Button picks up his first GP victory

125150208_f6796e111f_m.jpg

Final order;

1. Button (GP)
2. De La Rosa (Spa)
3. Hiedfield (Ger)
4. Barrachello (Bra)
5. Coulthard (GB)

Thought it was funny when the commentator said, when Button was 4 miles from the end, 'that's about as far as it is from his home in Frome to his local pub.' That's utter rollocks; there's a pub across the road from his dad's old garage. It's all of 15m away.

Still, nice to see him finally take the final step. Together with Jon Clarke, he's doing the Frome name proud.

Sky Sports;

Maiden win for Button in Hungary

button_hungary_win_1.jpg

After six seasons and 113 grand prix starts, Jenson Button has finally scored a race win after taking the chequered flag in the rain-affected Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Honda driver crossed the line comfortably ahead of McLaren's Pedro de la Rosa and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld - the podium perhaps reflecting the nature of an action-packed and at times chaotic race.

The result has no major effect on the championship race, with ***le contenders Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso both retiring.

After starting 15th on the grid, Renault's Alonso had risen to hold a commanding lead before a drive shaft failure signalled his demise on lap 52.

Meanwhile, struggling to score precious championship points as his tyres disintegrated, Schumacher retired from fourth place late in the race, his car suffering damage after being overtaken by Heidfeld.

Button's team-mate Rubens Barrichello finished fourth, ahead of Red Bull's David Coulthard, Toyota's Ralf Schumacher, BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

Report to follow...

Hungarian Grand Prix, result:

1. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 1:52:20.941
2. Pedro de la Rosa (Spain) McLaren +00:30.837
3. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 00:43.822
4. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 00:45.205
5. David Coulthard (Britain) RedBull - Ferrari 1 lap
6. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1 lap
7. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1 lap
8. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1 lap
9r. Michael Schumacher (Germany) Ferrari 3 laps
10. Tiago Monteiro (Portugal) MF1 - Toyota 3 laps
11. Christijan Albers (Netherlands) MF1 - Toyota 3 laps
12. Scott Speed (U.S.) Toro Rosso - Cosworth 4 laps
13r. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 5 laps
14. Takuma Sato (Japan) Super Aguri - Honda 5 laps
r. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Renault 19 laps
r. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso - Cosworth 45 laps
r. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) McLaren 45 laps
r. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams - Cosworth 51 laps
r. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 52 laps
r. Christian Klien (Austria) RedBull - Ferrari 64 laps
r. Mark Webber (Australia) Williams - Cosworth 69 laps
r. Sakon Yamamoto (Japan) Super Aguri - Honda 70 laps

(rank: r = retired, nc = not classified)

Mark Webber retired again :eek: i'm shocked!

I can't wait till next year when he leaves that joke of a team Williams for Renault or Red Bull.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 7 2006, 05:08 AM
I'd hardly call one of the most sucessful teams ever a joke.
Historically no

But based on this years race completion record i would.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 7 2006, 10:08 AM
I'd hardly call one of the most sucessful teams ever a joke.
I would defintely call them a joke. they are miles off the pace at the moment and I think the year before as well. maybe with the toyota engines next year they might go a bit better.

button finally gets a win. might be another 113 before he gets another

With never-achivers like Webber and Rosberg behind the wheel and last years Cosworth engine, I'm not supprised their slower then the front runners. No-one could expect decent results with a **** package like that.

i can't believe I'm defending Williams. *slaps face*

Im quite dissapointed with Barachello leaving Ferrari but somethimg tells me he was pushed, but saying that he is doing alright i suppose in the Honda team.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 8 2006, 03:05 PM
With never-achivers like Webber and Rosberg behind the wheel and last years Cosworth engine, I'm not supprised their slower then the front runners. No-one could expect decent results with a **** package like that.

i can't believe I'm defending Williams. *slaps face*
It's a bit hard for Webber to acheive anything when everytime he gets himself into a podium position his shitmobile packs it in.

In other news, Webber and Coultard have signed with Red Bull for the 2007 season.

Latest posts