16. Connie Powell
17. Hannah Botterman
18. Maud Muir
19. Cath O'Donnell
20. Poppy Cleall
21. Lucy Packer
22. Holly Aitchison
23. Abby Dow

Mods: Do you want this in here? or in International Test Matches?
Equally - do you want seperate threads for each match? each pool? each weekend? or just one continues WRWC thread?

We're still feeling our way around the board's lady parts, we have a lot of learning to do, what goes where etc - I'm sure we'll get better with experience.

Last edited:
Looks like England aren't taking any chances against Fiji who are a bit of a mystery team having done well at 7s, bit not really much at 15s.

Got France next weekend, so won't want to get caught cold. Build a score, get the bench on early, and look to build an aura, and sharpness (and we looked to have both in the warm-ups)
Can do some rotation against SA - who are better than Fiji, but shouldn't be a problem, meaning that everyone should have had a run-out ahead of the QFs

View attachment 15216
TJs: Lauren Jenner & Maria Beatrice

Fiji:
1. Iris Verebalavu
2. Vika Matarugu
3. Siteri Rasolea
4. Asinate Serevi
5. Sereima Leweniqila
6. Sulita Waisega
7. Ema Adivitaloga
8. Karalaini Naisewa

9. Lavena Cavuru
10. Merewalesi Rokouono
11. Vitalina Naikore
12. Sesenieli Donu
13. Raijieli Laqeretabua
14. Alowesi Nakoci
15. Roela Radiniyavuni

16. Bitila Tawake
17. Bulou Vasuturaga
18. Mereoni Namositava
19. Merevesi Ofakimalino
20. Raijieli Daveua
21. Akosita Ravato
22. Ana Roqica
23. Melaia Matanatabu

England:
1. Vickii Cornborough
2. Amy Cokayne
3. Sarah Bern
4. Zoe Aldcroft
5. Abbie Ward
6. Alex Matthews
7. Sadia Kabeya
8. Sarah Hunter

9. Leanne Infante
10. Zoe Harrison
11. Claudia MacDonald
12. Helena Rowland
13. Emily Scarratt
14. Lydia Thompson
15. Ellie Kildunne

16. Connie Powell
17. Hannah Botterman
18. Maud Muir
19. Cath O'Donnell
20. Poppy Cleall
21. Lucy Packer
22. Holly Aitchison
23. Abby Dow

Mods: Do you want this in here? or in International Test Matches?
Equally - do you want seperate threads for each match? each pool? each weekend? or just one continues WRWC thread?

We're still feeling our way around the board's lady parts, we have a lot of learning to do, what goes where etc - I'm sure we'll get better with experience.
Personally think it should be in international test section

England's game management hasn't been the best, but will run riot through fitness in the 2nd half.

Maybe a thread for each weekend?

Didn't watch the first two games, it england is going to be pretty hard to beat. Fiji aren't even that bad.

Black ferns wallaroos was a pretty good game. Two yellows at the same time, resulting in 14 points, against the wallaroos, made the difference.

But black ferns showed some good skills to execute some plays, although they still made a lot of errors.

If they were to give away anywhere near that amount of penalties in their own half against England they would lose by at least 30 points, so they'll have to tidy that up.

Wallaroos played quite well at times, should be a good World Cup.

Yeah I think thread for each weekend is a good idea.

Watched a little bit of france South Africa. South Africa was better than expected but France's class showed through.

New Zealand vs australia was a great game. I really thought australia was gonna pull it off considering how hard it is to beat a team three times on the run. Great comeback by the ferns, should be proud.

I thought fiji looked impressive in the first half. Played really entertaining rugby with some good skill. England was just way too oiled a machine in the second though.

Happy enough for 1 thread per weekend - trouble is, watching the recording later, have to stay away for longer (eg, now, as I've just finished Fiji v England, and Aus v NZ is just about to start - and has already been talked about).
Obviously, that's fine once sign-posted as such.

How the hell is that not red for Aus 7?

Shoulder to face, with force does not make "low danger"and no mitigation does not make "therefore yellow"

**** like this is not helping me to love rugby.
And they're not even doing an HIA? WTF?

How the hell is that not red for Aus 7?

Shoulder to face, with force does not make "low danger"and no mitigation does not make "therefore yellow"

**** like this is not helping me to love rugby.
And they're not even doing an HIA? WTF?
I can see how they made tha call because in real time it didn't look like a lot of force, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were passive.

Sorry about the spoilers

Looking forward to seeing what happens in USA vs Italy, to see where USA is at compared to six nations countries. If Italy win I'll be afraid of Scotland and wales beating the black ferns. Certainly france beat the black ferns last year more comprehensively than they beat scotland and wales.

Actually even Ireland, who isn't in the World Cup, might beat the black ferns, based on last years results.

If you are all are talking about the second Australian yellow (on the captain?) I thought it was pk only. Seemed to be really low force but again I think I saw it in slow motion 20 times in the TMO review.

Italy could be a tough one. The US has been up and down so it's tough to predict how we'll show up.

italy shot themselves in the foot so many times but still came away with a bonus point win. Lots of unforced errors but they have lots of talent and some great ball carriers. Inside center can do a lot.

We really struggled in the line out so everytime we got territory it went to waste.

Apart from england and france at the top, Japan at the bottom, games between the rest of the teams are going to be competitive.

Latest posts