• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First impressions.....

T

Titan

Just playing my first game, Argentina vs Scotland (CPU). I am not going to do a detailed review - I am only having the one game, and besides, I am not sure I could do a proper review justice compared to many on here. What I will say, however, is that my initial impressions are VERY positive! Graphics are superb, there is a great feeling of atmosphere, and kicking from hand is sublime - easily the best I have come across in a rugby game. Not sure RC2006 will get a look in now.....

Happy to answer any questions in the next 10-20 minutes.

What celtic league teams are in the game? Is it just the 9 who feature in the Heineken Cup or have they also included Connacht & Border Reivers?

(probably not, but I'd like confirmation)

How many players per squad (outside the match 22)?

Give me about 10 minutes and I'll let you know.

Kicking from hand is REALLY good! :D

cheers ***an

other quick questions; tho the answer doesn't have to be straight away...

Can you edit the exisiting players this time around?
How many body shapes are available for creating new players? (think there were only 4 last time)

Whats the menu music like?

... "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?" :D

P.S couldn't resist the last one... sorry!

I'm just wondering what the icons are for next to selected players names at bottom of screen.

They constantly change and I'm just wondering if they have effect on play.

Wow, just had a high tackle AGAINST ME!!!! Lovely.

3rd penalty so far, which is probably more than I ever got on Rugby 2005.

Almost finished the game, then wll have a quick look around the menus for you.

Originally posted by rugby2ireland@Feb 10 2006, 10:40 AM
I'm just wondering what the icons are for next to selected players names at bottom of screen.

They constantly change and I'm just wondering if they have effect on play.
Just shows the players position i.e. scrum half.

i think the first thing that hits u in the face with EA06, is the atmosphere

its electric, which is how it should be

watching locks vids and hearing the loud crowd, made my hairs stand

we need this as RC06 lacks it immensely and really kicks me in the teeth

Sidecam is going TO ROCK our world Bokke......cant wait to use this new kicking game and send a grubber in behind the line to be regathered from CauCau, burning down the near sideline, drawing FB, and offloading onto Drew Mitchell (whom better be good in this).................OVER!!!!!!!!!

Habana is going to be a must to buy aswell

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 10 2006, 10:33 AM
What celtic league teams are in the game? Is it just the 9 who feature in the Heineken Cup or have they also included Connacht & Border Reivers?

(probably not, but I'd like confirmation)

How many players per squad (outside the match 22)?
Yep, 9 Heineken teams.

30-man squads in total.

Hi ***an, is this on PC or PS2?

If on PC could you let me know what minimum specs you need to run the game?

cheers

I have the PS2 version.

Played on Normal (Pro) difficulty. AI committed 5 penalties, which I know some people were worried about.

Originally posted by ***an@Feb 10 2006, 11:04 AM
I have the PS2 version.

Played on Normal (Pro) difficulty. AI committed 5 penalties, which I know some people were worried about.
Hey mate can you tell me if you can edit a squad. e.g if I wanted to created a new England team - there should be a pool of players you can access like rugby 2005 cheers!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 10 2006, 10:40 AM
cheers ***an

other quick questions; tho the answer doesn't have to be straight away...

Can you edit the exisiting players this time around?
How many body shapes are available for creating new players? (think there were only 4 last time)

Whats the menu music like?

... "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?" :D

P.S couldn't resist the last one... sorry!
Player creation seems very similar to last year. I didn't really explore much on 05 to be honest, but there are the same 12 face templates.

Music is standard EA fare, although I haven't heard of any of the bands - Amusement Parks on Fire anyone??? - I must be getting old.

Sorry one more Q can you test classic view and tell me if it works - locks mentioned a bug where the ball sometimes goes in the opposite direction you intended. cheers!! :bravo:

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 10 2006, 11:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-***an
@Feb 10 2006, 11:04 AM
I have the PS2 version.

Hey mate can you tell me if you can edit a squad. e.g if I wanted to created a new England team - there should be a pool of players you can access like rugby 2005 cheers! [/b]
Yes you can!

Originally posted by ***an+Feb 10 2006, 11:11 AM-->
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 10 2006, 11:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-***an
@Feb 10 2006, 11:04 AM
I have the PS2 version.

Hey mate can you tell me if you can edit a squad. e.g if I wanted to created a new England team - there should be a pool of players you can access like rugby 2005 cheers!
Yes you can! [/b]
legend thanks mate!! :bravo: B)

Originally posted by ***an@Feb 10 2006, 10:59 AM

Yep, 9 Heineken teams.

-----------------------------

30-man squads in total.

******** :huh: ... really how hard would it have been to create a further two teams, add them to the game and create another playable tournament - Gaelic Division (or some other equally naff non-licensed name)

It can't be a licensing thing, as they have created the Heineken/European Cup with non-licensed teams in it, making a non-licensed tournament that is an exact replica of the real-life one

... damn them :blink:

-------------------------

nice sized squad tho, means we can use other players if we so decide - the 2nd XV to be precise

cheers for the spill ***an, cheers

Latest posts