Japan, Romania, Georgia, Namibia in particular have provided excellent viewing.

South Africa Vs. Japan.

I was lucky enough to be there in Brighton and won't be forgetting it any time soon.

between the 57th and 69th minute Wales v Australia. Best rugby I've ever experienced, amazing defence
Scot v Samoa end to end stuff
Can v Rom great comeback
S/A v Jpn great game
Argentina Team of the tournament