• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Impressions.....

I was playing on normal. I dont think bashing X makes a difference, just speeds up getting the forwards in.

I wouldn't say shane williams was really really good but he is effective

I got mine today too... but from france! Off to bed now but leave any questions you might have and am happy to answer at work tomorrow - not worth asking me stats etc as I'll be at work, but general questions I can do!

Originally posted by morris@Jan 31 2006, 06:43 AM
As for quick ball from rucks and whatever, I'd say 60% of the time it works well, if you bash X and get a load of players in there, and you've got sufficient momentum you can win a ruck rather quickly, plus! one thing I like is that as soon as you see yourself winning the ruck just keep bashing the pass button, or pick up and run and the scrum half will launch it out before the bar has dissapeared and your forwards have had time to land their butts on the ground! quick ball is possible...
I think this is totally untrue. Quick ball is not possible and you cannot retrieve the ball before the bar is totally your colour.

Originally posted by morris@Jan 31 2006, 11:53 AM
I was playing on normal. I dont think bashing X makes a difference, just speeds up getting the forwards in.

I wouldn't say shane williams was really really good but he is effective
That explains a lot, I would start playing on Intensive care and then write another review.

As for button mashing it's not really. You can only add 5 players into the ruck and they don't get there that quickly, so you just need to press X 5 times in your own time.

I know you can only add 5 players and I said above that bashing X doesn't really speed things up, just when your in the heat of the moment you just want to get as many players in as possible. As for getting quick ball, if you start pressing pass as soon as possible the pass animations will begin as soon as the bar turns you colour and before it has had time to dissapear. It's not quick ball as such but it is much quicker and it doesn't feel to slow or turgid.

Also its not a review, its just first impressions of my first few games, I didn't want to go straight into intensive care, I wanted to get a feel for it first

Latest posts