• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Final: Sharks vs Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drama was there. The players were very comitted. Nevertheless none of the team was very tactical. There were many handling mistakes too.

The Habana try reminded me Vincent Clerc's one versus Ireland during the 6N.

Final comment the refereeing has to improve. Many forward passes were not penalized. I don't mention the decoy runners or the knock-ons in the rucks.

aww i caught the reply of the game, and i admit, i felt for the Sharks!!

that one conversion, and that kick right on full time didn't go out, that was heartbreaking!!

Just imagine how they must feel.

Playing to the top of the table over the entire Super 14, then outplaying the bulls for a good 79 mintes, then LOSING by A SINGLE point in the 82 minute.

They must have felt gutted, to an unbelievable extent.

I agree with Naas though, they really should make a trophy for the team that tops the log.

<div class='quotemain'>
The Habana try reminded me Vincent Clerc's one versus Ireland during the 6N.
[/b]
Do you have to keep bringing that up?
[/b][/quote]

You look like a Sharks supporter ...

great game :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I do think vd westhuysen is a complete c*** with his gay o-look-at-me-im-a-super-duper-cool-back-and-I-loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove-god-shirt :S
but good game from both sides :D
sertain to watch it for a couple of times :D

I agree with Naas though, they really should make a trophy for the team that tops the log.
[/b]
No one cares in the NRL who wins the minor premiership.

If the minor premiers don't win the major cup then that little trophy is a constant reminder of how they choked when it mattered.

.....honestly...exactly how hard is it to put a ball out? Don't players know how to run a ball out or even backwards past their own dead ball line??? Or even roll it forward and dive on it again (a knock on is not a penalty so it cannot restart the game after the hooter).

Didn't see the match because I was on the road - but it sounds like Steyn made two bad kicking mistakes. Didn't Crusaders do something like that a few weeks ago against the Sharks, not playing smart after the hooter?

Anyway, point is that players do it so often that you'd have to wonder if the situation on the pitch is as clear to the players as it seems from the stands, or to the TV audience. Exhaustion after 100+ minutes of rugby intensity makes you do strange things.

There was an example from the Guinness Premiership a couple of months ago (I think) where an outhalf kicked the ball from his own 22 across his own goal-line a few minutes before the hooter, thinking that would end the match - it resulted in a restart. Maybe they just don't hear, or don't have time to check.

In the 6N, Wales kicked a penalty to touch against Italy with 10 secs to go, but the lineout wasn't taken before the hooter - game over. And Ireland tried to keep the phases going against Italy after the hooter to run up more points, but Italy took possession and notched a score that arguably gave the championship to France.

My favourite match-finisher is Peter Stringer, Munster's #9 - always alert to the ticking clock, and when his team has the lead and full time passes he ALWAYS lashes the ball into the stands. It's a trademark for him. But then he didn't do it in Ireland's 6N match against Italy. Doh!

It's so confusing - unless you're in the stands.

Well done Bulls!!! As you can imagine I am still in pain and will be for a long time. As for the game itself it was great in terms of intensity, but lacked in all other areas and particulary worrying as per usual with SA rugby is the back line play was **** poor.

The poor centers they watched the whole game as they were never given the ball. I really doubt an England C team will be to concerned and as for the Blacks and Ozzies they will not be losing to much sleep.

A good but strange Super 14 and I don`t think it was just because the top 22 All Blacks were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts