• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

fight night round 2

yeah awesome...but still no one punch knock-outs

the most unrealistic thing is that you hav to knock a guy out like 3 or 4 times b4 he decides that he'll hav a rest

im an islander...only one hitter quiters

That was the same with the original Fight Night. You could tell... he'd get up before 5 on the first knockdown... then around 6-8... then maybe 8-9 then out.

Never did think that the R analog worked that well for the punches... I found it was better still using the buttons. Didn't feel like the R let me do what I wanted to do quick enough.

na its gud man...very original and opens a whole new use for an otherwise useless joystick
<
....the seasons very cool too but not much depth in training...u know

id like to do what rocky balboa does and go rambo tramping up mountains and running thru the streets wit little kids following me....

ADDDRRIIANN!!!!!

Yeah I've got it, very good game.

You really need to get used to the right analog stick as haymakers can only be used with the stick. Brilliant fun, although I haven't played it in over a week....

ive had a career fight where i knocked my opponent(david tua look alike) out as he fell he got stuck to the ropes so i kept on laying into him with haymakers then all of a sudden the fight stops cause the coach threw in the towel....how mad is that!

My only gripe is how easy it is to pull off haymakers. Other than that its a very good game. I make a note to myself to try and not do too many haymakers as it just becomes too damn easy.

have you done career?

cause when it comes to ***le fights it goes down to the last round

juss today it was looking to be equal on the scorecard and it was the lastround so i had to knock him out for the whole round we were lashing out no blocking haymakers everywhere i finally parried him and knocked him out with a haymaker.....he didnt get up.......*sigh* i love this game!

btw because of the fight i was late to church

damn.....I nearly hired this game out last night but at the last second i chose Driv3r.

This driv3r game is actually very good graphically compared to GTA The dynamic lightning is unbelievable. Also when you switch to that action cam as you are about to smash into something.....amazing!!!

Anyway back to fight night 2. What major differences have they done since the first one?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 18 2005, 11:51 AM
damn.....I nearly hired this game out last night but at the last second i chose Driv3r.

This driv3r game is actually very good graphically compared to GTA The dynamic lightning is unbelievable. Also when you switch to that action cam as you are about to smash into something.....amazing!!!

Anyway back to fight night 2. What major differences have they done since the first one?
Driv3r sucks nuts. Fight Night is a very good game, just played it again today and won the Light-Heavyweight ***le in 9 rounds and 6 knock downs
<
I got knocked down 3 times.

A very bizzarre fight that was. Haymakers everywhere, I used up way too much energy.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Apr 17 2005, 10:56 PM
My only gripe is how easy it is to pull off haymakers.
na thats how it shud be man...stupid boxers who throw haymakers..wil not only get tired but will get counterd alot...i wud love to play online tho...get my beans

the cut manz repetitive and i usually skip.....but clinchings cool saves my arse alot
<
<
<

yo kinkon i luv those moments man when you corner them...and punish the **** outta em when they k.o'd....great fun combo the dude while juggling em on da ropes...the most i got after k.o was 7 but that was on part1

i went thru career undefeated 3titles....40wins,40 k.o's on normal...ima step up another level now and go on hard with another no namer
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 18 2005, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Apr 18 2005, 11:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Apr 17 2005, 10:56 PM
My only gripe is how easy it is to pull off haymakers.
na thats how it shud be man...stupid boxers who throw haymakers..wil not only get tired but will get counterd alot...i wud love to play online tho...get my beans

the cut manz repetitive and i usually skip.....but clinchings cool saves my arse alot
<
<
<

yo kinkon i luv those moments man when you corner them...and punish the **** outta em when they k.o'd....great fun combo the dude while juggling em on da ropes...the most i got after k.o was 7 but that was on part1

i went thru career undefeated 3titles....40wins,40 k.o's on normal...ima step up another level now and go on hard with another no namer
<
[/b]
Yes, but the thing is, they don't lose enough energy. You could pul off about 10-15 Haymakers (enough to get the opposition health all the way down) in only one round, and still have almost all of your energy left.

Besides, what I was saying is that they are too easy to land aswell. You can wind back for one and in the process take a quick jab or hook to the head but still land a killer blow on the opposition.

Hired it out for the first time over the weekend.

Best Boxing Sim to date. Excellent game!

The game actually makes you look good. Makes you look like you have super fast reflexes. Though just like real boxing a lot of your defence is by instinct rather than by reaction.

Didn't have the book when I hired the game so I don't know how to do haymakers. Apart from that it was really a step up from FN2 with the blocking anytime (moving, dodging) system. Just like real life. Clinching is anither great idea (like real life), though i didn't learn that either.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 18 2005, 10:51 AM

I might pick up Driv3r. Can you give me the low down on it?

Driv3...similar to GTA, but better graphically than GTA. Also the driving is better. There is one stage where you have to load 3 cars onto a truck, talk about motoring it. In the end I had to use bikes and it was a luck thing if you got off the truck and there was a bike close by. Using the topless girls cheat made things enjoyable when you weren't driving like a maniac.

Note.....you have to be proficient at driving games in general to be good at this. Otherwise get GT4 and learn to drive. If you can't drive driving games where you use handbrakes as well then you might as well forget it.

Other quick game modes as well.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 12:54 PM
Driv3...similar to GTA, but better graphically than GTA.  Also the driving is better.  There is one stage where you have to load 3 cars onto a truck, talk about motoring it.  In the end I had to use bikes and it was a luck thing if you got off the truck and there was a bike close by.  Using the topless girls cheat made things enjoyable when you weren't driving like a maniac.

Note.....you have to be proficient at driving games in general to be good at this.  Otherwise get GT4 and learn to drive.  If you can't drive driving games where you use handbrakes as well then you might as well forget it.

Other quick game modes as well.
I'd get GT4 if I had a PS2 so I'm more of a PC gamer until the PS3 comes out. I just read the review on gamespy, didn't fare too well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
A bloated and failed attempt to steal GTA's crown? Pretty much, yeah.[/b]

Is that how you saw it GG?

Yeah it was a failed attempt. Though GTA is a bit weak in some areas and that is where DRIV3R focussed on. It is these areas that people like me (who were a bit disappointed in GTA) enjoyed a lot.

Think like this. GTA is the Sims driving incidently. DRIV3R is GT4 going to meet the Sims. So your choice or preference determines which one you like. If you like interaction first, then play GTA. If you like driving first, then play DRIV3R.

I obviously liked the driving.

Back to the boxing. Good that the ONLY way to do haymakers is to use the analogue stick. Haha.........just when you thought you could get away without using it!

GG, you should have watched the non-interactive tutorial videos. Tells you exactly how to do Haymakers and clinching. They're found under the Extras section I think.

Damn..............I knew I should have checked there.
<

Actually I enjoyed the game on hard not using haymakers. It was funny seeing the stats afterwards when your opponent has thrown 200 of them and you threw nil. I hope when I learn it that the haymakers don't kill the game as I am barely hanging in there going through the ranks on hard to the heavyweight ***le. It feels good as I would hate it if I started haymaking the crap out of the computer. At the moment I have to use tactics and constantly look for the weaknesses in each opponent as each fight changes shape, now this is real boxing
<

Pity we can't use our own music from the XBox for entrances.