• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 07 Info & Vids...

G

gjohn85

Just been browsing the net & came across this form a website called Lets Play Fifa.

Here's what the gotta say;

FIFA 07, the latest product from the world's leading football video game series, will be released in late September of 2006. For those of you who cannot wait until the time has come ... here, we are updating you regulary about the new FIFA ***le with all the latest news and features information, screenshots, videos, etc.

EA SPORTSâ"¢ FIFA 07â"¢ - THE ANNOUNCED FEATURES:

EMOTIONS OF FOOTBALL: The crowd in the stadium reacts to your performance. Brillant move, nice passes, an overall ball possession and goals guarantees you an exciting crowd cheering for your team, singing, chanting, choreographing. BUT should you have trouble making the game, should you loose the control over the match, the stadium can easily calm down and the 12th player on the pitch is sent off!

INTERACTIVE LEAGUES: Take over your club and play against your rivals in the German Bundesliga, Premier League, the French or the Mexican First Division. If they play on the real pitch, it's also time for you to get on the gamepad. One match per week, like in the real world - with the original timetables from each league. If you win, your team is heading for the championship, but if you loose: It can become a shame for your club and all the fans. Weekly Podcasts with player interviews will be published on the official EA SPORTS websites and shown around the world. Become a world wide superstar of interactive football.

IMPROVED GAMEPLAY: FIFA 07 comes with a greatly imrpoved passing system and gameplay. Players collide on the pitch while they were fighting for the ball. An all new ball physic gives you a never before seen realistic "First Touch" - but beware! The pitch is getting important: Is it raining? Is the quality of the pitch poor? All of this is influencing the ball physics in FIFA 07.

STRIKERS AND GOALIES: Experience the brand-new shooting technique that allows you to have even more control over your shots and their precision.

IMPROVED MANAGEMENT MODE: Everything is real! Finances, press, fan reactions, and much more. Experience the world of a football coach. Brand-new in FIFA 07: Create your own club!

GAMING COMMUNITY: Play with up to 8 friends in the FIFA 07 lounge for the champions ***le. A new handicap system can be used to ensure equality of chances.

TOTAL AUTHENTICITY: FIFA 07 features 27 leagues from 20 different countries. More than 510 teams are licensed with their original kits and badges.

STILL UNCONFIRMED FEATURES:

- dynamic weather effects (i.e. sudden rain during the match)
- Swiss and Turkish league included
- PC version probably to feature NextGen graphic engine

The two gameplay trailers are (xbox 360 movies btw)....
Gameplay Movie 1

& Gameplay Movie 2

If the links don't work, go to lets play fifa site (link above), scroll down to the bottom, & below the (alpha) fifa 07 cover pic is two links to a website, then simply Right Click & save as to download the movies.

Fifa is looking promising, I am looking forward to this now after seeing it in action.

Looks stunning, but thats par for course with Fifa.

However;

1. The animations need a lot of work

and

2. That shitty free kick system had best be replaced.

wow those new features sound cool

especially the 12 player with the crowd.. if done right it may be as cool as the stadium pulse in ncaa 07 or march madness 2007

im pretty excited for this... i wonder if this will make the pro evo fans eat **** now..

those vids look pretty cool

the animation looks to deliberate, not free flowing. thats what i think anyway. i hope you know what i mean

I reckon the animation is just tragic

it will have to be improved

FIFA World Cup is a far cry from PES animation, and ball physics

Although FIFA's franchise mode does intrigue me, and if it has the A-League I will be getting it.

But PES is already pre-ordered........its all about the ball physics and control at ones feet, and this FIFA just looked a little shabby and too World Cup like - I know this will be improved, but will it be better than PES physics - they havent bettered them yet so cant see it now either.

And yes fully agree - The free kick system in FIFA is just a right off
PES free kick system keeps on getting better

Originally posted by DC13@Aug 2 2006, 12:27 AM
i wonder if this will make the pro evo fans eat **** now..
It wouldn't matter if it was the greatest game ever, and free, PES/PS2 ke-ke fanboys would still and say things like "PES pwns j00 F1f4 coz its da bomb".

You know, as if their the only player to ever play it or somthing.

You guys seem to have fallen into the marketing trap that is EA Sports.

PES is vastly superior in terms of graphics and gameplay. The two things that count most in any football game. Every year, EA just trundle out the same old game, with a few graphic updates, new rosters and shirts (which look shite beyond belief) and some crappy new feature that isn't that great.
I had a conversation with DC13 on msn the other week, he said to me that FIFA was better. Why? Because it's got more teams. Sure, if your wanting to play as your favourite team then get FIFA. If you want realistic gameplay, go with PES. PES has got La Liga, Serie A, Eredvisa, and quite a few other clubs. Sadly, it is lacking on the national team licences (though that has grown now. England, Italy and Spain to name but a few are now licenced) but that's really it. The players look realistic, the game play is nice and tight (perhaps more appealing to Scottish fans given the pace of our game). Konami have features ingame, which they don't show off in some glossy OTT marketing campaign. You never score the same goal twice, you get all kinds of realistic features. Bounce balls, advantages, goals being chalked off for being offside, different free kick and dribble animations. These are just a couple of things off of the top of my head.

So to sum up:

Buy FIFA to play as your favourite team
Buy PES to have a realistic soccer sim.

Gamplay depends on what you want out of a football game.

Personally, I want scor 12 goals and conseed 6 in a match, rather then have 0-0 draws or loose 1-0. Why? Because it's fun. Therefore I buy Fifa games.

As for the visuals and presentation in PES being better then Fifa, your joking, right?

i dont understand how PES can be a more realistic sim when more than half the teams and players are made up

Originally posted by DC13@Aug 2 2006, 05:42 PM
i dont understand how PES can be a more realistic sim when more than half the teams and players are made up
He's refering to the way the game is played, not the number of leagues.

And he's right, it is a more realistic simulation. Much like how Gran Turismo is more realistic then Burnout.

Even if it is far more boring also.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Aug 3 2006, 04:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Aug 2 2006, 05:42 PM

And he's right, it is a more realistic simulation. Much like how Gran Turismo is more realistic then Burnout.

Even if it is far more boring also. [/b]
ive never put in more than 4 goals in a game on fifa

sure it may not be as realistic.. but it still provides fun, realistic manager mode

if i wanted to play real soccer i'd go outside and pay :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DC13+Aug 2 2006, 05:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 3 2006, 04:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Aug 2 2006, 05:42 PM

Even if it is far more boring also.
ive never put in more than 4 goals in a game on fifa

sure it may not be as realistic.. but it still provides fun, realistic manager mode [/b]
Does it ********.

Get a copy of "Football Manager 2006" from Sega then compare.

I dont need to be told otherwsie but PES for pure gameplay
FIFA for franchise depth, and gloss

I have World Cup X360, and its worse than any PES game...just doesnt have that true feeling that PES delivers

I'll get both if FIFA07 can step up a notch.

I'd rather realistic scorelines which would depict realistic gameplay I presume.

a hard fought 0-0 draw is better than a 4-4 draw

I'm sorry but PES is far better than FIFAs graphics. For a start, the players in FIFA look horrible, shiny and like victims of 3rd degree burns to the face. The shirts are blurred, and the player model is horrible!

1.jpg

PES5-3-large.jpg

Sure...

lol i see a lot of rigid right angle body parts in that PES shot..

and i know the manager mode in fifa 06 isnt as good as sega's but what do you expect froma company that needed a seperate game for a world cup mode...

Originally posted by Gamespot First Play
LOS ANGELES--Earlier today, during a visit to Konami's E3 booth, we were able to spend some quality time with a PlayStation 2 demo of Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007, which will be ***led Pro Evolution Soccer 6 in Europe. The demo featured only six international teams and a single stadium, but after two quick matches against a Konami PR person from the UK we needed no more convincing that Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka and his development team at KCET have once again found numerous ways to improve upon what was already a superb game engine.

Before our first match had even gotten underway, we noticed that the international teams we had chosen to play with were wearing authentic uniforms, and also that the likenesses of famous players like David Beckham and Gary Neville were more convincing than ever before. Things only got better once the ball started moving. Not only were the players under our control very responsive when in possession of the ball or defending, but their animations were totally convincing and included new feints, heel passes, and jostling when two opposing players are competing for a header. CPU-controlled players doing their thing off-the-ball were also impressive, largely because they were doing a great job not only of making runs and moving into space, but also of pointing to indicate where they'd like us to pass the ball to them.

Although dribbling the ball in Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 certainly appears to be a little easier than in previous games in the series, passing and shooting has been made a little more challenging. Your passes won't always find their target players simply because you were pointing your player in something vaguely resembling the right direction, and when you shoot, you'll find that the accuracy of your shot depends largely on the shape of the striker's body when the shot button is pressed. Shots that we unleashed immediately after beating a defender with a deft turn, for example, were often way off target, simply because our player was still off-balance.

Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 definitely plays a more attack-minded game of soccer than its predecessors, but that certainly hasn't come at the expense of the game's defensive play. Defensive players are every bit as responsive as their attacking colleagues, and you'll retain the ball much more often after well-executed sliding tackles than has been the case previously.

Although the demo on display at E3 is quite limited, we managed to grab a few minutes with a Konami representative who was kind enough to tell us about some of the other new features that will appear in the finished game. Additional licensed uniforms for club and international teams will undoubtedly add to the game's sense of realism, while a new random match-generator mode will be great for players who want nothing more than to get into the game as quickly as possible. Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 will also include a new "international challenge" mode that tasks you with leading your chosen international team through the qualifying rounds and finals of a major international tournament--don't be surprised if the tournament structure is similar to that of a certain competition kicking off in Germany next month. We look forward to bringing you more information on the game soon.
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/winn...tml?sid=6150260

So it seem that they have gone more attack based, which could make it interesting especially as in recent years they have tried to be more defensive and i feel this has been noticed in there sales so maybe that is why they are going to old Attacking way.. Cant wait for both games... major console sellers i think...

Latest posts