Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Here we go again:
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co....looding-updates-gloucestershire-brink-9012124

ve been here 16 years, this is the 2nd (maybe 3rd) time it's risen above the "once in a century" level. This time, with deliberately added sewage!

Another involuntary day off work; already had 1 patient say "I'm a fisherman, I've got waders, I can get to you" and be unhappy with a (more diplomatic) response of "I'm not, I don't, I can't"

A recent Danube flooding in Budapest (my photos as of 29/12 and 30/12):
IMG_20231229_120411.jpg
IMG_20231229_120359.jpg
One guy took off his shoes and walked till the bench :)
IMG_20231229_121311.jpg
IMG_20231229_121253.jpg
And in the evening it was even worse:
IMG_20231228_180304.jpg
IMG_20231228_180339.jpg

Last edited:
Ah that's nothing to Tewkesbury-on-Sea

Got some photo's Quel Carreleur is referring too and peak is supposed to Saturday. Luckilly heard no real horror stories yet apart from idiots trying to drive through it despite already abandoned cars.

Myself me and wife are in Canada so its just making sure the cat sitter is able to reach out house which at the moment is just requiring a hell of a detour (our house is high evelcation relatively so it really has to be issue before we are hit in a meaningful way).

1704388453402.png1704388506895.png1704388572949.png

Not too bad around me, lots of pretty spectacular puddles but only proper flooding/road closures on one road (aptly named Watery Lane, due to it constantly flooding) and the adjacent field being under water

Funnily enough they start building a housing estate on that field next month....
Gotta love the planning/foresight!

Flooding outside my house and they want to build more houses in the field opposite? Just lots of surface water on the roads and extremely muddy when I am out cycling. Must be linked to climate change.

A Satellite image of Tewkesbury, Saturday Morning.
Same location (as near as I can make them) or a more normal Satellite (composite) image from Google Maps for comparison.
1704797869517.jpegGoogle.jpg

Front of house is flooded, as is road at front. Cars still going through floodwaters and pushing water into front garden. Think drains are blocked.

Front of house is flooded, as is road at front. Cars still going through floodwaters and pushing water into front garden. Think drains are blocked.
House, or "just" the garden?
I remember 2007, when the ground floor was (just) above the water level - except for every time a selfish twat drove through the flood water to take a picture of the abbey!

House, or "just" the garden?
I remember 2007, when the ground floor was (just) above the water level - except for every time a selfish twat drove through the flood water to take a picture of the abbey!
Yeh, front garden and pathways are flooded with water - about an inch deep. Thankfully water hasn't come into house. But it's getting worse each year and sooner or later I think it may get so bad it comes into the house.

The road that goes past the front of the house is the main thing that gets flooded. We're at the bottom of a hill. And that must be a good few inches of flood water. But cars don't care. It's a quite a regular event when it rains hard like today.

Latest posts