• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa 11

GG more than held his own. I would hardly call it a beating, especially since you are on manual. The problem I have with manual is that I feel that because of the delay (power bar) when trying to hit longer passes it slows the play. If I think of a play I want to carry it out immediately and not feel hampered by the programming.
<O:p</O:p
However, manual would definitely feel more rewarding once you have mastered it. GG do you find enough players using it online?<O:p</O:p

GG more than held his own. I would hardly call it a beating, especially since you are on manual. The problem I have with manual is that I feel that because of the delay (power bar) when trying to hit longer passes it slows the play. If I think of a play I want to carry it out immediately and not feel hampered by the programming.
<O:p</O:p
However, manual would definitely feel more rewarding once you have mastered it. GG do you find enough players using it online?<O:p</O:p

I added some of these players near NZ....the longer the lag the harder the game is to play manual...

PS3 MANUAL PLAYERS

UK

CrazySaint
CTFCced
CypherUK
dan0956
Decker33
DigitalPein
Divadinho94
earth_angel79
eddie2504
Fodder007
footyking10
gillo45
Heimdall_3
jc-83_2
joe_thered
jungledon99
Jyla
LiamC92
Maka1974
MaxCovergold
mokeyjoe1980
Oswinner
pjk1976
PlanD_
Richo_EFC1878
ShakesUK
SLICKMOTION
Smeltzerinho
speeches123
Trotskii
Valanthe
VanillaBear505
villanut

EUROPE

Always Manual
athletic-club
Balazska01
dam007
DjonJuan
EnomisTheArtist
EriFre
kroketJL
LarsAlban
manuels90
Mazures
obbe123
Premature
Ris8
Tjodd
rolandvg99
Virtinsanity
ze-pequinho1983
Zilli_Vanilli

AMERICAS

AAPC
cepwin
deejay_mandy
deep_shadow129
dejilinho
dtkesh
FifaBaje73
Guido_CLB
Guimengo
Gomercino
nvinceable1
praying-mantis32
subiya
USNT-MAC
WeirdAdd
wfry36
ZDBR

REST OF WORLD

adflondon (Aus)
chaosd3nny (Aus)
konini7 (NZ)
Maxxoff (Aus)
mikkez9 (Singapore)
Nooca_7 (Aus)
ProPersian (Persia)
Skyl1ght (Aus)
Skorpio678 (Aus)
SUPERVERITECH (Aus)
The_Kid7780 (Aus)

XBOX 360 MANUAL PLAYERS

UK

Anon Fisher
Appswah
clubs29
CrAzY W0lf1992
Deception Uk
Digital Pein
DISCOBISCUIT74
g kakuta
hazzabee38
i will bat joe
II Des II
Ive Got A Fat 1
JoeH UK
mastersplinterg
nadgethfc
OI MUSH THUGGIE
RobbieboyHQ
RSL iFusion
ShakesUK
TanOrph
tazza84
The Elvis Jesus
The SFC Chris
tm1985
Tna X venom
Trequartista 23
Ventieeeeee
webb95
x TrembleB4me x

EUROPE

ACE | Dragon
alpenmonster
becksinh0
Beholderrulezzz
cryo75
Heikki 360
jmonfu
Lon3gunm4n
Milton87
Mongolourk
NeO4CooL
Puluzu 2
sevix real
SNY08
SVWole
VaaraTommy
xGons1x

AMERICAS

brianzwb32
Chaz R
DBlat
DIRTY 230
eheskey11
jozyUSA17
k torp
KiloCody08
MarconisRadio
MDC4MATT
N0 L1MIT KILLA
MUFCrw7
Nammer86
rcperilli
Room360
Socalibrphenom
xn3t0x
ZeroKabuki

REST OF WORLD

Altimaden (Aus)
CalcioCalabrese (Aus)
colgringo97 (Aus)
darksh1nes1991 (Aus)
Nerazzurri_1010 (HK)

A lot of these guys are very good with manual. They are very accurate with their passes...it is just the delay in passing it which slows them down.

Haha just found out how to make custom soundtracks from my ps3 music! No more listening to Fifa's default music crap.

This game just gets better and better:)

Have decided not to play assisted at all anymore. Manual all the way!

Fully manual controls. Means you have to direct and power every single pass, shot, cross, through-ball completely manually without any assistance from the game.

It can be switched on by going on controller settings and there are the above listed areas and more that can be switched between either assisted, semi-assisted and manual.

Yep thats full manual...quite hard to do...but you feel like YOU are playing...

I lost every game I played online yesterday...so yeah don't try manual if you hate losing...its a long hard road.

I played this guy 4 times and he was beating me 3-0 every game. I could not get the ball off him in the midfield...he was doing give and go every time he passed. Finally in the second half of the fourth game I gave up trying to get possession and just waited till he got up to my box and watched his runners rather than watching the ball. He never scored in that second half...I don't think he even got any chances. I got ready to play the fifth game and the guy declined! Just when I was getting the hang of defending his play the guy decides to move on. Sad fella lol!

He had a very good formation...his players seemed to be everywhere!

I was debating whether to get FIFA11 for xbox. I did notice WC2010 was much more realistic (if yo can say that) than FIFA10 in actual gameplay. I have FIFA10, that'll last forever (as i'm not really to bothered about kits as they change so often) but is FIFA11 worth getting, if you have the other 2 games?

Thinking about it as well, i only have about 4 games for my xbox, so maybe someone could recommend some?

I used to like Metal Gear Solid on PS.. the rugby games i know about.. and the NBA games i have. So maybe just one of the COD type games. There's so many though, it's hard to know what to get.

Well it is sad that Rugby WC11 is coming out next month...cos after 11 months I finally am enjoying manual of Fifa 11

f you do decide to master manual...it will take many months to get the hang of it....but then you can transfer those skills much more easily to the next version of Fifa than assisted players can. Assisted players are totally reliant on how each new version decide the assisted passing will work. If Fifa 12 assisted plays differently than Fifa 11 assisted the players have to readjust. Some of them don't like changing and so many of them will come on here and say how bad Fifa 12 is....what they are really saying in Fifa 12 assisted does not assist them the way Fifa 11 assisted did.
Manual players do not have that big a learning curve to go through when they switch to the next version as DIRECTION is always of their choice. The only differences between each version is the timing of the powering up.

I started full manual when I got Fifa 11 on launch....all other Fifa versions I had a combination of manual, semi and assisted.

After a few weeks I started to get the hang of it...but I knew last year I would not have mastered it at a decent level until August 2011.

Now I am one month off from August 2011...and I have to say my progress is right where I expected it to be. I would say I am 80% as good on manual as I would like to be.

That 80% though...is quite amazing....I love it! I don't go back to assisted anymore because assisted is too difficult compared to how I play manual. Assisted has all these random passes coming out where I am thinking "Um no...thats not where I wanted the ball to go"....manual for me is the only accurate way to pass now.

I will share with you some things that I learnt over the last 11 months that made manual easier for me.

First thing you need to know is...camera angle is VERY important when playing manual. Higher camera angles work best...so perhaps co-op zoomed out and as HIGH as possible. The higher the camera angle the more accurate the pass...the lower the camera angle to the ground the less accurate your passes will be. You can see more when you are higher up and the angles are bigger....bigger angles mean more accuracy.

Second thing to know....there are different delays on the pass coming out AFTER you have let go of the button. So you power up...and then let go....but the ball leaving the foot does not happen instantaneously with all the buttons when you let go of the button. Different buttons have different timing when you let go of the button. This is CRUCIAL in understanding why some of your passes can be so inaccurate.

Thirdly.....online with manual only works when it is people close to you where the game has no to little lag...so all 3 green bars showing would be a good match. I just call my mate who lives on the same mainland as me to have a game online as there is no lag. Lagging manual online will get you killed.

Anyway...regarding the buttons...it is important to know that with manual...you use the buttons anyway you see fit...you can pass with any button (except the shoot button in your own half) and you can shoot with any button. So its best to get out of your head the usual descriptions for each button and in fact see each button as how you decide to use it.

The first button to learn for manual players....is the TRIANGLE button.
The triangle button is the safest ground pass button to use. It is the most accurate and the quickest to come off the foot after you release it. Because there is no delay when you let go of the button after powering up it is the most accurate regarding direction. You can do wonderful passes with the triangle button. Long fully powered passes from one side of the field to the other are very accurate. It is the best button to use when selecting one of your players and missing out the others.When you are in a jam you can use this pass to find empty space away from all the action and it will go there without hitting your other players closer to the action. The lobbed triangle up-field is very effective down the wings and also when doing a short cross within the box. This pass even when not on the money has the receiver running towards it to pick it up. You can create amazing passes with the triangle as the ball will not get picked up by your nearest support player but instead be picked up be the person you are powering up for. So many times I have passed to an unmarked player further out and my opponent was fooled when marking the player in the path of the ball...who simply runs past it. The triangle is the best button for all manual players to use if they like a short passing game. You cannot play a quick ping pong style game though with the triangle pass due to it needing loading.
The x button is good for snappy passes as it does not need as much powering up to get mid distance. However it can be very inaccurate with power. The receiver also is slow to go and receive the ball.The x pass is a harder pass to learn...but it has to be mastered if you decide to quickly knock the ball around ala ping pong style.
The one two pass (L1 and x) is the most inaccurate of all the passes as it does not come out instantly when you release the x button. So what often happens is you let go of the button and expect a pass to come out and then move the left stick forward getting ready for the next pass...however because the first pass did not come out it means you have changed the direction of that pass....so when it does come out it is going in the wrong direction. The best way to do one twos is to be VERY light on powering up and to not think of it as a normal x pass.
Driven lob (L1 and square) is good if there is space to do it across the field but be aware that the defenders love to intercept this pass. So you have to really be sure of it.
Shooting is basically down to experience...after missing thousands of times you get to narrow down your aim...and like real life eventually you learn to put it in the net from EXPERIENCE rather than from actual looking at the goal and aiming. You will be in a position to shoot...and from experience of shooting from that same spot and missing and getting...eventually you will know what angle will be a good chance and what angle will be a miss. It takes a LOT of games before you feel comfortable shooting. The best thing to do is to try and shoot on EVERY chance....and then hope out of 10 shots on goal that one of them will go in. Law of probability.

There are other nuances with manual passing that don't make sense at first but you get the hang of it with experience. The one touch passes have their own set of rules due to direction you are facing and other factors. The powering up of one touch passes are also different and the ball comes off the foot at speeds that you would not happen if it was not a one touch pass.

Latest posts