• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight Night Round 2

U

USArugger

Still waiting for NCAA Baseball so I borrowed this one from a buddy. Pretty good game. Anyone play this? I am trying to figure out whether I need to spend the money on a cutman, a trainer, etc... Interesting...

I created a short middleweight and I won the amateur ***le. Now I'm a pro... 3-0 with three KOs.

soon ull get so much money ull be able to afford all that stuff, u start winning fights for 100,000 plus, in the pros u get much more money. i bought the game a while ago and found i forgot about it but it is a good buy for £20. multiplayer is really fun get ur buddy round and play!

Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Feb 6 2006, 07:53 AM
soon ull get so much money ull be able to afford all that stuff, u start winning fights for 100,000 plus, in the pros u get much more money. i bought the game a while ago and found i forgot about it but it is a good buy for £20. multiplayer is really fun get ur buddy round and play!
Yep...definitely the best boxing game to date. The ability to still back away or swerve while keeping the gloves up was a feature a long time coming.

Worth every cent....especially if you get your freinds around to play. However like real life they will get frustrated and throw the pad at you when they realise they can't hit you
<
.....better to let them fight with people at their level first before taking you on
<

my cousin broke 2 controllers cos he got so frustrated, he threw them at the wall cos he couldnt win hehehe.

Seen the demo of fight night on the 360.Personally I have got a lot of gripes with EA as a company (workers rights, monopolising the industry, etc) but when they get it right, they really get it RIGHT. Fight Night 360 is right out of the park, fantastic and the best reason I have seen for getting a 360 yet.

Rocky on the the Sega Megadrive is still the boxing game to beat though
<

Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Feb 7 2006, 05:41 AM
FN rd3 gonna be ps2 or ps3?
PS2 AND XBOX AND XBOX360

I reckon ps3 will get round 4..........heck there is no release date, price or even confirmed launch ***les yet :D

Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Feb 8 2006, 07:51 AM
doesnt most boxing finish after 10 rounds at the most?
yeah ur right

but if it gets to 10 rounds in the EA franchise, it will just be renamed with a year after it

or perhaps..............EA SPORTS DON KING ADVENTURES

I was just watching hatton vs tyzu and im pretty sure Tyzu threw it in in the 11th round.

Either way, you can change to 12 to 15 rounds in the options so im sure they wont hesitate to do that, and im sure the world will have ended by the time they get to 15.

Personally, I think they should have stuck with KO kings for a ***le.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 09:00 AM
Personally, I think they should have stuck with KO kings for a ***le.
whilst KO Kings had a good ring to it, personally Fight Night, is the brand for me.

I dont mind tuning into ESPN's Friday Night Fights.

Although KO Kings, like Madden, became a household name a few years back.

But again Fight Night is a household name now aswell

I cant wait for round 3

no health hud
3 impact punches
ESPN coverage
Classic Bouts
rivalries
no scorecard details (until after decision)so u dont know whoms going to win a decision...suspense
next generation

i mean how good is the no health hud.............its all in the graphics now.......watch his face clinch, as i land a good haymaker, and see his nose bend/break, or his eye socket give.........

i mean ****, :bravo: :cheers:

haymakers can be thrown to easily on rnd 2, they r less...."special"

Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Feb 8 2006, 09:48 AM
haymakers can be thrown to easily on rnd 2, they r less...."special"
i agree

thats all i did in the end...even in 2 player.........duck, weave, then haymaker combo

apparantly its been fined tuned in round 3, so its alot harder to connect, and even easier to block/parry and counter, if thrown upon yourself

they have again fined tuned the biffing to be more like real boxing...which is good, but again, i hope they dont go too far down the simulation line, coz there's noithing like beating the AI to a pulp in less than 4 rounds

if they want to make it fully simulated, they gotto up the SURPRISE KO punch, to happen more frequently

in real life if someone really connects, the opponent will rarely get up.

Will they have flash knock outs? They havent had flash knockouts since ko kings 99 i think. They are part of boxing and should be there. I know they have flash knock downs, im talking about planting a haymaker on someone at anytime, and knocking them out cold, fight over. I remember in ko kings 99 i knocked out holyfield with lewis by landing a haymaker as the first punch of the fight. It didnt happen often, but its cool when it does.

Hey AK, are you gonna be able to wait for the 360 version, or will you get xbox or ps2 first on the 9th?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 03:25 PM
Hey AK, are you gonna be able to wait for the 360 version, or will you get xbox or ps2 first on the 9th?
nah i'll wait

i'll be playing rugby06 and Rc06 right thru to 360 launch

no other game will see the light of day until next gen

Latest posts